main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't know why. Issue #1 of AA showed us exactly which two characters would be the last to survive. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this particular death doesn't stick.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Me either, but it was beautifully executed, IMO.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Only now is tumblr getting upset? Sheesh, they lost me when they killed 4chan Man. He didn't want our pity, he wanted our respect. :(

4. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

I got this back from the framers today: my tribute to Skottie Young and Marvel Now. Now I just need to figure out a place to hang it!

Dingo and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    ****ing finally.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There is a dinner party planned to celebrate this. This credit is long, long, long, long overdue. Although, it does now negate the secret SDCC "Finger Award" for overlooked.cheated creators started by Jim Shooter... which is flipping the bird toward culpable publishing staff members while acknowledging the creators' contributions to the industry.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't want to say I called it but...I totally called it. Happened faster than I thought it would too.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Just completed Avengers vs X-Men

Which turns out to have been an overly elaborate ruse to make Storm have a divorce. [face_plain]

Grade: D- for Destroying families

I would recommend everyone boycott reading this one as Marvel might take a hint to improve their stories when they see the lackluster sales.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Anyone reading Saga? The second TPB came out recently and I really can't wait to get more!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I am. I'm glad it's finally going to be back in August, these long breaks kill me.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    AvX killed my Marvel habit courtesy of that and other offences.

Yup, it's incredibly good.

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Is anybody reading Americanized Judge Dredd? I'd like some unbiased feedback... meaning, not mine.

On an unrelated note, it will come as absolutely no surprise to those who know my favorite era of comics that I found the first issue of Rocketeer/the Spirit: Pulp Friction to be superb. Honestly, I would admit if they misfired, but they did not. They captured... not only the characters... but the era, perfectly. And, in keeping with a nearly 80-year tradition... Betty is all over the Spirit by the end of the first issue. I went into this unspoiled because I genuinely wanted to be able to geek out in a comic shop and just be a fan. The plot is actually really socially significant and well handled.

On a semi-related note: If you have not been reading the series Masks from Dynamite, you are missing out on one of the high water marks of the medium. I promise.

16. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    No cuz I'm worried that it has been Americanized
    I've never been interested in Rocketeer but I do like The Spirit. I'll check this one out
    Had to look it up. Looks good. I'll try this too.

17. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Glad to see a thread like this existing in here so i could also chat about comic books. I recently read Animal Man vol. 1 very interesting if you ask me. I have also read Wolverine Goes to Hell and Wolverine Vs. the X-Men which well its Wolverine whats not to like but I felt it was really good. What I have soon to read is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo graphic novel book two, the single issues out so far of Katana, Star Wars: Legacy 2, and the Doctor Who/Star Trek The Next Generation crossover comic.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You should read the rest of Animal Man, assuming you're talking about the Morrison run. Volume 1 is merely the appetizer.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    While I know that one is also good and I might pick it up when I have the chance since I really like Grant Morrison I was actually refering to the new 52 Animal Man.

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I love this page from Vol 1:
    [​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and Ramza like this.
  21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Awesome. You know I think I might get the issues out so far of Brian Woods X-Men that was released a few months ago. I mean it seems interesting from what I been told and this particular series is about a team of X-Women which is funny why that is but its called X-Men. Just thought i would point out how interesting that is but it is the name of the team. Its interesting how many X-titles there are out there but the x-men universe is so interesting with so many mutants within it.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Been hearing mixed reviews about Wood's first X-Men arc though, which concluded with this week's 3rd issue.

Be aware there'll be a Panini trade that'll more than likely be considerably cheaper than the Marvel edition.

There's also the upcoming X-crossover Battle of the Atom in Sept / Oct.

23. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Panini trade? I am not sure I understand what you mean by that.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well while I know its a bit more expensive I like hardback TPB versus paperback TPB.