main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Zach

Jeff Zach Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 7, 2013
    Disclaimer: This is not my idea, but it is one that I'd love to see for sure

Thirty years have passed since the Battle of Endor (Star Wars Episode 6 Return of the Jedi), where both the seemingly invincible Darth Sidious Emperor Palpatine and the fallen but ultimately redeemed Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader both met their doom at the icy cold hand of death, the greatest adversary of all mortals. During the decades since Endor, the remnants of the Empire have been defeated and the New Republic formed out of the ashes of the Empire. However, dreaded adversaries against the New Republic still exist. A rogue group of Dark Jedi have emerged that threaten the fragile stability that the New Republic enjoys.
    The Cloud City of Bespin has been converted into one of the many Jedi Temple training facilities located all throughout the galaxy. The Jedi's numbers are beginning to grow quickly to Old Republic heights during the golden age of the ancient Jedi Order. The New Jedi Order consists of about 7,000 Jedi Knights. Bespin is now the home to both Jedi Masters, Knights and Apprentices.
    During routine Jedi training on Bespin, the Dark Jedi invade wearing jet packs, which send them like a swarm dropping into the upper reaches of the Cloud City. These Dark Jedi are seeking to re establish the horrific legacy of Darth Vader and, hence, they wear a more advanced looking version of Darth Vader's black mask, helmet and body armor in honor of their fallen hero.
    As the Dark Jedi attack Bespin, their sleek battle satellites swarm the floating city and rain down turbolaser fire on the city. The Jedi are taken by complete surprise. However, the Dark Jedi seek not to conquer Bespin, but to capture some of the Jedi's prized holocrons, which hold vast quantities of information about the ancient ways and customs of the Jedi. As hundreds of light-saber battles erupt between the Jedi and their Dark Jedi counterparts, some of the Dark Jedi use concussion grenades to cause damage to Bespin's superstructure.
    A few of the holocrons are captured by the Dark Jedi. With their mission now complete, the Dark Jedi retreat from Cloud City and fly away from the city using their jet packs which they wear on their backs. The Dark Jedi fly into the nearby clouds and disappear. The roar of engines can be heard as the Dark Jedi escape in their customized Tie Rager star ships, which were hidden in the clouds above Cloud City.
    The 12 members of the Jedi Council are present in the Jedi Council chamber in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Several Jedi, who survived the battle of Bespin against the Dark Jedi, relate to Luke Skywalker (the head of the Jedi Council) that several Jedi holocrons were taken during the battle. Luke informs the Jedi Council that the Jedi will have to find these lost holocrons and bring the Dark Jedi under control.
    Meanwhile, just outside of the Jedi Temple, a shape-shifting Dark Jedi named Asp morphs into Ben Skywalker and enters the Jedi Temple. Asp makes his way to the Jedi super computer area where Asp hopes to disable the Jedi's computer network. Padawans Anakin Solo (son of Han Solo and Leia Organa) and Ben Skywalker (son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade) are walking by the computer area. They both sense something and enter the computer area. Ben and Anakin are shocked to see someone in the room that looks exactly like Ben. Asp sees the padawans and flees the room. Ben and Anakin chase after Asp.
    Asp makes his way to the garage at the Jedi Temple and steals one of the Jedi swoop bikes. At a high rate of speed, Asp flies down the streets of Coruscant. Ben and Anakin each get a swoop bike and pursue Asp. After a thrilling chase, Asp wrecks his swoop bike. The Coruscant zoo is nearby and Asp enters the zoo to hide from Anakin and Ben. Anakin and Ben park their swoop bikes and quickly follow Asp into the zoo. A spectacular light-saber duel erupts between Asp vs. Ben and Anakin. As the duel rages on, Asp begins to lose so he uses his light saber to release massively large Rygor tigers from their cage.
    Ben sees the tigers and says: "I have a bad feeling about this." The tigers spot Ben and Anakin and then charge at the two padawans. Ben and Anakin battle the tigers. Within a few minutes, Ben and Anakin have killed all seven of the ferocious tigers. However, by the time Ben and Anakin are finished fighting the tigers, Asp has escaped to parts unknown.
