main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Given this one will be the first film lead-in Celebration since CIII, and that the Anaheim Convention Center is cozier than either the Los Angeles or Orlando convention centers ... that's probably not far from the truth.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't mind the advance sales; I'd rather buy tickets in the next couple of months and then worry about booking a hotel room next year and an airline ticket even closer to the event, than having to fork out a large chunk of money at once.

It's still not going to be cool at all if they sell out early though.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah I imagine the movie thing is going to be a big part of it... I'm actually going to be out of the country at the time the sales launch, which is going to make things tricky as heck. I might have to make arrangements or something for someone to do it for me. URGH.

Oh also speaking of Elder Scrolls: after like ages, the NPC head replacer pack is finally done. What makes this Morrowind mod different from all other Morrowind head packs is that this guy's mod is based on the original vanilla heads; he just makes them look updated and nice. All other head packs use silly celebrity faces and things like that. I've waited years for this one, and now I can finally start over from scratch and enjoy the game in true glory. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1458186-westlys-head-packs-and-headhair-replacers/

Examples:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah, that's true the downside could be they all sell out early and I end up getting screwed. I'm not a fan of doing things too far in advance in case situations change, and nearly 2 years is pretty a big gap

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If it turns out you can't make it, can't you just sell the tickets?

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This. I bought C5 tickets as soon as they were being sold, but I wasn't able to go because it was the week I was moving in for school. I sold them to a fellow JCer, easy peasy.

Unlike SDCC tickets, Celebration badges aren't tied by name.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If I were to go to a Celebration- which I 100% won't be, for a variety of reasons- I would have to go as Trioculus. Sad to say I think I could pull him off. Just need a third eye and a permanent scowl.

Yoda_S, Barriss_Coffee and jSarek like this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Jello, can I just pay you to wear a live camera around the whole weekend? You'll be ETE's man on the street!

Fixed.

instantdeath likes this.
  9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Didn't Jello say his parents live close by? Lit slumber party.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I am sooooo not co-splaying. I have all the respect in the world for you people who can sew and construct and put together these awesome costumes but I'd only be capable of something slutty in a plastic bag hanging bag from a Halloween store. (No, that isn't how I normally dress. Shut up.)

People do show up in regular clothes, right?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The vast majority of people wear regular clothes, yes. Don't worry about that -- you only wear costumes if you want to.

That said, I'll be trying to get people with far more talent than I to at least get me a grand admiral's uniform to wear, or something.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hey--what do you mean, "you people"?

[​IMG]

...oh. Those people.

PS I love that there's randomly a Jaina in there.

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Two years to get my Voren costume together ... Will I actually do it this time? Who knows?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If you're dressing as Voren, you *have* to ask a question during the continuity panel. Just have to.

RC-1991 likes this.
  15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'd do that without the costume. :p

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Two years to come up with enough Republic dataries to buy passage into the west? That just might be possible.

17. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    It's not random. Ladies love the Beaker. :p

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Can I steal Patton Oswald's idea and walk around with a severed Chewbacca head?

Also, will there be Christian protestors, like at Comic Con? I'd love to mess with Christian protestors... hell, that may be reason enough for me to go.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I probably shouldn't ask, but WTF were they protesting? Does the new edition to the Conservative Bible, Luke chapter 33, include a verse that says "Thou shalt not read comic books" or something?

20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    The worshiping of false idols, I believe. Which is hilarious on multiple levels.

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That was actually a previous protest, done by the Westboro Baptist Church. There've been more general ones since then.

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, there are protests at Comic Con every year, though I don't believe Westborn Baptist made an appearance this year (though I could be wrong about that). I'm fairly sure the "false idols" charge is the root of most of the protests, and is the excuse they'll use if asked why they're so adamant about wasting their time, though I'm sure those people could twist things to the point where Comic Con guests are breaking all ten commandments.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ok. Less than twenty four hours. I'm going silent. See you all on Wednesday evening, if I survive.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Good luck.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.