main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All CVII related news here!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Jul 28, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We are definitely staying longer to go Disney with girls

nnaydolem likes this.
  2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    trying to see if Harry Potter will be open at universal cali by then woohahahaha

3. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I just found out that Cory and I will be attending CVII !!!

FanForced and catz44 like this.
  4. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm tying to convince Darth ManMeat that we want to drive to CA and make a nice long vacation out of this. If i can win him over, i hope to pop thru Denver and join up with the caravan. Someone said a 2 day drive? What would be your half way stopping point? Vegas maybe? I may also be working on convincing another friend to go and he's just in Henderson NV.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Any time we ever drove between CO and CA as a kid, we always stopped in Vegas.

6. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    What stops in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Well, considering that April is one of our snowiest months, I'm making alternate driving plans to go south to Albuquerque, Needles, Anaheim route. I just don't think I can drive the Durango pulling a trailer full of droids and bins over the mountains in a blizzard (NOT FUN!). It's about 200 miles and 3 hours longer, but I think for that time of year it'll be safer than the I-70 route to Vegas. Of course, if I-70 is clear with no snow falling I'll probably go that route. It's nice to have a backup plan, though.

8. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'll be flying. Saves the ol' annual leave.

catz44 and nnaydolem like this.
  9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK...Here are the official ticket prices (just got off the phone with convention company, her daughter's name was Melody so she was super nice to me..LOL)

General 4-Day Pass: $140
    VIP Knight: $400
    VIP Master: $900

She did not know if the VIPs were on sale Wednesday. That's what i got...start planning now.

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    WOW, 4 days huh? Wed through Sun?

FYI - Vegas is like 3 hours from LA, so halfway point it's not. NV UT border would be closer to halfway point.

11. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Here's hoping we can get our California contingent to join us for this one.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    True, but it's a 12 hour drive to Vegas from Denver. If you leave in the morning, you have a nice evening/morning in Vegas before making a 3 hour drive into Anaheim the 2nd day.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    flying...need to save those vacation days....

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff and I are thinking of driving, we will have a ton of costumes and maybe some props for display at the RL or 501st tables if they let us. We will bring Buster with us so we need to stop in Paso Robles to drop him off before we head down to LA. Looks like we will not be in your convoy :( I want to stay in a hotel AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE, if the entire RMFF can stay at the same one that would b awesome. If not I understand everyone has their own needs to keep in mind.

We need to get Art Monkey, D-Josh & wife as well as Ali. Can't go w/o the Cali's there.

catz44, DieWompRatDie and nnaydolem like this.
  15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    AGREED i have scoped out the closest hotels...now it's just a wait and see when they open up!

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm still thinking about renting one of the houses behind the Marriott as they're so close. But if not, either the Marriott or the Hilton are right there.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    close is a relative term when wearing a heavy costume with lots of pieces...i would not want to try crossing a busy road. BUT that is just me. ;)

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It's the same exact road you'd have to cross to get to the convention center from the hotel. ;)

Edit: And besides, there's a giant crosswalk there. ;)

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We will flying, Abby will be at the end of her year in1st grade so we don't want to miss too much ;).

For those of you driving I think St George Utah is a half way point ;)

The street there is busy but has lots of safe crosswalks since Disney is so close. And luckily there are lots of hotels to choose from :)

21. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    What are those?

22. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Just poking my head up out of my hole. Definitely planning on going, too. :)

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    sooo after discussing with Grimby, it appears there is a long wall between the condos to the south and the condos to the west have a HUGE parking lot between the two. man i love googlemaps.

SO at this point i am thinking the hotels will be the closest.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I just got an email...hotels go on sale tomorrow.

I am reserving rooms AT the Marriott..here is why. The Hilton did NOT have a mini-fridge and those two were the absolute closest. I am booking one for the Sith's, myself and one other friend. i will book as many as allowed. SO there ya go.

25. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Where can you go reserve?