main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation It's Officially Unofficial!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Echo-07, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Joe Antonetti likes this.
  2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I still think she would be great in VII. However, that casting call (which is fair game in 7NSA. I checked) doesn't have a particular role for her.

3. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, if they hold fast to the age range, which I think they will, or at least intend. Chloe is still in her teens, right?

4. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    She's 16, which I didn't realize. So, both of the teenage girls could go to her.

5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I haven't seen the casting in a while but I thought they were going for 20's on the males and females. Maybe it was just the males then?

6. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    IIRC, there was a role for a teenage girl. The males were the late 20-somethings.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Mortez gets cast does that mean that the non-spoiler sanctity of this forum has been breached? I have beheld spoilers! Ahhh, my eyes! *tears out eyes*

FOLLOW UP EDIT: Can't type! No eyes!

8. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Nah, this ain't spoilers. This is just 'I'd like to do it'.

Immortiss and stormcloud8 like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I don't know! That's why I'm afraid and decided to tear out my eyes just to be safe! ahhhhh!! I've made a huge mistake!

10. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Its not. This isn't even a rumor. This is her saying she'd be cool with it.

11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, I guess it depends on whether the girl is a Solo or a Skywalker as to whether Moretz would be cast or not. IE blonde vs brunette. LOL :p

12. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    She could dye...

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, true! IMO Moretz stole KA1. I expect her to be pretty badass in 2 as well.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think she would do quite well as a potential main female protagonist.

15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    IMHO I wouldn't want her as a Solo or Skywalker. To me she doesn't "click" as either.
    I would be fine with her as a different character though. I think she would do well.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I still want Summer Glau though as a Solo daughter.

17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would have a hard time with Summer because every time I see her in anything anymore, I can only see her as River...

Sarge and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind Chloe Moretz in the least. However, they may be looking for someone a tad bit older as the casting call calls for two females in their late teens. She would definitely be a good choice though as she's proven she can handle action very well and is a very talented actress.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Is revealing an actor or actress in the film considered a spoiler regardless if we don't reveal which character they'll play?

20. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Only if it's leaked. If it's official, it's not a spoiler.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Gotcha.

22. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I don't trust latino post, plus studios try to avoid using minors

23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind Chloe Moretz but with much longer hair. [face_whistling]

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    "Seventy-fi..." that's a good one, bro.

I honestly don't want to be a downer here, guys (and Echo, please don't take this as a personal attack - you just happened to be the one to bring it up), but here's what I remember concerning Chloe: A one-liner quip regarding Matthew Vaughn's desire to see Episode VII feature a female lead, a role he reportedly talked up Chloe Moretz for, followed by a small handful of vocal folks (maybe the same two or three people? I remember one in particular) posting on this forum again and again (and again and again) how she would be "perfect" for a role in SW. It honestly got to the point where participating in those first few casting threads back in November became a bit of a drag, as nearly every page had posts which were authored by those same few people, posting picture after picture and generally shoving it down everybody's throat that Moretz is the actual Chosen One. Most people were pretty much like "Yeah, I wouldn't mind her."

I mean, I even remember a mod telling these posters to cool it. It was honestly pretty lame to be spammed like that, every other post, by the same members, and I just hope we aren't in for round two now, just because Moretz says she'd love to have a role. I mean, what actor in Hollywood wouldn't say the very same thing at this point? Talk about a potential career boost! But that's not exactly news, you know.

75%? I know you weren't being literal, Echo, but I can't remember the last time 75% of the fan base agreed on anything here. It only felt like 75% of the folks here were calling for Chloe because 75% of the posts at the time (generated by < 1% of the forum's members) were about her.

edit: Oh, and as to the question of Chloe in SW? Eh, I'm not sold on her (she's never exactly floored me with her talents), but I think we could probably do a lot worse. I can't see myself either looking forward to seeing her, or thinking it would be a terrible choice. In a perfect world, we'd have talent with top-notch, A+ chops cast in the films. Give me a spin-off featuring Daniel Day Lewis in the role of, I don't know, the first-ever Jedi, and then ask me if I'm excited. :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  25. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Daniel Day-Lewis? That's an idea... [face_thinking]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.