main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO If you could create one Star Wars game with unlimited resources, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Cevan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ahhhh you think tact is your ally?

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, give me a few minutes to count all the ****s I don't give, then I'm gonna high-five I Are The Internets and move on.

3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    That was even worse. [face_tired]

4. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Another Jedi Knight Game! With lots of Shadow Troopers

5. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    A Star Craft-esque Star Wars experience would be terrific in my opinion, as they're so many directions that one can go with that.

Another route I'd take is a combination of the greatest qualities of the online MMORPGs, Star Wars Galaxies and Star Wars The Old Republic. Then just add more. More planets, more expansive areas to explore, more character creation options, weapon creation options, spaceship creation, free-roaming space travel, etc. The games would have to be as close to the movie experiences as possible, the ultimate Star Wars experience second only to actually watching the films themselves.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A huge, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE open world game, sort of like The Old Republic but with a bigger open world like Grand Theft Auto and Skyrim, where you can go everywhere and interact with everything on different Star Wars planets. They could release a whole new planet for every major update.

I think being able to explore a whole planet may be a bit too large scale, actually it'd be pretty much impossible to make, so maybe you could be able to explore part of the planet, about the size of the GTA 5 map.

Here's what could be included in the game with the starter planets:

Tatooine
    - Mos Eisley with the spaceport and cantina. You can buy starships from the spaceport to fly to other planets.
    - Mos Espa with the podrace course, which you can race other contestants on when you buy your own podracer.
    - Jabba's Palace and the Pit of Carkoon.
    - The Dune Sea.
    - Sandcrawlers for traveling across the map.

Coruscant
    - The Jedi Temple, with all of the Jedi from the prequels walking around, who you can also train with.
    - The Senate building, with all of the Senators from the prequels.
    - Hundreds of skyscrapers and vehicles.

Hoth
    - Echo Base with snow speeders.
    - AT-AT's and AT-ST's for traveling across the map.
    - Large snow mountains.

Naboo
    - Theed Royal Palace.
    - Otoh Gunga. You can also travel underwater and find Sando Aqua Monsters, Opee Sea Killers and Colo Claw Fish.
    - The Grassy Plains.
    - Large waterfalls and lakes.
    - Trade Federation ships above the planet that you can travel to.

Kamino
    - Tipoca City with hundreds of Clone Troopers.
    - Aiwha to travel across the ocean to different cities.

Geonosis
    - The Petranaki Arena with the Reek, Acklay and Nexu. Hundreds of Geonosians watching like in Attack of the Clones.
    - The droid factory with battle droids being made.
    - Large rock formations and cliffs.

Each of these planets could have a famous battle that happens once every week or something.

Tatooine: No famous battle, but Storm Troopers could start searching everywhere in Tatooine for the droids they're looking for, which could start a few smaller battles.
    Coruscant: Battle of Coruscant above the planet.
    Hoth: Battle of Hoth.
    Naboo: Battle of the Grassy Plains.
    Kamino: Battle of Kamino.
    Geonosis: Battle of Geonosis.

This is all just ideas, and I might expand on this another time. If anyone else has anything to add to this, please feel free to :)

Son of a Bith likes this.
  7. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Want!

Sent via my astromech droid

8. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I'd want a kind of bank heist kinda thing, similar to Payday: The Heist, set before Phantom Menace. The different heists would escalate in difficulty until in the final mission, you and your crew get brutally murdered by Darth Maul (since you some of your higher-profile targets belonged to Sidious or Plagueis).

9. JangoMereel

JangoMereel Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2013
    A game like Bounty Hunter but centered around Boba before episode 4. Where you could fly from planet to planet killing bounties and upgrading the Slave 1 and your armor.

10. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Also just thought of this, but if EA would allow Star Wars mods to be created for Garry's Mod, that'd be pretty awesome.

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I would make a turn based RPG adaption of Episodes 1-6. Start the game with Qui Gon & Obi Wan meeting with Valorum & end it with the celebration on Endor. Id like it to be made by Square.

Another great game Id want to play is an open world game based on Naboo, Tatooine or Bespin.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    A turn based strategy game in the same vein as the Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms titles. You can pick from several key starting dates and the map would have the appropriate factions and characters in play during that time frame, but from there triggered game events and how the player behaves can govern whether the game follows the lore or deviates significantly.

