main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Casting Discussion - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by darthtuttle, Aug 4, 2013.

1. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    this is the casting thread for people who don't want to be spoiled. since it came out before August 1st, the recent casting leak is not a spoiler. first of all any idea when the casting announcement will be made? I would like to see John Cleese or Ian mckellan in episode 7.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing McKellan.

3. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    at what point in a film's production is casting announced?

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I heard they might announce some cast members at D23.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Too bad she's already attached to the "Hunger Games" juggernaut, because I'd totally love Jennifer Lawrence as a Solo kid.

6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    She would be a good choice. I like the idea that was kicked around in the spoilers thread (going back months, not recently) of John Noble playing the villain. It would make sense with his JJ Abrams connection (Fringe), and he is capable of projecting a quite menace when he wants to.

7. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh, yeah, he'd be great! I loved him in "Fringe". And it would totally work if they're going for the "not super well known" type of casting. I think it could totally be a possibility. I mean JJ seems to like re-using certain cast members for a lot of his projects. So it's not out of the question.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think John Noble has a really good chance of being cast in the role of the 70 year old with strong opinions that was mentioned on the casting call. If I were to bet I'd be betting on him. I have a feeling that one of the late teen females listed is going to be the alien sidekick of the other female who I think will be the main character. I could see Saoirse Ronan playing Luke's daughter or if she's Han and Leia's daughter I could definitely buy Hailee Steinfeld after seeing her in True Grit.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    @ seeing actors from JJ Abrams' TV shows (or movies): that won't surprise me.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jennifer Garner?

The Bops and Sarge like this.
  11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    She'd fit, IMO. I like how she's settled into non-princessy roles (The Kingdom, etc) in recent years and I like how she's never treated as eye candy in her movies.

And Sawyer from Lost was basically ANH Han so...yeah, that guy too.

Hell, just everybody from Lost.

CAST THEM...ALL OF THEM [/Sidious] :p

Echo-07 and Pensivia like this.
  12. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I absolutely love Jennifer Garner, but what role would she play? (I've glanced at the casting call once, and can't really remember all the types they were looking for).

13. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    I bet Luke's daughter will be played by a no-name we've never ever heard of. its tradition to pick no names for the main characters. a lot of the big names used in Star Wars films played supporting characters. the best example would be Alec Guinness.

14. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, there were only five or so characters on that casting call thing. There will be a lot more characters than that, including some that may have been cast even before that call went out. There is no way to know

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As long as the movie itself bears no resemblance to Lost, I'm good.

stormcloud8 and DarthBoba like this.
  16. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Fassbender!!!

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You know, I was thinking I could see Liam Hemsworth in the role of Luke's son, but Liam's in the same HG boat as Jennifer, so I guess that means he's probably out as a possibility, as well (incidentally, I think Garner would be a pretty good choice for Leia and Han's daughter, too).

I know it's the boring answer, but provided they are quality performers, in the end, I guess I'm pretty open about whoever is chosen.

18. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I love Garner, too. But she's actually too old to play Han and Leia's daughter. I mean, at least if the 30 years after ROTJ timeline holds up. But otherwise, she would've been really good.

19. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    i actually want David Tenant to be the alien sidekick. tenant wants to be in the movie. the problem with David Tennant is that we would see the doctor and not the character he is playing. if his appearance and accent or different enough, then we won't automatically associate him with the doctor but he can still use his acting skills.
    what is the possibility if seen Benedict cumberbach? he said he doesn't want to be type casted as the villain with the British accent. even if he is not the village he should still play a military officer

20. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Any actor from Game of Thrones.

Especially Charles Dance. He would have made an excellent Count Dooku had Christopher Lee not played the part.

[​IMG]

21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think I'd prefer more no-name actors, because then you don't feel the need to nitpick about their roles in these movies against what they've done in the past.

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    How about we get John Noble and Charles Dance to team up as villains (and maybe toss in some Fassbender). That would be awesome...but the world can't handle that amount of bad @$$ery

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Thank you! Someone that gets it.

LOL Its funny that i keep seeing the same names over and over -- Fassbender, Moretz, Charles Dance. All good actors but, outside Dance, not sure they're right for Star Wars. Moretz in particular because she's probably too young for the role they have in mind, which will probably include romance. I'm hoping Disney doesn't turn this into tweenie Twilight or Hunger Games.

Jennifer Lawrence -- I know she's hot (as in a big name) and all since her Oscar but don't care for her and YES I did see Hunger Games and SLPB. She doesn't do it for me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Fassbender or Noble. I think the weight of their onscreen persona and ability to play serious and intelligent roles makes them both a great fit for Star Wars. I put Noble in the same class as Sir Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing. Old and wise. Fassbender, to me, can convey seriousness no matter what the source material is. I buy into all of his characters. I could see him playing a Chiss ex imp or spy type. A brash leader of some kind. Noble falls into the more diabolical category. Quiet and powerful. Just how I love my villains!

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    This. Definitely.