main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Adult Swim is Cartoon Network. It's the same channel. Cartoon Network changes to Adult Swim from 9pm to 6am which is when it then reverts back to being CN. If Disney really wanted to continue the relationship that Lucasfilm had with Warner they would have negotiated the airing rights for season 6 to be on CN. You can guarantee that the bonus content will not air on a channel that is a rival to Disney.

2. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Well two fan favorites getting a comic together. Not hard to see why.

Kinda tragic that Ahsoka is just gonna keep on being a "not-Jedi" instead of getting a real job. Audible sigh, looks like she'll become a "badass" outlaw just like Ventress.

3. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    I always liked to think of Jar Jar as the one constant in all of Star Wars, the one thing we can all agree is just terrible. But now, as it turns out, people actually like Jar Jar. So now what are we supposed to blame all the evil in the world on?

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Wonder how she got her lightsabers back. She lost both of them in the last episodes of season 5, and i don't remember them being found and returned to her when she left the order.

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It's a design an artist did for posters. Not an actual comic that's coming out.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought that was fan-made?

Ahsoka will never be in the same league as Ventress. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    ...That's slightly worse. Don't tease people!

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... I got to say its kind of interesting Toonami is apologizing for skipping episodes. Adult Swim's Toonami has been pretty fan oriented just like the original block. Its kinda sad to see it stated Toonami may not be around in a year. The block has virtually no budget which I imagine is why they are raiding CN's vaults instead of grabbing another anime to throw on. I bet that at the moment Cartoon Network still has rights to rerun 1-5. Skipping episodes makes since if its a rushed airing. The rights could be lost at any moment and its just as likely TCW on Toonami is temporary until they get the budget to licence another anime. They might also be straight up lieing since Toonami has some Bleach and Naruto filler episodes coming, the later was one of the old blocks killers. I'm going to be really interested to see what happens. I am tempted to contact Jason DeMarco to make sure "The Deserter" is not considered to Kiddie.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If they're going to make Ahsoka look old enough to sexualize her that much they really need to make her face look older too... [face_plain]

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    That was fan made so it really doesn't matter.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Even if it were real isn't that how Marvel draws their women?

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This reminds me of the Hawkeye Initiative. (semi-NSFW, but Marvel/DC had it coming...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Curses, now every time I see Black Cat I will think of Hawkeye!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd say so. I'm pretty sure there should be some snapped spines there. =b

15. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    @Barriss_Coffee
    Ew, why'd some smug little artist have to take that from me?

Anyway, serious question: Which executive behind this series thought anyone would want an arc about Ahsoka playing Babysitter or Droids on a mission?

16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Lucas of course.

Mzukiller likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I couldn't be sure. I think I've heard before initial episode ideas are from Lucas. The droid arc supposedly was something taken from one of his old portfolios. The Young Jedi arc was once said to have been created as the pilot for a spinoff IIRC. It ended up being run in place of the Clovis arc. I've though before its a sign.

18. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    My little sister absolutely LOVED the Young Jedi arc...
    She's 10, though, so I suppose she "doesn't count."

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I imagine 10 year old little sisters count. The thought process behind creating kid Jedi is probably similar to that which leads to kid Power Rangers like Justin and Raf in Transformers Prime.

20. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    She also really enjoyed that Ahsoka was getting more responsibility and getting to lead the "little ones."

Her other favorite was the "spy one with Clovis and Padme."

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally found Ahsoka's greater maturity a little jarring in the "Young Jedi" arc. It just feels so sudden. I guess she matured a big in the Onderon arc when she got over Lux but it still feels like there is something missing between 4 and 5. its understandable the Fugitive arc would knock her down a peg with her arrogance and when she panics.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    There aren't any little kids in my daily life, so I can't gauge how they would see such episodes. But I would think that the younger audiences, on average, would have more patience for miscellaneous adventures and be able to enjoy the ride, while older Star Wars fans are more anxious about seeing really important plot points and have less patience for "wasting" a week with unknown characters' shenanigans.

Mzukiller and Random Comments like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My kids still haven't seen that arc. Today might be a good time for a watch though.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I know my niece got bored with the Young Jedi arc despite loving Ahsoka.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The end of S3, the Padawan Lost duology, was a huge maturing point for her. Also one of the beat arcs of the series on a number of levels.