Factions fight over planetary systems, have to suppress revolts, choose how to treat prisoners of war etc. A player could choose to play as the Rebel Alliance for instance, but have Luke be absolutely ruthless in executing prisoners and violently suppressing opposition, which may lead to a triggered event in which he falls to the Dark Side, and how each character behaves will affect how other characters view them.

In Nobunaga's Ambition for example, officers are sent to carry out various tasks. If you want to develop farms in a province, you select an officer to do so for that turn, and his stats govern how good of a job he does. You can also send officers to approach an officer of an opposing faction and try to get them to jump sides. And if Oda Nobunaga ever found himself in a different faction than his son Oda Nobutada, sending Nobunaga to try and recruit a relative will give a bonus to the chance of succeeding.

So if an Imperial sends Vader to try and get Luke to jump sides to the Empire, he'll be more likely to succeed than if Palpatine does it himself, and if the Rebel player was playing in such a way that Luke fell to the Dark Side, then Vader will be even more likely to succeed, etc.

Or perhaps a player chooses the beginning of the Clone Wars as the starting date and plays as the Republic and manages to capture Dooku early on, deviating heavily from the lore. Then perhaps this can lead to an event where Palpatine is identified as a Sith lord and the game spirals into a big 'what if?' scenario that deviates to such an extent that the Empire never forms. Or a player could play as the CIS and capture and kill Anakin, creating an event in which the Empire forms with Dooku as the apprentice, or an event could occur in which the CIS succeeds in capturing Palpatine during the Battle of Coruscant. If the player is playing as the CIS, he may then be prompted as to whether or not he wants Palpatine to be allowed to live or to be executed. Giving the player the option of continuing on under the Empire led by Palpatine, which would trigger a subsequent event in which Grievous and the CIS leaders are executed, or the player could choose to execute Palpatine, deviating heavily from the events of the films, leading to Dooku and the CIS Council dominating the Galaxy, etc.

13. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It strikes me as a bit random to put this in a Star Wars setting. But if that floats your boat, sure. I suppose if you love that universe, anything is improved by being in it. Above all, though, your post made me curious about Payday: The Heist. I have not heard about this game before. Sounds like a fun concept.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Y'know, one of the best things about the RotS video game on the last-gen consoles was that it doubled as a fighting game. Maybe they should expand upon that and do a SW fighter. But, you know, not like Soul Calibur 4, because that was just silly.

15. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Star Wars Galaxies that looks as good as The Old Republic. :p And has the voiced dialogue. ;)

16. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Bethesda Star Wars, but on just one planet... one entire small planet or moon, with full equatorial travel. Wilderness, settlements, domed cities, all that jazz; the way Star Wars planetary climates work is entirely compatible with the levels of internal consistency in Elder Scrolls worldspaces. Maybe a whole system, actually, so as to allow for some space travel. It's totally possible, and the concept will happen some day... why not with Star Wars?

WriterMan likes this.
  17. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Unlimited resources? I am designing a game, for fun, but it's realistically designed. But it has long been my dream to make a game where you start in a Star Wars galay with unlimited planets and you can run around, rob people, join the rebellion, etc. Someone else probably said it, and I could go on for hours and hours about it, but it'd be awesome to play. A little EaW, a little Battlefront II and you have a good game.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    KOTOR 3.

WriterMan likes this.
  19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    The Star Wars Conquest mod for Mount & Blade is kind of like that. You can create your own faction or join another and go around the galaxy robbing/assaulting/conquering planets and spaceships, whilst organizing and customizing an army. There isn't any space combat, though.

I had another idea I'd like, that would actually be feasible. I want a game where I can play as Palpatine, preferably through his younger years. I don't care much about the specifics; I just want to play as him and have his backstory expanded. Because Palpatine is awesome.

20. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I desperately (desperately) want Knights of the Old Republic 3. However, in this day and age, I would not want it in the style it was done in '03 and '04. Here's my proposition:

An open world RPG game (like Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, etc). You do not play as either Revan or the Exile. Instead, your PC is a different character all together that you create.

HOWEVER, you are prompted at the beginning of the game to select what Revan and the Exile looked like in your play-throughs. At this point, it's basically canon that they both were light side and that Revan was male and The Exile was female. Those will be constants, but their appearances will be selected by the player.

They will become party members. My personal belief is that if you want to make a truly successful sequel, then all of the surviving party members must return. Of course, there should be additions to the collection as well.

