main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Worst Possible Shippings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by darth fluffy, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Anyone/OC-that-is-a-self-insert.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I often wonder how a person would know if a character is the author's self insert or not...unless the author said the character is based on himself.

3. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

Sometimes you can tell if the character is an OC and the canon character is really OOC. Like the Muggle Born Witch that Voldemort is attracted to and he doesn't care that she is a, pardon my language, Mudblood.

VanishingReality likes this.
  4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    But that's just proof that the character is a Mary Sue, not necessarily that they're an insert. An insert can be well done, whereas a Mary Sue is always going to be cause for eye-rolling. And pairing up a character with an OC isn't always a bad thing, even if it is a self-insert, though that's certainly harder to manage. I'd say my hated pairing would be more Anyone/Mary Sue (or Gary Stu).

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

I could go with that!

6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Just came across a Luke/Vader fic on FFN. Thank goodness the summary was sufficiently informative, because... [face_sick]

7. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    I read a story that had Han/Luke, Han/Vader, Han/General Madine and I think Han/Leia. Han was basically captured by Vader and made into a pleasure slave. Luke went Dark and was working with Vader. Madine never really became a rebel, but he was a double agent for Vader. Leia was captured and it looked like she was turning to the darkside, but she was just faking it and she ended up trying to save Han. At that point the author disappeared and never finished the story. Han/Luke bothered me a lot. It was the ultimate betrayal.

8. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Han/Luke doesn't bother me so much (though it's not my bag), but in that particular context it probably would.

9. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    Yeah, it was not anything romantic. Oh yeah there was also a Han/Whiphid pairing. :( I don't think the author liked Han. [face_worried]

10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Wow. That's...that's not right. [face_laugh]

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    By American or European standard?

12. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    I was curious as to what's the European standard? In the USA the federal age of consent is 18, but that only applies if you are crossing state lines or meeting girls on the internet. Each state has a different age of consent, the youngest being 14 in places like Hawaii and Idaho. You have to know these rules if you decide to do sexting over the internet. I am Carlos Danger...I have to know these things. :p j/k

Seriously, there was this guy from England (I think that was the country) and he met a sixteen year old girl over the internet and flew to the states to meet up with her and have sex. The legal age of consent in the state was sixteen and the legal age of consent in his country was sixteen, but because he crossed state lines and met the girl online the age of consent was now 18. They guy went to jail for something he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for if he was on vacation in the states, met the girl on the street and decided to make out. The US has weird laws.

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    It's crazier than that Carlos Danger in the States. The legal age of consent is 16 in some states, but only if the partner is not over the age of 18, or is some states, over the age of 21. Crazy!!! Doesn't always even have to do with crossing state lines.

Carlos Danger likes this.
  14. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    This isn't a ship that I've actually seen, but it appeared in some stupid dream I had last night, so I have to share it.

Nute Gunray/Mara Jade

Don't ask me how it worked, the fic it appeared in was stupid.

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    A good way to avoid any problems is to only have sex with adults. Just sayin'.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You know what? I feel like elaborating a bit more on that weird dream-fic that spawned the Nute Gunray/Mara Jade pairing.

From what little I remember, the fic was called "The New Empire," and Nute Gunray was a raging hypochondriac who wanted to hook up with Mara Jade. The plot revolved around his neurotic complaints and his attempts to impress Mara. There was a Hutt named Taffy, but her role was unknown and she was always identified as Taffy Daz Hutt.

That's all I can remember from some fic in which the prose was indecipherable, there were typos abound, and for some reason, in that dream, my mom was busily binding that fic into a book. She asked me my honest opinion on it, as I was editing it, and I responded with "bleeeeeeeeeeech."

Stupid dream. Weird ship. I kind of want this fic to exist so I can read it, though.

Ordo N-11 and THE EVIL CLIFFIE like this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_sick] LOL, that is one weird dream. That post should be in the "You know you are a fanfiction writer when".....you dream of a Nute Gunray/Mara Jade shipfic.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    XD

Time to copy/paste! :D

19. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008

That sounds like it'd be simultaneously the most disturbing and awesome dream ever. Not for the weird ship, but solely for 'Taffy Daz Hutt'.

Ordo N-11, Admiral Volshe and TrakNar like this.
  20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Saw a Batman/Joker one once. Have only watched one CARTOON Batman movie will NEVER again watch another one made after a certain point.

Besides I am pretty sure I'd have to buy more bleach just to clean my brain from not just the ship but whatever else might be in there. Add to the fact that Pooh is pretty flat from twenty-three years for squeezing and my parents would be distressed if they learned I had a knife acessable from my bed.

Sent from my PADD using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess." Han Solo - Dark Angel

21. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    My OTP may or may not be one of the pairings mentioned. [face_plain]

22. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    Can I get a link to that story?

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Sure. I checked and it is on this site but it is affected by the truncation issue. You can find it https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7716653/1/Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For]Here[/url]

24. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    HK-47/T3-M4

Actually, it could work if bleep-bloop could be considered "feminine programming."

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hate it when you make me look things up on Wookiepedia. Yeah, that is a creepy 'ship. Not only would one of the droids need to get gender reassignment, but look at the construction of the two droids. One is bipedal and the other looks like a droid dog making a relationship reek with connotations of robotic bestiality. [face_shame_on_you]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.