    Elsewhere, Shindor, the leader of the Dark Jedi, is elated to learn that some of the Jedi holocrons have successfully been taken from the Jedi. Shindor is currently at the Dark Jedi's cloning facility, which is located on a planet nearby Coruscant. Shindor is using this facility to make clones of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Dark Jedi plan to fulfill Darth Vader's prophecy that he and Luke should rule the galaxy as father and son and bring peace and order to the galaxy. The Dark Jedi are using Imperial DNA samples of Vader to produce a clone of the Dark Lord of the Sith and are using DNA samples from Luke's severed hand to produce a clone of the venerable Jedi Master. Skywalker's severed hand is currently owned by one of the chief Dark Jedi named, Spiden.
    Meanwhile, Spiden hatches a plan to leak the Dark Jedi's efforts to clone Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker to spies working for the New Republic. Spiden hopes the leader of the Dark Jedi will be destroyed by forces from the New Republic so that he can become the new leader of the Dark Jedi. Spiden leaks this information. The New Republic military and a Jedi army plan to raid the Dark Jedi hideout.
    Also, Spiden contacts Luke Skywalker and asks the great Jedi Master to meet with him on the planet of Sluivan. Spiden tells Luke that Spiden is a smuggler who came across Luke's severed hand in a preservation box. Luke learns from Spiden that the Empire recovered Luke's hand that Vader cut off at Bespin. Spiden says that the hand is in perfect condition and can probably be re-attached to Luke's arm. Luke agrees to meet Spiden on Sluivan.
    Luke arrives on Sluivan with R2-D2 and C-3PO. Luke enters a room where Spiden told Luke he would be waiting for Luke. Luke sees Spiden holding his severed hand in a transparent preservation box. Suddenly, the door behind Luke closes. Spiden sets down the hand and pulls out two light sabers. Spiden holds one in each hand and ignites them. Spiden tells Luke that he will now avenge the deaths of Darth Sidious and Darth Vader, who were the final Sith Lords. Luke pulls out his light saber and ignites it. Luke and Spiden fight with their light sabers. Luke manages to cut off one of Spiden's hands. Spiden continues to fight with his other hand.
    R2-D2 rolls up behind Spiden. R2 ignites his rocket boosters and crashes into the back of Spiden at a tremendous speed. Spiden falls to the ground. Spiden stands back up dazed. With a slight movement of his hand, Luke uses the Force to send Spiden flying across the room. Spiden slams into a wall and is left unconscious. Luke thanks R2 for his valor, then Luke recovers his severed hand and then cuts the closed door open with his light saber.
    Luke, R2 and C-3PO exit the room. On Coruscant, a team of Jedi doctors re-attach Luke's hand to his arm.
    Luke learns that the Republic is planning to send a military unit to the enormous asteroid base where the Dark Jedi are cloning Vader and Luke. Luke orders the Jedi star pilots to scramble to their fighters and join the Republic forces in the fight. The Republic and Jedi star fighters arrive at the Dark Jedi asteroid hideout where the Dark Jedi cloning facility is located. Hundreds of Dark Jedi fighters are waiting for them. A massive space battle ensues.
    Luke and several dozen or so other Jedi make their way to the interior of the asteroid base and enter the Dark Jedi cloning facility. Light saber battles erupt between the Jedi and the Dark Jedi. Luke finds the Dark Jedi leader, Shindor, and they engage in a light-saber duel. Luke eventually decapitates Shindor.
    The remaining Dark Jedi flee the cloning facility with the growing clones of Vader and Luke. The Jedi set explosive charges all over the cloning facility. The Jedi flee the cloning facility. A few minutes later, the cloning facility is destroyed by the exploding charges.
    While the Dark Jedi cloning facility has been destroyed, the New Republic and Jedi are unaware that the Dark Jedi succeeded in preserving the growing clones of Vader and Luke, which will be utilized in the Dark Jedi's grand scheme to conquer the galaxy. Back on Coruscant, Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker are brought before the Jedi Council. For their bravery in combating the Dark Jedi, the Jedi Council makes Anakin and Ben full-fledged Jedi Knights. The two are given their official Jedi robes. Iris out. Start and roll production end credits.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  3. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    You know, if there is one place worse then an ancient Sith temple on a world completely indefensible and difficult to resupply because it so remote, it's got to be a place that can be complete destroyed by simply knocking it out of the sky with all Jedi trainees aboard.

