main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Now originally her fate was that she remained a jedi and was blow to smitheroons by a Republic walker because of Order 66.

However because the TCW writers had the brilliant plan in changing canon......again, she has become a dark jedi and then later captured at the end of TCW. This could allow her to return in Rebels.

Perhaps during Order 66 she was able to escape somehow. If that was the case she could appear on the show as a rouge darksider, or maybe she could be set on the path of redemption instead and regain who she was.

Another possibly is that maybe Palpatine would find some use for her, and then in Rebels she could be a dark jedi working for the Empire.

Though just because she had her fate changed, doesn't mean she is still alive during the dark times era. After all, she could have been executed before the end of the Clone Wars for her crimes. Or if she is still alive at the time of Order 66, instead of surviving, she was murdered in her cell by clones.

What do you think? Is it a good idea for Barriss to return in Rebels? If you think so, how do you believe it should be done?

Or do you not want her to return at all in Rebels?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I definately am curious about her post-Order 66 fate. EU be damned!

V-2 likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Palpatine might try and recruit her as a Hand.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Disregarding canon here, I don't see what purpose it would serve. I get the feeling Rebels is going for a different "feel" than The Clone Wars, and as a result it's going to be a different show. While I have no doubt there will be some links to TCW, it's role is not to carry over every single character that could be considered to constitute a loose end.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Don't want that

cwustudent likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't want any "Emperor's Hands" and enough damage has been done to Barriss' character already. So, no.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The way I see it, as much as I'd like to see Barriss again, I think her story, if not her fate, has been concluded in a sense by TCW. My assumption is that she was executed (off-screen, but hopefully elaborated in some future comic or novel), so I don't find it likely that she'll show up in Rebels. So I chose "I don't know". But if she does show up, then I suppose it is possible that she becomes an Emperor's Hand. Or perhaps she will find rehabilitation and redemption in some way

Obviously, I'm very curious to find out her true fate (with the Order 66 scene in Reversal of Fortune likely retconned away), but more importantly, I am curious as to an official explanation as to why she did what she did, and what events prompted her to not only turn on the Jedi Order, but use terrorist tactics resulting in the deaths of civilians to make her point. What we have now is rather slim in details, and assuming that the events of the Fugitive arc all take place after Medstar, I have headcanoned that the bota injection on Drongar had something to do with Barriss' turn, perhaps giving her a revelation of a dark and twisted future that she felt she needed to make the Jedi aware of before it was too late... Perhaps it opened her eyes to the corruption in the Republic that had seeped its way into the Jedi Order itself. I have speculated that the horrors of war and her occupation as healer may also have contributed (a surprising number of actual terrorists IRL were doctors by profession). Whatever the cause, I would like a future EU novel, comic, or other medium to tackle her story so that we can actually get the full picture, and so we can get rid of that "No! That's not true! That's impossible!" caption on Barriss' Wookieepedia page.

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I got tired of hearing her in the "We've lost the light we hold so dear" speech, so I really wouldn't mind not seeing her again..

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    She could become Vader's apprentice and then be killed by Ahsoka, or she could not appear so that the EU doesn't change.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Offee, new apprentice of Darth Maul. [face_laugh]

Darth_Pevra and V-2 like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Being rational: no, she died on Felucia.
    Being irrational: sure, I bet Sidious used her as an Inquisitor to hunt down Jedi.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012

[face_rofl]

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Ur favourite line :p

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If she's gonna be in Rebels, I'll be forced to watch the Season 5 finale. Which I er... haven't....

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...which makes you smarter than some of us.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    As easy as Palpatine makes it sound to turn individuals to the Sith cause in ROTJ, we see in the prequels that turning Anakin was a very involved process. Barriss may have shown an affinity for the dark side, but I don't think Palpatine can just go tap her on the shoulder and make her into a Hand. I would imagine that Barriss would very much want him dead. Not all of those that fall to the Dark Side have a tendency to want to cooperate. Heck, if it wasn't for Palpatine putting the idea in Anakin's head that he knows how to save people from death, then Anakin may very well have struck Palpatine down upon the reveal that he was a Sith.

Palpatine: Are you going to kill me?
    Anakin: I would certainly like to.

All of that despite years of Palpatine nurturing a friendship with Anakin, the same of which cannot be said for Palpatine and Barriss.

Redimet, Cevan, V-2 and 3 others like this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    He's fairly masterful at manipulation. I think he could do it.
    "Hey, Barriss -- I've gotten rid of the corrupt Republic. How about you get rid of those pesky, war-mongering Jedi? Remember: I spared you when I didn't have to."

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One problem: I was under the impression that Bariss turned to the Dark Side with the intent of stopping the Sith.

V-2 likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Perhaps if Barriss does survive Order 66, and is still a darksider, its actually a better option for her to fight the Sith/Empire instead of just being a lapdog to them.

It would go to show, that just because someone has fallen to the darkside, does not mean they have to ally with the Sith or some Empire. Star Wars has shown us enough dark jedi allying with the Sith/Empire already, so a change would be nice. And it would help to create the message in Rebels that not all of the rebels (those who fight the Empire to destroy it) are good people.

And of course it could give us darksider vs darksider duels.
    (something i think TCW did well, and it would be nice to see a little bit of it again in Rebels).

Circular_Logic likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

But haven't you heard of Retcon :p

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, my buddy Even Piell told me all about retcons. [face_sigh]

Anyway, she was a zombie once. Precedent, people. [face_whistling]

25. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Given that when it was Ahsoka on trial for the exact same crimes the Republic (via Tarkin) was gunning for a death sentence...