main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out)
    Silver arrows are so powerful! They kill Triforce-wielders!

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out again)
    I would LOVE female Link.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You don't have to tell us every time the edit time ran out. We know :)

A female Link would be awesome, though I doubt we'd ever see one.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Going to the Mann Center in Philly for the Zelda concert tonight. Anyone else def going?

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about in the future, a game with Majora's Mask Link helping to capture Ganondorf, leading to the execution attempt in TP.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    If anyone wants to meet me, I'm wearing a red Adventure Time shirt and I'll be with my brother and sister in law who are wearing WW Link shirts.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Demise = Rakata
    Ganondorf/Ganon = Sith

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Y'know, I was thinking about that. While I agree that a female Link would be excellent, how about Zelda going on the adventure? It could be called 'The Broken Link' and something could happen to Link which leaves Zelda to save the world and Link as the two are somehow connected.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    "The Last of Us" + "The Legend of Zelda" = gold mine !

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You might find it interesting that OOT Link apparently lost to Ganondorf in the backstory of ALTTP. Maybe Zelda stepped up to the plate when that happened.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Couldn't make it/afford it so close to Mayhem Fest but turns out there's actually a performance in NJ in a couple weeks, so i might be able to squeeze it in afterall (and it avoids the parking nightmare I expierenced at the Mann Center last time! ;)).

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm curious about the conflicts over the Triforce that didn't involve Ganon. Was Demise's hatred involved?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The theory of Link inadvertently bringing the Nightmares back with him to Hyrule after LA is a great idea- I really hope that's the route they take if it's not an original villain. It would explain the return of the Dark World very well (though, then again, the alt-ending to ALTTP showed that the Dark World still existed after Link defeated Ganon- it's inhabitants simply rose up against Ganon's followers, so if the new game is following THAT outcome, that could be very interesting, even if it's a shame that it suggests that the Dark World did not revert back to the Golden Land/Scared Realm).

It's somewhat tempting really- I never did get around to picking up the hardcover version of TPH's book, but now it's too expensive to justify buying on it's own. had to settle for the paperback version.

That said, Skyward Sword's book was immensely disappointing, as it lacked all the lore and story detail that made TP's book so fantastic (well, that and the golden page edges and overall presentation).

So, the only real reason to buy it would be to get TPH's book and the new OOT3D book to have the full "Zelda bible" collection to put alongside Hyrule Historia. But if OOT3D is as poor on lore content as SS's was (haven't yet had a chance to look through my ST book to judge it's content), there is far less motivation.

Also, it seems this box set won't be including any of the cloth maps from the original releases of the books, so there's still a good reason for me to just to try to finish my set as best as I can (read: minus OOT3D) on an individual basis.

Now, if this had included a hardcover reissue of the original NP ALTTP Player's Guide (my former Zelda bible), I would buy five of these ;).

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The GBA alt-ending isn't canon (nor is the palace of the four sword itself), and even if it was, the Dark World could have been in the process of returning to what it once was.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Ooo another Zelda bible? I could get on board with that, assuming I ever have money again :/ Tired of being poor. I had a dream about finding a handheld Zelda game for an insanely low price. Too bad I can't find deals like that in real life. Still have to look into a 3DS in the near future for ALttP2. Again assuming I ever have money again :p or I could start saving for CVII....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    huh?

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I was hoping Nintendo would take the opportunity to make a LoZ themed 3DS XL with the upcoming release of ALBW, but I haven't heard or seen anything other than the custom Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter and Mario ones coming out in Japan. I know there was a shot of an all-black one in the “Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros” commercial, so it would be cool if they took that black one and added some sort of gold designs on it, similar to the LoZ 3DS.

You think it's something they are working on or no?

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Who here would enjoy "Zelda Zero Mission"?

Rew likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've long hoped that they'd make a prequel to LOZ but force that Link to not use any of the items he'd find in LOZ later on. But knowing the franchise, a "Zelda Zero Mission" would be a prequel to SS ;)

Also, it seems the NJ performance is Season 1, not 2, so it looks like I'll just have to wait and hope it comes around again next year.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I didn't mean they should make a game called "Zelda Zero Mission". I meant that they should remake LOZ and AOL in the same way that Metroid Zero Mission remade Original Metroid.