main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Episode VII without any kind of "Empire"--

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Praetorianer, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Praetorianer

Praetorianer Jedi Padawan

Jul 30, 2013
    Hello and greetings from Germany,

i am new here and hope of a good time - sorry my english is not the best.

For me the most important question is, will there be a kind of Stormtroopers and Tie Fighters in Episode VII

It is hard to believe that there will be new Films without them...

What do you think?

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If Ep 7 is 30 years after, I wouldn't expect to see TIEs. Those things were flimsy death traps even when they were brand new, so I doubt any survived for 3 decades. They've probably been replaced by newer designs. Hopefully, the new ones will look like they were developed from the better TIEs, like the interceptor.

Stormtroopers? I expect the classic armor has gone the way of the TIE, but all SW movies have hordes of faceless minion soldiers. There ought to be someone to fill that role.

Your English is fine. Just do your best and if we can't understand you we'll ask you. You'll probably discover some other Germans here who can help if you need it; I know we have a few.

3. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I think there would be some of the old designs.
    I mean, the Falcon already existed in EP III and would be a very old Girl in VII.
    The Y-Wings are relicts from the Clone Wars and still in use during the dark times.
    Oldie but Goldie.

so...

im from Germany too! ;)

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    TPM, AOTC, and ROTS didn't have Stormtroopers or TIEs.

5. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Well, I hope we see original Stormtroopers and TIEs etc, it will present the viewers with the feel of the Original Trilogy again.
    I think it would be interesting to see what they do with the Empire in VII I think that the Empire may still exist, but it will likely be crippled. I think that they will get more of a back seat role with a new villain. I think it would be interesting to see the Empire join up with the "New Republic" to deal with a new antagonist faction.
    I am pretty certain we will see Imperial Star Destroyers.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  6. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Awesome!

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want the story/plot to be sacrificed for Original Trilogy nostalgia.

8. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Neither do I, and KK already stated it will be more focused on Story, but its also suggested they are going to try and emulate the feel of the OT. I think it is possible to have an excellent story while creating nostalgia to the OT. Having the original visual elements such as the Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers won't compromise the story.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure if the Empire will still be around in the ST but I want to see stormtroopers, tie-fighters, star destroyers etc.

10. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I think the Stormtrooper armour, Tie Fighter, Star Destroyer and other ship designs - apart from the Falcon - will have evolved somewhat. I can imagine seeing an old Stormtrooper helmet and body armour in a junk shop or on a scrapheap somewhere in the background of a scene as a nod to the original designs. Perhaps we might even see a derelict star destroyer somewhere, perhaps still in orbit around a planet 30 years after the end of RoTJ. There was a scene in TCW similar to that in which burned-out, derelict ships from a space battle were floating around in ghostly orbit long after the battle.

11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i am convincved there will be some form of remnant of the Empire, at least to try and lure back the fans who found the PT unsatisfactory. I will be sad if some form of Stormtrooper of Tie Fighter dont apper. For me as a loyal sagaist, I would like to see them as I feel, even thirty years after they lost a major conflict the ideals would still remain. I have often wondered when Vader killed the sepratist leaders did the individual Trade Federation, banking clans and Commerce guilds all still exist and be as destructive as ever - I am sure they must have been as even the Sith would need the cash to make the operation work and they must have continued being fully fledged parts of the Empire and therefore would still exist.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if the galaxy was "de-imperialized" following ROTJ just like Europe and Germany were "de-Nazi-ized" following WWII.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AOTC and ROTS had stormtroopers/clones and star destroyers, and the Jedi and clone fighters were a pre-cursor to both TIE's and X-wings.

Immortiss and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    As much as I want to see Stormtroopers again, I highly doubt we'll see them or TIEs in Episode VII; we may get some variation of them. Having said that, I know we haven't seen the last of them. We do have Star Wars: Rebels, books, video games, and not to mention spin off movies.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    When there is a space battle I would love to see a Tie-Fighter or variant in the background. Give us that!

16. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i just want to hear one Tie Fighter scream in a cinema again.....once and id be happy

Immortiss, Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Would the OT returning to theaters make you happy?

18. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    only as a precusor to the 2015 release (as will surely happen) but the scream would be very different coming from a different perspective and in another time. we may get a new design, but the sound would be what i wanted to hear

19. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I'm sure we'll see starfighters with those funky sideways or bent wings and octagonal windshields that make a screaming sound as they fly. I'm reasonably sure that whatever political body in power will employ soldiers more-than-reminiscent to the design of stormtroopers or clones. However, in terms of actual TIE fighters and the like, whatever remains of the Galactic Empire will be rusted or in ruins by the time of Episode VII.

I am holding out hope to see an Imperial Star Destroyer return in some form, preferably in spaceworthy shape, and at the command of somebody unsavory but not evil. But in speculative terms, the more specific the wish, the less likely it will come true. So I'm not holding out TOO MUCH hope.

...would still be cool though

20. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes but look what happened to Germany right after the war. East and west Germany splitting down the middle!? A new Cold War begins.
    Star Wars does like to take influence from history an legends. I wonder if it shall do this again?

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Neither East nor West Germany used Nazi stuff.

22. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Wouldn't the New Republic take the ships left by the Empire and make them their own? I could see Star Destroyers in the hands of Jedi or something. Why scrap the ships?

JStepp likes this.
  23. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    3 decades is not a long time. Many militaries in the world use tech that is 30-40 years old. Just think of what happened after the Soviet Union fell.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Because they are symbols of evil.

KenW and Sarge like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's truth. I know. Just a couple months before I retired in 2009, I was flying missions in Iraq in C-130s that were built in 1963. But the 130 is legendary for being tough, solid, and reliable, and it's supposed to avoid getting shot at. The TIE is legendary for blowing up if you look at it too hard, and it's supposed to go into combat and get shot at all the time. I doubt there are more than a few left after 3 decades of flight operations. While it is possible we'll see some obsolete TIEs flown by desperate people who can't get their hands on decent ships, I'm betting we won't see any in Ep 7.

Immortiss likes this.