main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Darth_Pevra. Agree to disagree on the villain portion I would personally find it really dull. I understand your opinion though. What was odd was your annoyance of other people wanting a villain focused on the force.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would prefer an out in the open threat consisting of a small "Apocalypse and his four horsemen" group of Sith than just the simple "two Sith waiting in the shadows to take over again" idea. And to add to that, two or three other factions wanting to take over the Galaxy, too. This would make the most sense and create the most suspense, as opposed to just dealing with only one evil menace.

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You should be a script consultant.

@DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR:

I was thinking of something similar with Sith like a new organization designed to keep them organized like the Rule of Two. Maybe a Triumvirate or something similar. Three or four Sith, maybe one of them non-Sith, agree to divide the galaxy up together. Whether that agreement lasts or not would be fun to see.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like this idea a lot.

Dra--- and Darth Archimage like this.
  5. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I concur!
    Watching 3 or 4 villains or group of villains fighting against each other for supremacy, while the "Goodies" try to decide which one is the biggest threat would be fun to see. It would also give us the opportunity to see potentially multiple new iconic villains. One could be "Force"ful like Palpatine, another Cunning, like Thrawn, and a third, a physically strong and powerful leader with the backing of an army, possibly Mandalorians).

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Post Vizsla

Jedi Comedian and Darth_Pevra like this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes. Palpatine was essentially a materialist.
    Agreed. Luke didn't even know what the Force was until Obi-Wan explained it to him...and us. Han is worldly, but doubts these 'superstitions'. Tarkin believes that Vader is the last of his kind. The Force is the essence of SW, but the ordinary is how the audience relates to the fantasy. I can easily see the ST writers noting this aspect of the OT. Critics have suggested that the Jedi are actually boring. I don't agree, but less has proved more in some instances.

Darth_Pevra and Jedirush2112 like this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Individual Jedi and Sith > Armies of Jedi and Sith in my opinion.

Darth_Pevra and VanishingReality like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can picture the main Sith taking precautions this time to avoid his apprentices from betraying him; maybe implanting a coded slave device of some sort (much like what Anakin had in him) that would ensure there are no betrayals. It would be almost like having four Vaders, with the dependence of electronics once again playing a role of ensuring loyalty.

Krueger and Dra--- like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Interesting...

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like the idea of a new Force group being introduced in the ST since in the OT we're introduced to the Jedi then in the PT we're introduced to the Sith (I know the Sith are in the OT too but they aren't explained until the PT.) A being on a whole different level of power then both Jedi and Sith really intrigues me. I had a thought that perhaps the Whills were the ones to teach the early Jedi about the Force but one of them went evil and corrupted some of the Jedi. That probably sounds awful but it's late and I'm just trying to think of new ideas. :p

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Or was always evil. A Whill Not / Whont!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps he/she was always evil sure. I just like the idea of the ST giving us a new angle on the Force and Force users rather than one we've already seen and since it was a Whill who taught Qui-Gon the ability to Force ghost then they must be quite powerful. I say expand our knowledge of the Force don't just feed us what we already know.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I couldn't agree more! We think alike!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I've kind of been thinking about something that may or may not be along the same lines. Maybe a new group of force users who's sole purpose is to neutralize the force -- to keep things in balance. Though I'm not exactly sure what this means or how it would work yet. :(

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Hmmm, that could be interesting as well. [face_thinking] Not sure how it would work either though. Honestly, I'm not sure how my idea would work either. When I thought of it I just imagined a Lord of the Rings style storyline where this character has a huge army at his disposal ready to unleash on the galaxy. But I don't know why he would wait so long to do it. Thankfully I'm not writing the script so I can just throw out ideas without the need to explain it. :p

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    She/he was counting on the Sith, but the Sith died out at the end of ROTJ.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That could work but I'd rather not have the Sith be subserviant to this foe (not saying that that is what you're suggesting just that it could come off that way.) However, perhaps the Sith knew about the threat and were trying to keep it at bay with all their might.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When you said "corrupted some of the Jedi" I thought by "some of the Jedi" you meant the very first Sith.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I did but I think at some point the Sith would have become their own organization independent from this foe like the Jedi would have become independent of the Whills. However, just as Qui-Gon had information about the good Whills Palpatine could have information about the evil one and knows that he/she is a threat to his regime. I don't know I'm just making stuff up off the top of my head now. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    How about if there is no Baddie! Just someone that may turn bad towards the end of the film. Kinda like Anakin in Episode III but without Lord Sidious. Someone discovering the dark side on their own.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or someone who is so "good" that their plan to make things better becomes a detriment to everyone's safety. Sometimes that device can work if scripted very intelligently.

El_Machete12, Jedirush2112 and Dra--- like this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Sharp observation. It's hard to say whether all Sith are this way, but Palpatine used the force for material interests. Power, longevity, and he loved tech just as much, or almost as much, as the force itself, which he probably also viewed as a purely material substance.

24. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Lets not forget those pesty Little Pirates! We need Pirates in this movie.Pirates and Gansters. Many of them! With the empire out of the picture it left the galaxy wide open for all these group to take over. I think Luke and what ever Jedi he might have recruited in 30 sum years would have a pretty difficult time keeping all these different parties in line.

:cool:

25. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Also individual Sith > individual Jedi.

The villains should hold a large threat, but the threat should be owed to their ingenuity and intellect instead of just their strength, and placed in situations that are perilous for them, where they could easily make mistakes. That is how the Sith order has evolved up to the point of Plagueis and Sidious.

Swtor's Sith and Jedi armies were interesting to show the dynamic of the Jedi and Sith if they were a large society that's ultimately doomed to failure.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.