main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I also put together this image, showing all the spines lined up:

[​IMG]

Pretty crazy that the real season 5 matches my old gag cover of Gascon:

[​IMG]

Ok, no more images from me. :)

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

But you have to do a disc swap anyway to watch complete arcs from Seasons 1, 2 and 3 when different episodes that were part of the same narrative were aired in different seasons :p

I think because people naively assumed that would be what would happen with the bonus content. I do think it is silly for people to refuse to buy the set because it doesn't have the bonus content on it... It was unlikely to anyway.

I have to say, out of all those covers, the season 5 cover looks the best. It stands out more then all the others. At least you guys in the US get the slip-cases... we don't in the UK. My season 4 came without a slip case.

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    When they actually put out a real "compete series set" with the S6 eps (that's what I'm still waiting on, disappointed that the S1-5 set doesn't have them) I really, really, really hope this is the cover.

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    True. Evil Plans-Hostage Crisis-Hunt for Ziro is pretty damn annoying.

I'd pay extra to have them in chronological order! :(

As others have said, that's not going to happen because of the different distributors. Warner Bros. owns Seasons 1-5, whereas Disney owns the bonus content.

No harm waiting for it to go down in price though. Just don't hold out for a more complete set, as it's incredibly unlikely.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I think they reading ur mind but put Obi-Wan instead

6. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    It should be noted that with season 4 on blu-ray, $30 was the lowest it ever was on Amazon. Meanwhile, the pre-order price ended up being $35. So between release and now, it only dropped $5 lower than the pre-order price. Best bet is to pre-order as soon as possible to get it as early as possible at a good price. Otherwise it'll be a while before it dips again.

7. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I've just had a look to see how much I paid for Season 4 blu-ray in the UK... it was £36... so that would have been $55 for those in the US. That is quite expensive... But if its something I really want then I will buy it regardless of the price. TCW Season 5 will not be the exception to this rule... as soon as I can pre-order it on amazon.co.uk I will be, regardless of the price.

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The Season 1-4 Blu-Ray box set is currently £50 on Amazon. At least in the UK, waiting definitely brings the price down substantially.

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

True, but I'm definitely not waiting months and months for the price to come down for the stand-alone Season 5 blu-ray. (I know it sounds mad but if I have the money for it and it won't dent my money too much I don't care how much the price is...)

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Not mad at all. Different people have different amounts of disposable income. Consequently, each person decides how much a piece of entertainment is worth it to them.

Frankly, companies rely on the people that buy their products at full price straight away. Then, once enough people have bought it at full price, they can drop the price to open it up to new customers.

So no, you're not mad. ;)

hlc88 likes this.
  11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The trouble is I'm a student!! So I don't have much of a disposable income! [face_laugh] The money I do get is for petrol and running my car. So really I *shouldn't* be buying stuff at full-price BUT when I was working before I started my degree I did build up some money and its a really small amount but every so often I use that to treat myself with something I want. October's treat is TCW S5 blu-ray :p

I'm a companies ideal customer then [face_rofl]

Legolas Skywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  12. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    In retrospect I wish I had been buying the seasons in DVD so I could buy the complete set in Blu-ray. At this point i'll just be picking up S5 in Blu Ray to finish my collection. No collector's edition for me, I already own 4/5 of it.

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Maybe the Obi-Wan cover is a ruse and the Gascon one will turn out to be the actual cover?

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Oh dear lord :eek:

That is a horrible thought to contemplate!!! [face_sick]

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Christ, why is the Season 2 box so big?

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Season 1 is big too, just being in the back makes it look not as big as season 2. Both are the book versions of the blu-rays.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

That would be the biggest troll ever [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As others have said, that's not going to happen because of the different distributors. Warner Bros. owns Seasons 1-5, whereas Disney owns the bonus content.

No harm waiting for it to go down in price though. Just don't hold out for a more complete set, as it's incredibly unlikely.[/quote]

Hey, never say never, there's a giant box of James Bond movies out there, isn't it? If anything, I might get the complete S1-5 then whatever the S6 box comes in and glue them together worst case scenario. Just if I want a "complete" package I'll wait until the last bit of that package is ready. And, hey, cheaper, yay!

Also, yeah, I would still love this as a cover. Maybe I'll print it off!
    [​IMG]

Circular_Logic and 07jonesj like this.
  20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Wonder why Amazon doesn't have it up for pre-order yet.

I bought all but season four on dvd, so I am in for the full series on Blu Ray - will just ebay the dvd sets most likely to help defray the cost.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm surprised they wouldn't put Gascon and WAC on the cover :p

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, we don't know what pics will be on the back cover and then their is always the poor discs for Gascon and WAC.

It was inevitable to me there would be some sort of collectors edition at the end but I'm to impatient for that so I just picked up the Blu-rays and will simply complete my collection with season 5. So far I'm only hearing about an artbook being included with the collectors set.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    One of the discs is Saw, and I'm assuming Ahsoka for the other one on the Blu-Ray.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I assumed it would be Hondo and Ahsoka getting two of the discs. I haven't seen pics of the discs yet. I guess Saw is better than an STD being on the disc. =b

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

How do you know?