TheManFromMortis and Immortiss like this.
  4. DarthGizmo

DarthGizmo Jedi Master star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    Some ideas I have for the ST. Some are similar to others already posted. I have refined some of them based on other ideas in this thread.

The backdrop should be a universe in turmoil. Many organisations/species/planets/systems etc united by their hatred of the empire find that once that has been removed they actually have very little in common. This makes it difficult for the new Galactic Republic to control and creates the ideal environment for gangsters, smugglers, etc to thrive. A crimelord has become very powerful and wealthy as a result.

Luke is the head of the new Jedi order but his body has been damaged by how close he came to the darkside (in some cases using it). As a consequence he has aged prematurely and now walks with a cane. Fighting is now beyond him.

Leia has just taken over as Chancellor of the Galactic Republic succeeding Mon Mothma who has recently retired. Can she re-unite the galaxy? She and Han are married and they have one child in their early 20s.

The early part of Ep 7 should concentrate on Luke, Leia and Han to quickly and easily establish where we are and to introduce the new characters. The latter parts of Ep 7 should be a transitional film where the newly introduced characters become the main focus for the rest of the trilogy.

In my opinion the Sith should stay dead but I can't help but feel that there is unfinished business with Darth Plagueis's story. Maybe his holocron could be discovered and someone attempts to teach themself how to stop people from dying. This could be inspired by the death of a major character and they later use it to save another major character (both of these events are probably in Ep 8 or 9 though). Attempting to use the darkside for good could be a sub-plot tying in with Luke's physical state.

A cliffhanger for the end of Ep7 could be for a political opponent to publicly reveal that Luke and Leia are the offspring of Darth Vader. Someone who knew from Ep3 has survived to Ep 7. Who they are and how they know though, I don't know.

5. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I'd really love to see something of a mystery. Almost like what occurs at the beginning of Attack of the Clones, but better. The New Jedi Order and the New Republic have ruled in peace for decades, but a new threat arises, sabotaging the Jedi Temple and starting a war with a small band of rebels trying to revive the Empire. They are lead by a Dark Jedi whose name I cannot think of.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's going to be at least thirty years — that's pretty much a given.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... unless the villain's plot involves an "aging" ray. Then, it could take place immediately after the Endor celebration. And, would suck...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm thinking we'll get a new Sith of some kind that will get involved with the Imperial Remnant and one of the Solo kids will turn to the Dark Side (I bet this will be how Han will kick the bucket if it's true that Ford is pushing for that). The other kids, along with additional new characters, will be new Jedi and Luke will be the "Yoda" of the show. He'll be rebuilding the Jedi order and restoring the Jedi to their former greatness.

In my heart of hearts, I want Thrawn as a villain as well but I'm not holding my breath for it.

9. StarWarren

StarWarren Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    Not sure about the plot, but the subtitles could be as follows:
    • Episode VII: The Dark Remnants
    • Episode VIII: Advance of the Padawans
    • Episode IX: Renewal of the Republic

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    No Dark SkySolos! (or any fallen Jedi for that matter!).

11. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    The heroine goes on a quest for her own identity. The ''new villain'' be Nightsister or other dark sider, intends on doing some kind of damage.

12. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Luke Skywalker does something. But, ya know, like, something cool. Yeah ...

13. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Warning: lengthy post with multiple theories: I know this thread is for plot /ideas/ but it still seems like the most appropriate place for what I suspect could happen in Episodes VII-IX. Note that this is a quote from another thread and I feel like (if true) it could actually give us quite a bit of insight into what's in the plans for the new films:

Notice all of the Rebellion themed games. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a coincidence these games were under development and then suddenly cancelled when Star Wars was sold to Disney and the creation of the "Rebels" television show and new trilogy were announced. I understand it was, in part, because of a change of direction for the gaming department as a whole. But it's possible for there to have been more than one reason for the change in direction.

