main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    There was one episode of Magnum PI that was a blatant copy of Raiders. Selleck was running around in a leather jacket and fedora, swinging a whip, and trying to track down some "lost art."
    Which has nothing to do with the thread, but I thought it was funny.

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Tom Selleck is awesome. I am currently watching Magnum and I love the guy.

Yes, I think I would even prefer him to Ford. Indiana as a character never did much for me.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    In the casting call for Ep7, there's a role for a 70 year old guy with a tough exterior and strong opinions, so Tom Selleck would be perfect. I've always thought he never got the iconic role (other than Magnum P.I.) that would have made him a superstar of the movie industry, which I think he deserves. Since Lucasfilm couldn't use him for Indiana Jones, why not bring him back and finally put him in Star Wars? It kind of reminds me of how James Cameron finally got around to using Stephen Lang in Avatar, after he tried out for the role of Hicks (in Aliens) all those years ago.

Immortiss and Darth_Pevra like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I found our 30s intellectual-type! Barrett Foa:

[​IMG]

Thank you, NCIS: LA. Although, fellow star Peter Cambor would work too:

[​IMG]

5. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Sorry Darth_Pevra and Corvax855 but I have to disagree with you both on the Tom Selleck casting. IMO his acting is mediocre at best.

I have met TS and I can say that his arrogance and ego are so incredibly out of whack that these qualities show through n his performances.

Other than Magnum PI, the only other halfway decent acting he did that I saw was in 3 Men and a Baby and even in that role he was a self-absorbed dbag.

As far as him being cast in the role of Han or Indy, please dear God no.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I like the Barroa Fett idea! What do you mean that's not his name?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Who cares who gets cast unless there's actually a substantive body of evidence to suggest they won't be able to handle the job?

Efron's filmography is light on said evidence because he's done a lot of teeny movies, but he can act and I think he could actually bring something new and fresh to the role if he were cast. Stop with the doom and gloom, people! Pretty boy teen actors can surprise you. Just look at Leonardo Di Caprio.

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    @ CaptainMorgen2013

Didn't meet Selleck in person so I can't comment on whether he is douchey or not. But whenever there was something serious on Magnum (most often concerning Vietnam), he nailed it for me. I've recently seen a double episode about how he finds his lost wife and was blown away by his performance.

But as I said, Indiana didn't do anything for me. He is a total flat straight hero in my book and the only thing remotely interesting about him are a couple of one-liners. Ford failed to give him anything resembling depth.

I like Han Solo much more however and am happy Ford was given this role. Aside from the fugitive, Star Wars was the only opportunity when Ford got me actually interested in the character he was playing. In Blade Runner (one of my fav movies) I was more interested in every other main character than Deckard.

9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Have to disagree completely on that one. Harrison Ford absolutely nailed Indiana Jones, the role is about as iconic as it gets, way more so than Han Solo, which is iconic itself. Indy had plenty of depth, not to mention a lot of change between the movies. You could see how his character changed over time (though you obviously have to take into account that Temple of Doom plays before Raiders).

10. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Ford in about 7 years played three of my fave fantasy film characters ever with Solo...Jones...Deckard....respect to him!

11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Bladerunner is probably my fave film of all time - HF nails Deckard completely, just love him in this

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    After watching Blade Runner for 4 times I've come to the conclusion that Deckard is simply an *edited*. I love the movie to bits but the only time the protagonist shows some empathy is when he wants to get into Rachaels pants. Maybe it is fitting for such a dark movie that Roy Batty would preach to a deaf man.

Well, that's where different tastes come in. Indiana never engaged me enough to care about him.

13. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    "Guy aged around 70, strong opinions and tough"... am I the only one that thinks this could be Fett?

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that they said all of the character descriptions were new characters.

Toonimator and Immortiss like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really hope not. I see a potential villain or at least a thorn in our heroes sides.

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Pfft... it's CLEARLY Han Solo they're talking about. :D

(it's amazing how many people said "Oh they're recasting Han" in addition to saying "Well, it's obvious which character's Jacen and which is Jaina" when the Casting Call came out... first I've heard someone thinking "It's Fett!")

Boba Fett is dead. Or, at least, he's content to let much of the galaxy think that as he sips Space-Mimosas with his on the tropical island-world of Fijooine, living off the fortunes he amassed over his career and in his more low-profile post-Sarlacc career, which he retired from 20 years before Episode VII.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, I get the feeling we'll see Fett (or at least somebody rockin Fett armour) in the ST somewhere.

18. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    So, True Grit is on the idiot box right now. I really would like Hailee Steinfeld to be in the ST but...she seems to be all booked up. Enders Game, etc.

Definitely a Solo daughter! Just enough toughness, spirit and meanness! Also has the look of each parent too.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    They'll probably have some sorta 'replacement Fett'... not the same armor, or even Mandalorian armor at all maybe, but some armored bounty hunter/merc of some sort. At a certain point, it gets ridiculous having everyone who was alive in the OT show up as a (near) senior citizen in the ST. Especially if that person was thought dead.

Boba Fett's got nothing to do in the ST. Some people say he'd want vengeance against Solo, but why? He probably doesn't know it was Han that activated his jetpack there. Jabba and Vader are the only reasons he'd be after Solo anyway, and they're dead. And waiting 30-something years for vengeance is more Sith territory... "I've got you know, Sol--aaah! My arthritis!" [face_tired] Not that he'd have to be out for vengeance, of course... he's too much of a fan-service character to throw in there, however he'd be used. It'll be as bad as the ANH:SE (if not worse) with Boba apparently staring at the camera, like "See? You love me, right? Now I'm in ALL THREE of the original films! Aren't you thrilled? Ignore that horrid CG Jabba, I'm the real star of this scene."

Revanfan1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Maybe the Rock could play Boba Jr, with Dad tagging along, cracking bad Sarlacc jokes

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's the one thing I never liked about Boba's post-ROTJ characterization in EU. He's not one to let a bounty get personal, and if he wanted vengeance on Han it'd be personal. That's not how Fett works.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Do you know that any of the Clones would be around 70 by now! There could be a whole bands of Fetts running around as a clan after discovering their true lineage going back to Jango Fett.

Star Wars Episode VII:
    D-Jango UnLeashed!

]-}

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Chloe Grace Moretz has revealed she would 'kill' (no surprise there to anyone familiar with her work) to be in Star Wars, she has played Mindy McCready A.k.A Hit Girl in the Kick Ass movies, Abby in 'Let Me In'(one of the best Vampire movies ever) and multiple roles in Dark Shadows, Hugo, Hick and more.

She is easily the best young actor of this whole generation in my opinion and would be a fantastic addition to this team, she could definitely pull off a lead role and would be an excellent actor to play a fallen Jedi Knight.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/07/30/chloe-grace-moretz-star-wars/

24. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Eh, not a fan. She is good in "Kick ass". Pretty good in "Let me in". She was dreadful in "Dark Shadows"(but that movie sucked in general). I thought she was miscast in "Hugo".

She is also attached to a ton of projects. Many of those projects being large mainstream movies. She is probably a little bit overexposed for what they will go for.

Not to mention, she is 16(and looks 15) whereas I think the late teenage female is probably within 19-22 age range.

Saroise Ronan would be a FAR better choice imo.

VMeran and Immortiss like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    After TCW, if I never see another "character can't die because he's too pissed off at another character" storyline, it'll be too soon.

I don't think Fett has positive or negative feelings for anyone other than Mace Windu. He cares about making as much money as possible, that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2