main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Oh ****. I think the writers have been playing us so far in regards to Merlyn.

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I enjoyed 'Smallville' a lot and was a bit skeptical when this was announced. So far , I'm enjoying the show which thelittle comic book nods, the stories and the different villains used.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I like Arrow. It took me a few weeks to adjust to a new Oliver Queen, but he is doing fine so far.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yay, there's a thread for Arrow! It's my favourite show on TV currently :D

I'm about half way through season one, and it just keeps getting better and better.

So far my favourite characters are Oliver, Diggle, Felicity and Laurel.

I can't wait to see Laurel become Black Canary, and see if it's Thea or Roy who become Speedy/Red Arrow. I doubt it'd be Thea, because she'd have no fighting experience, but correct me if I'm wrong, because I've haven't seen all of season one yet, and she's only 17, which would probably be too young to become someone like that.

5. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I really loved season 1 of Arrow. It did take a few episodes to to work out the little kinks, but after that very solid. The one issue I have with the show is that their weekly villains aren't fleshed out too much; hopefully they can improve here. They really stepped it up for the finale. So damn good. A very strong pair of episodes, some of the best I've seen.

I really enjoy the little nods and references they have to other aspects of the DC universe (Bludhaven, a number of subtle references to villains, the league of assassins/shadows, etc). Which bring me to.....

THE FLASH [face_dancing] - they're planning to introduce Barry Allen and have him be a recurring character in season 2 in preparation for him to get his own show later. I love the way they're expanding the DC universe here and hopefully we get more.

Also:
    Season 2 trailer! (caution spoilers for the finale of S1) Can't wait!

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    We get Barry Allen for two episodes and then a back door pilot at the end of the season, which will be interesting. They're trying to keep the realistic grounding while at the same time know his power is superhuman. I like that they've said they will be keeping the character upbeat and that his 2 episodes in Starling City will have an effect on Oliver, Diggle and Felicity.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Would this Flash be seperate from the movieverse Flash DC is planning or the same continuty?

8. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Completely separate. I can't link to the article from my iOS device, but I've gotten the reports from The Hollywood Reporter so you can head over there and check out their articles if you want.

9. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I don't think they've said one way or another (which usually though, indicates "no"). The tv development people seem all allowing the movie guys to use elements from the tv series, so it'll depend on how the movie directors want to take things.

10. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    The article I was reading on it dealt with a question to Berlanti about there being a concern for two versions of the character being used at the same time and the response was that there didn't seem to be a problem with that happening. Which to me indicates these are separate. And given that it's only the people involved in casting Arrow that are involved in casting the actor I can't see that being the case if this was also the person to be playing him on the big screen where there are a myriad if other concerns in casting.

11. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, we have our Flash - Grant Gustin

Interesting casting, and I can't wait to see his take on the character.

12. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
  13. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

wb is big on charlie hunnam for flash. now imo as a fan of soa to me he screams green arrow.

i think for barry they need someone in there early 30's and im fine with a unknown

i think and not 100% sure that arrow has nothing do do with jla or even tieing into man of steel or the upcoming batman vs superman film.

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I like how you took the name of an utterly mediocre show and made it Star Warsy.

Arrow's worked off not having super powers, so I'd be interested to see how they make this one work.

16. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Too bad Hunnam's doing the 50 Shades of Gray movies.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    They finally decided to upgrade to a new power level, did they?

19. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

also word going around is a batman villain will be in arrow. i believe its episode 5 with a neat title

demons head

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

i wouldnt know anything about that book but from what i can tell from responses by people who have read it ( women) there mixed on that casting

but to me hed be the perfect green arrow if dc ever decided not to cross the tv version with the movie version. i like amel but im thinking of it from a point of what would wb and dc do.

would they pull a marvel and have 2 green arrows just like how fox and marvel are both using quicksilver with 2 entirley different actors?

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    What makes you think he'd be the perfect Green Arrow? What exactly about his constant brooding, lack of sarcastic quips, constant slow walking, lack of emotional display makes you think he's perfect for Green Arrow?

25. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

watch sons of anarchy and find out my friend. people think that show is just about gangs drugs and illegal guns but they never look at it from the emotional side of it plus how it focuses on the biker gang being more of a family and to me thats where hunnam really sells himself great as an actor.

you have a guy who was born and raised to a father that started the sons and later was killed ( wont say more do to spoilers) and in the season one premier he has a son with this junkie ex wife fast forward to many seasons later and during them he seems conflicted where does he want to still be the president of that club or does he want to leave that life with his new wife and kids and move away from where he grew up.

last weeks first episode for season 6 showed a kid using a gun in a school and tonight as it was previewed we later find out that gun is linked to the order jax ( hunnam) and his club gave a group and his goal from season 5 is to move away from gun running. in the start of that season 6 first episode jax is writting in a journal to his young kids about all the mistakes he has made and saying he basicly dosent want them to follow the path he took by joining the life as a outlaw biker. despite all the things jax does in the show there is that moment where he takes a step back and reflects and second guesses himself. i see that alot in oliver queen and in a way stephen amel already does that currently.

sorry for rammbling i love the show and im trying to avoid major spoilers in case people havent seen the show or are just considering it so if it sounds confusing thats why