Don't forget that Rebels cartoon will be coming out before Episode VII and might introduce our new villain(s). Perhaps it will be a young Jedi from the Old Republic who survived the rise of the Empire and resents what the old Jedi Order stood for and how it let Palpatine/the Sith eradicate his friends and take over the galaxy because they were blinded by their own ideologies. His/her opposition to the New Republic that Luke is leading the construction of is rooted in that backstory, rather than support for the Empire. Obviously they would be pretty old by the time of the new trilogy, even if they were a young teenager at the time of RotS but this person could have found somebody to train and pass on their beliefs to. That or it could be an alien species that lives for a long time... Yoda wasn't that far from 1,000 years old.

We should also remember that while the movies coming out between the new trilogy are stand-alone, I definitely expect them to have ties to the new movies. For example, we didn't see Palpatine until V so VII could be focused on introducing the characters themselves and the skirmishes still taking place in regards to the building of the New Republic. Then we see the central villain of the new movies as a background character in a spin-off movie (to build character, familiarity, motives) and are surprised by their role in VIII.

Anyway, back to the games. It took the Empire decades to take over the galaxy. In A New Hope, it was revealed that they had only then ceased operation of the Senate. I feel like there's no chance the fighting will be over. Perhaps most importantly out of these games, though, is "Episode VII: Shadows of the Sith". Maybe it was going to be treated like the rest of the EU and not be treated as canon but "Episode VII" seems like something Lucas wouldn't even consider putting his stamp on if it were not something he was behind, to some degree.

Palpatine always seems to have a backup plan. After Darth Maul, it was Dooku, then Vader. I haven't been able to see enough of the Clone Wars cartoons, unfortunately, but I thought there was a lesser relationship with Ventress in there, too. Also taking inspiration from TCW cartoon, as Kenobi's apprentice, Anakin had his own. It's possible that Vader also had Sith-in-training. While Palpatine and Vader were the only true Sith, it's possible they were building their own sort of Sith Order for the Empire (in the same mold the Jedi Order was to the Old Republic) with a legion of lightsaber-wielding warriors. After they were both killed in RotJ, this developing hidden order became more recluse. They trained and schemed in the shadows. Then comes VII. New Republic versus remnants of the Empire versus rogues. Luke's New Jedi Order versus the shadows of the old Sith.

Essentially you would have
    I & II - story of how the seeds of the Old Republic's fall are planted
    Clone Wars cartoon and III - transition to how the Empire staged the takeover
    III and Rebels - the Empire taking control of the galaxy
    VI, V & VI - the Empire's attempt to vanquish the last of it's opposition but ultimately the /beginning/ of the end for it
    Post-VI - Rebel's attempt to overcome the Empire's forces

For the final trilogy, perhaps it will be the original trilogy but reversed: how the new regime is trying to eliminate the old one. It's not impossible to think that after 20 years they're still fighting one another. Plus, when the Empire tried to take over, they had control of the Senate, a massive army with powerful weapons technology. The New Rebellion doesn't have that luxury. Really, they're still outmatched in terms of weapons and will have a much more difficult time overcoming the Empire.

Couple more bullet points:
    - For what it's worth, constant battle seems like an odd environment for Solo and Skywalkers to be having children but I don't doubt they'll try to work them in.
    - This one's just a hunch, but I suspect Han Solo will die in Episode VII. Ford and others wanted this in RotJ and after 30 years, I don't think Lucas (from whom the plot was given) will put this off too much longer.

To me, there's so much to work with here without doing something like cloning anybody, having Palpatine or his master come back after 20 more years (who knows how old either would be and why would either one of them have not been around until VII?).

14. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    The only thing about the "Shadows of the Sith" title is, I just noticed, the LucasArts book it originates from was published in 2008. I'm pretty sure the movie wasn't in development back then.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Vader would have told Luke about any secret Sith apprentices.