Your party members are:

Revan
    The Exile
    HK-47
    T3-M4
    Canderous Ordo
    Bastila Shan
    Jolee Bindo
    Juhani
    Mission Vao
    Zaalbar
    Carth Onasi
    Atton Rand
    Mira
    Mical the Disciple
    Brianna the Handmaiden
    Visas Marr
    ---
    Additions:
    Atris
    Yuthura Ban
    Admiral Forn Dodanna
    Dustil Onasi

That's 20 party members in total. You may be thinking that that's a lot to hold on the Ebon Hawk, and you'd be right. Remember, The Exile took the Ebon Hawk into the Unknown Regions. Let me get there. It'll all make sense.

Your character is Republic soldier who has rose through the ranks quite a bit. The game starts on your first day as an Ensign. For some reason, Admiral Carth Onasi sees something in you. A spark. Something. After dinner one night on the Republic station on Telos IV, he invites you into his quarters.

He tells you of a mission that he's been planning for years and that may now come to fruition. He has finally gotten the Republic to approve of a mission into the Unknown Regions. He's taking his ship, the Sojourn, into the Unknown regions with quite a bit of support. He asked if he could recruit who he wished for the assignment, and the Republic agreed. He also adds that he'd recently met with a collegue of his, Mical, and he had said that the last crew of the Ebon Hawk is desperately worried for its original owner. He is bringing them, along with the crew of the first game along for the ride. He says there's another reason they're going after Revan, but he doesn't specify why.

The rescue mission of Revan and The Exile only equates for about 30% of the game. After they've been rescued, the true conflict starts. The War. The true Sith fleets swarm into known space. Their war has begun.

You are allowed to choose your gender. Given your gender, you're allowed to pick someone on the ship that you may find to your liking.

Male:
    Juhani
    Mission Vao
    Yuthura Ban
    Brianna the Handmaiden
    Mira
    The Exile
    Visas Marr

Female:
    Mical
    Atton
    Carth Onasi
    Dustil Onasi

Bastila and Revan are not options as it's nearly canon that they do get together. They're sort of off the market. If one chooses to pick the Exile as their partner, one must be wary of what will happen. One cannot forget that both Mical and Atton were drooling over her in the previous game. If you choose to be with her, don't expect for either of them to like you very much. Also keep in mind that male PCs literally have seven ladies to choose from.

There are several planets that have been in the last games that I would like to welcome back:

Telos IV
    Dantooine
    Korriban
    Onderon
    Rakata Prime
    Manaan
    Tatooine
    Kashyyyk
    Nar Shaddaa
    Dxun
    --
    Additions:
    Coruscant
    Sleyheron
    Alderaan

Part of the game will involve getting other planets' armies to aid the Republic's in the coming threat. That is why you go to Rakata Prime, Kashyyyk and Dxun. The Rakata's know Revan as do the Wookies, and the Mandalorians on Dxun know The Exile, and their leader, Mandalore/Canderous, knows them both. You have a diplomatic mission to settle on Manaan involving Kolto. You also have to deal with side missions such as the plotted assassination of Alderaan's royal family. There's other business to be done on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine (hint, involving the assassinations). You make a special trip to both Dantooine and Korriban to retrieve artifacts. You return to bring the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to its former glory!

There would be a lot to this game. Frankly, it would take years to complete. And I truly don't think that Bioware alone would be up for the challenge. If Bioware AND Obsidian combined (considering they've done the whole open world thing with New Vegas) then it could truly work. They could take the best parts of each other's work (the party members will be like they are in the original games/Dragon Age). I honestly think I would prefer for Obsidian to write the story.

Woah, that was a lot. Keep in mind, this has been boiling in my mind for about 8 years now.

ARAJediMaster, Darkslayer and Life like this.
  21. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm also gonna go back and add in Civilization style gameplay for the ground combat.

22. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies with some more planets, making Kashyyyk, Hoth, and Mustafar regular planets and not "adventure planets", no hints to players as to how to attain Jedi other than confirmation that it does exist as a possibility in game, and more encouragement to the players to come up with their own content and not rely upon the devs spoonfeeding it to them a la WOW or SW:TOR. Although I would also add in plenty of in game RPG elements too - more surprise raids, hidden schematics and loot, NPCs with unique quests, etc.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A Civilization-like SW game would be totes fun.