main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]
    As Lee_ requested.

GL has shown that he doesn't care about canon outside the movies.

HegoDamask and Lee_ like this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks soooo much.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    No problem Lee.

4. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    Or he can kill the OT3 slowly, and in different scenes. He could start with Luke, by cutting off his good hand while "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" is playing really loudly, and there is no audible dialogue but you can see the villain really gloating over Luke as he does it. Then you could have the villain become the cause of Han and Leia's divorce. Han would try to remarry, but of course, something bad would happen to him at his wedding, and Leia would be so grief stricken she would lose the will to live. ...NVM on that last part.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    No "Rains of Castamere" thats the official "Mass Slaughter Song". Then throw in the new lead *I'm just assuming its female now* going insane with a desire for revenge, becomes an assasin and spends the next couple films mercilessly hunting down every person associated with that villain and we're all left wondering "OMG will she turn to the dark side". Then at the epic fight between the hero and the villain...they both kill eachother. Roll credits.

Dra--- and Aegon Starcaster like this.
  6. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    Should we just call her Dark Lady Stoneheart?
    What about a female lead who worships the force, and will blindly screw anyone over in order to fulfill what she thinks the force wants her to do?
    Or maybe a female lead with her head in the clouds, dreaming of true jedi knights. She of course, goes off to Coruscant to get involved in politics, and
    ends up being used by everyone on the planet.
    Or, a big burly jedi woman who can kick even Luke's butt, but she's super honorable, so Luke would have to be up to no good for her to actually do that....

I could keep going on and on with what the female lead could be like.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That's one of many things that made Serenity great. After that "leaf on the wind" scene, the tension during the battle with the Reavers was pretty epic, since there was genuine doubt as to whether all the Big Damn Heroes would survive.

Dra--- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Right. Canon is a joke, because Lucas never honored it from the get-go. I could comb the EU and I would find at least fifty contradictions - dating way back to the Marvel comics. Because of that, none of it really matters to me; except for a few books and comics - mainly because I liked them at the time before the PT release. The movies and the TV shows are all I count; but that's just me, mind you.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    About The Force's significance in the movies, Palpatine didn't seem to care for the Death Stars too much. He seemed to know that what was going on inside his throne room mattered while what was going on outside it didn't. Death Star gets destroyed? Hop on a shuttle!

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what people like Leland Chee are employed for- to make as much sense of it as possible.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'm not so sure. He spent a lot of credits on the projects and sounded quite proud when he informed Luke that the battle station was armed and operational.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    He doesn't seem to care about credits either. Bragging to Luke? Had to get Luke to the Dark Side!

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes sure, but didn't you notice an undertone of pride in his declaration? I thought I did.

For what its worth, he did not seem to be averse to using machines and apparently believed in their power. He outfitted the imperial military with lots of them and even his pupil was half machine.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Palpating used all resources available to him like any competent villain would. That hardly proves thatched force is not intricate and a major emphasis to Star Wars as a whole. It could be trithfully said that the force is what provides the franchise with all of its uniqueness. With that in mind or seems a bit silly to be annoyed that people are hoping and speculating on a large piece of the franchise that is the very center of its entire mythos. Give me the force and give me a villain that has some impact on the force. Anything less would be disappointing to me. Thisiswhy I am insanely against a mandalorian invasion as the sole or even just main villain. At least the a continuation of the numerical series.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Because the Rebellion was about to commit suicide!

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Maybe we're just burnt because the EU (in parts) and the PT have shoved the force and Jedi-heroics down the audiences throat. There comes a point when even over the top lightsaber duels or martyr deaths in which the Jedi fully immerse themselves into the force become ... boring. That's why you will find many wish for more balance between the force and the "mundane" aspects of Star Wars. The force is sure important but I personally have no fear that it will ever be shoved to the sidelines (because, as you said, it is heavily associated with Star Wars). But there is a danger that the Jedi and the force lose their "specialness" when they are shown too often.

What would the OT be without characters like Lando and Han? Probably a far less interesting set of movies.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Which might be why Zahn's latest book- Scoundrels- is a Lando & Han book with no Jedi in it.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Keep in mind an overwhelmingly significant portion of the audience will have not read all of those books. Either way I still stand by what I said. The force should be intricate portion of the continuation of a series that already lifted it up in such significance. I'm not calling for thousands of sith and jedi. That is not required to have a big emphasis on the force.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Save the armies of Jedi and Sith for the Spin-off movies set thousands of years before the Saga.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ...or never. ;)

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It'll happen Darth Chiznuk. It'll happen.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Probably. I just don't like the idea but as long as they keep it away from the ST at least I can deal with it.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. The only time in the first 6 movies that we see an army of Jedi waging war on someone is the CIS in AOTC. Lame! They could do so much better in that regard.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    @ Fleab88
    And I don't disagree about that. The force should play an important part. As long as there are also other important parts besides the force and the Jedi. That's why I would like to see two main antagonists. One who is a badass without the force and one who is a darksider.

The PT was already too much force focus for me. Jedi and lightsaber everywhere. Aside from Padmé, all the mundane ones were insignificant for the story. Side characters at best.

And why did I suggest a non-force user as primary antagonist? Because I think this kind of role reversal could be interesting.

Aegon Starcaster and Dra--- like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Can't agree with you there. I love that scene. It's not really the Jedi or Sith in battle that bothers me it's just that I like the uniqueness of the Sith characters and the lightsabers duels. I have no interest in seeing the two sides bludgeon each other in a huge battle.

Lee_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.