main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should Jedi be tempted by the Dark Side and/or fall in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darklordoftech, Jul 30, 2013.

?

Should Jedi be tempted by the Dark Side and/or fall in the ST?

1. Jedi should fall and be tempted

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Jedi should be fall, but nobody should be tempted

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Jedi should be tempted, but nobody should fall

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Jedi shouldn't fall and/or be tempted

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Someone suggeted I create this thread, so I did.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I like the idea of someone choosing it rather than being tempted.

Immortiss likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Absolutely, Jedi should still be tempted by the dark side in the ST. The dark side needs to remain a legitimate, palpable threat to any Jedi including the new heroes. If the story demands that a Jedi actually fall to the dark side then I have no problem with that either.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know how they'd fall without having the option of falling presented to them, i.e. being tempted.

I would like to see temptations and struggles against the Dark Side, and if it suits the story, someone should fall, although that might not be necessary.

I would like to see Jedi dealing with the huge responsibility of using their extraordinary powers for good and avoiding the "quicker, easier path" of using them for evil.

5. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I was thinking someone could choose the darkside for rational or selfish reasons and not necessarily be tempted by a particular someone. Imagine a solid Jedi Knight in a situation where millions of lives are at stake, but they can only save them by going dark. This is an internal temptation, but it's not being induced by a tempter. Or maybe it's not even an internal temptation: the New Republic asks a Jedi to do this terrible thing, sacrifice their goodness for everyone. This is sort of an external tempter situation, but the tempter isn't trying to make the Jedi fall for the sake of falling.

Also, what about a sociopath force user? No need to tempt them; they're just doing what's natural.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I can't imagine Luke training a sociopath.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe he would feel forced to if it was a family member? Or maybe someone else trains them. Or maybe he can't think of a better option.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I wouldn't mind someone falling to the dark side as long as it is not a) a Skywalker or b) just a rehash of Anakin's story.

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt that.

10. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Have faith. Maybe Luke becomes a lil arrogant himself.

11. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    We've only seen the force in very "Light and Dark", "Black and White", terminology. In the ST I'd like to see something different to the Sith and Jedi... some thing more "Grey". A villain who like Revan has been light and dark and ends up being something different to the Sith and Jedi, something more powerful. Blend in a tactical mind like Thrawn's and we'll have an extrodanary villain that is different to anything the Galaxy has ever faced.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Regardless of suggestions, this would be better discussed in the "Baddie" thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.