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Some Gungans open a barber shop at Anchorhead, next to Tosche Station where they shave Wookiees and Ewoks. Luke goes to Tosche Station to pick up his power converters and hang with some Gungans and shaved Wookiees and Ewoks and they have a musical number.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What if Palps had some that Vader didn't know about?

18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Granted, but wouldn't that be a step down? That is, less than a threat than Palpatine himself. We need a bigger threat than the Emperor. We know the heroes will win. We need a threat greater than any we've seen before, if the heroes are going to deserve our (the audience) acclaim for their inevitable victory.

19. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    It was most likely a working title for the first force unleashed game which did feature Vader having a secret apprentice in the years between ROTS and ANH.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's going to be very hard to outdo the Emperor. Unless it's some threat that could destroy the entire galaxy but even if that's the case unless they're successful I still don't think they'll outdo him. I mean the guy destroyed almost all his enemies, turned the hero into a villain and ruled the entire galaxy for a few decades. How can you beat that? :p I think they should just focus on creating a legitimate threat to our heroes that can successfully close out the saga. If this is the last trilogy that is.

21. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Not unless it was already written in the PT. :p

As an audience member I expect no less from the Sequel Trilogy of the Star Wars Saga.:cool:

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Death Star weaknesses were part of Plagueis's plan.

23. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Were there ever any other Sith Lords who had a title beyond their name? I.e., Darth Plagueis the Wise.

24. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    1) I think the plot for Episode VII will be similar to like Game of Thrones.
    2) There is one character that is the key to the whole story.

This may be a little long, but hear me out.

1) In Star Wars, Lucas has set up a universe where everything is cyclical.

The prequels start with a stable, democratic government and end with its collapse. However, it's just the beginning of the Empire. The roots that the Sith planted are just starting to take hold.

The original trilogy starts with the Senate being dissolved and the Empire fully developed and ends when the Empire is toppled. However, even though democracy has been restored to some extent, it is a tenuous at best.

If this trend continues, then at the beginning of Episode VII, the new government is becoming more stable, but is still vulnerable. So, the plot would revolve around something threatening THAT stability.

The prequels focused democracy being destroyed from within. Ep. VII could be the exact opposite. Whenever there is an unstable government, there are always opportunists trying to seize control for themselves.

So the plot could resemble Game of Thrones. There could be more than one faction trying to vie for control of the Galaxy. So it's possible that we'll see an attempted coup/takeover.

This leads me to point #2.

2) What character is the key to making this plot possible?

Leia.

If Leia is somehow now a leader of the new government. Then any faction attempting to gain power, would increase their odds by capturing her and holding her hostage.

It may seem redundant, but it makes perfect sense.

This would be a perfect trigger to involve all of the characters, young and old. It affects the story on a political and personal level. (And would make her kidnapping in Ep. IV a foreshadowing in the overall story-arc, bringing the story full circle.)

Only, this time EVERYTHING would be at stake. Now she's Luke's sister, Han's wife, a mother and the leader of a fragile democracy in its infancy.

If Leia is captured, then systems in the new government could conceivably abandon it out of fear in order to protect their own people and all of the opportunists would come out of the wood-works.

Thus, you would have a situation that would resemble Game of Thrones where everyone is either jockeying for control of the galaxy or trying to protect their own.

Thoughts?

Immortiss likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Let me say that a more suitable analogy might be King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, due to the amount of gratuitous sex I've seen in GoT. I've only watched the first episode, but the story lines can be outright disgusting in my opinion.

-So Leia imprisoned again. OK. Poor Leia.

-I like that the ST starts like the PT, i.e., stable, but progresses in to chaos and ends like OT...the good guys and girls win. Good.

-Self-interested, fragmented or splintered parties. Good.

-The Villain can divide and conquer again. OK.

- OK. I'm good. The only thing I would like to add is that the ST be about politics and family, but add or include metaphysics.

Also, I want to see that 'Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade' that Obi-Wan discussed in a new hope, but I never felt I saw in the PT or TCW. If we add some metaphysics or religious (Light and Dark) aspects to the story, maybe then we can have our Crusaders (of the Lost Kaibur Crystal Skull).;)

DarthMateous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.