main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What up y'all. DLT back in full effect, or something like that. I randomly stopped posting because I started a YouTube show, but I feel like it's pretty well on its feet and I don't feel the same time pressure as I did before so I'm back. I won't be here as much as before since it's still very time consuming...and TCW is over...but I'm back. If anyone happens to be interested, I'm proud to say after only a few months at it and no money for paid advertising I'm over 1,600 views right now. The show is all about Pennsylvania state politics and is from a left-wing perspective. I know there are some people interested in politics here; if you remember Keith Olbermann hopefully you remember his Worst Persons in the World segment, I do a homage to that called the Worst Pennsylvanians of the Week that allows for a bit of comedy. http://counterpointpa.org/

Also I can't believe I posted that without mentioning that I really couldn't have started the show without a ton of logistical help in various areas from none other than our own Seerow.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Aww, you didn't have to give me credit. Glad to have you back Dark Lord Tarkas.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I would watch but I'm afraid most of it would go over my head. Nice to see you again, though.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks. :D

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey DLT. Looks like you've put a lot of work into your site. I love the background music in the Worst Pennsylvanians segment. XD Keep up the good work. I'll probably watch a good amount, since I'm more often liberal than not.[face_flag]

But back on the subject of local commercials, here's a spectacularly horrendous local ad that they usually play in the theaters around here during lull time between movies, but rarely on TV.

6. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Would boycott.

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This video of a guy doing some "Jedi freerunning" in Tatooine Utah's Goblin Valley is pretty cool:

Don't try this at home!

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My dog ate an SOS pad, & had more blue on his face than Braveheart...

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ha, priceless! Oh the horrible **** my dogs have eaten over the years, including actual ****. :p

My moment of hilarity today came from a Sony warranty doc. I got a new pair of headphones, and decided to check out the warranty info when I came across this gem-

"[limited warranty] does not cover product issues caused by any other reason, including but not limited to product issues due to commercial use, acts of God, misuse...."

I can just see the excuses they've heard regarding broken products that warranted that specific part of the clause. XD

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Dude. My homeowner's ins pulled that crap on me, they blamed G-d when it was the power co's fault. Jerks.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Those guys definitely need to be called upon to play future SW film extras.

Even if they're not as good as the Star Wars Kid.

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The internet was more awesome then.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the first X-Men. I don't know why everyone said Origins was terrible, I thought it was really good, and X-Men was alright. The first fight scene at the start when Wade used his swords to deflect all of those bullets was insane! I didn't like how they turned Wade into Weapon XI, because it was so weird and it would've been better if he's still been a good guy that was working with Wolverine.

Wow... Just as I was typing this I found out that Wade becomes Deadpool! I'm guessing most people already know that, but it's surprising. I just don't see how he could turn into a hero after what he became.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I also just watched Now You See Me, and it was way better than I expected it to be. Great storyline with a huge shock at the end, and Mark Ruffalo was great, he's an awesome actor. I'd give it an 8/10.

Here's an updated list of my movie ratings so far this year:

1. Furious 6 - 10
    2. G.I. Joe: Retaliation - 9.5
    3. Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9
    4. The Wolverine - 8.5
    5. Gangster Squad - 8.5
    6. Olympus Has Fallen - 8
    7. Now You See Me - 8
    8. Iron Man 3 - 7.5
    9. The Lone Ranger - 7.5
    10. Pacific Rim - 7
    11. Oblivion - 7
    12. Oz the Great and Powerful - 7
    13. The Internship - 7
    14. Zero Dark Thirty - 6.5
    15. The Hangover Part III - 6
    16. The Impossible - 6
    17. Scary Movie 5 - 6
    18. 21 & Over - 6
    19. This Is the End - 1

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I too liked Gangster Squad. It was like LA Noire: the movie.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, the new Star Trek was killer. (The only one on that list I've seen.) I'm psyched (not as psyched as for TCW, but still psyched) for the new Thor movie this year. I loved how there was a ton of the story in Asgard in the first one and I hope it's like that again.

17. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

The director's Alan Taylor from Game of Thrones, and that alone has me excited for Thor: The Dark World.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Thor 2 looks great. But then again, I always like the MCU films. :p

July alone I saw 4 movies in the theater.

The Way Way Back- A nice little film (filmed in the town right next to me to boot!) The lead actor was great, as was Sam Rockwell. It was interesting seeing Steve Carell playing such an unlikable character too.
    Pacific Rim- ****ing awesome film. The leads were decent, but the supporting cast really stole the show, especially Charlie Day and Idris Elba. And it looked amazing. Del Toro did not disappoint with his premise of giant mecha fighting Cthulhu-esque monsters. Definitely my favorite movie this year so far. :D
    The Conjuring- Pretty decent horror flick. Nothing amazing, but it didn't suck either.
    The Wolverine- Pretty good. A lot better than Origins, but it felt short. I'd almost say the mid-credits teaser was the best part of the entire movie. But there were some really good action parts as well.
    42- Saw this On Demand. Harrison Ford was great, easily the best performance he's given in over 20 years. The guy playing Robinson was good too. The script was good, lots of good humor as well as good portrayals of racism at the time.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Agents in New York have received my manuscript! Fingers crossed!

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Good luck Akash!:)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

Thank you Barriss!

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, the new Thor movie looks great! I can't wait to see Thor and Loki working together, but something tells me that won't work out too well.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    If the film ended in them brohugging and air-fiving..... I fear I will be forced to refrain from ever venturing on Marvel-related message boards again. The Thoki shipping is bad enough as it is......................
    [​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    They released a massive and dark spoiler, I was surprised they did so.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks for not revealing it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.