main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm reading MercyKill, I think a lightsaber to the kne e[face_devil] is more enjoyable than the tripe
    i'm reading now, still next book will be Sith related so that will help.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I advocate novels for King Adas, Marka Ragnos, and Freedon Nadd.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That would be awesome if they did novels for them. I would definitely read them.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Glad I'm not alone! These are history-shaping characters!

5. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yes they are and my character Darth Mystique has a connection to Freedon Nadd. She also has a artifact of King Adas too.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Freedon Nadd or Marka Ragnos first! I feel Nadd could get one first simply because there's already a lot that's been solidly established with his character. An author has more material to work with and shape into a cohesive story. Ragnos however requires one of the greats (*coughStover*coughDarkEmpireNovel*cough) to really think on the character, who he is, and then let their imagination run wild, while still respecting canon at the same time.

aalagartassle and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    That's true. I hope they do it but I doubt it.

8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Should there be a Sith in EP VII and if so who would you like to see?

9. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    I've been wondering... I come from KMC boards, a place where I primarily visited the Star Wars forums. I've noticed people over there are and think quite differently than people from over here, mainly due to the fact that KMC Star Wars forums' nature is to debate and argue character "what if" fights and they focus mainly on EU literature. So, I want to know your opinion on this subject.

Who is the most powerful Sith Lord of all time?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I would be inclined toward Revan personally. But there were other Sith Lords of which we know but a little who are told to have done amazing feats beyond that of others. Also, Plageius and Sidious have to be considered, but I tend to think less of Sidious. Personal opinion admittedly.

11. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Revan? Hmmm... I wouldn't say the most powerful Sith, since he actually reached the peak of his power being a Jedi, and though quite powerful as Sith, not as powerful as the likes of Sidious, Vitiate, or Bane. DE Sidious was immensely powerful, as was DoE Bane. Vitiate managed to maintain his position as Sith Emperor for centuries, and was powerful enough to mind-control Revan and Malak at the same time and making them, powerful Jedi Knights, think they actually worked for him. We know little of Revan's true feats due to the fact that in KOTOR it's just game mechanics.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lord Odion. Nobody else came close to destroying "all life in the universe". And he would've succeeded were it not for his right hand man jumping ships last minute.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I on the other hand tend to rate Darth Mary Sue Sith Emperor fairly low. The only times we see him fight, he has known people are coming at him...giving time to prepare his mind stuff. Same thing goes for his immortality...he had to prepare and trick all those Sith to do it.

If we go just from observed feats, it would be Sidious. Dark Empire puts him fairly high on the 'over the top' scale.

14. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013

Odion didn't have any feats as impressive as Sidious, Bane, Vitiate or even Nihilus.

I see what you're saying Skywalker_T-65 . I also consider DE Sidious the most powerful.

15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Hello Valerian, I have an account over on the KMC boards as well. Great site. My account over there is Dinkus Mayhem.

You may be interested in the Jedi Draft

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...revenge-of-the-draft-now-signing-up.50013438/

If you are familiar with the draft concept we basically draft up teams and compete in what if scenarios. We always enjoy fresh perspectives and try to stick to feats, great discussions over there. We try to keep it calm, sometimes it gets a bit heated though.

Please feel free to drop in and add to the conversation.

Also, welcome to the boards. :)

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Oddly enough we have an entire fanclub here dedicated to discussion of the Sith. This belongs there. So pack your things, we're leaving. ;)

17. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Final Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, First and True Emperor of the Galactic Empire, The Sith Lord that finally achieved Darth Bane's dream, the pinnacle of Dark Side mastery and ability, Master of the savage Darth Maul, the cunning Darth Tyranus, and the chilling Darth Vader: Darth Sidious, Palpatine.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    This is about feats? Thought it was about raw power and obviously Odion had more of that than any other. It was so much in fact that he was cursed with it.

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    You have to balance feats with raw power. A lot of Sith had raw power and potential, but without the skill and ability to put that to good use where does that get you?

DarthJenari and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Sorry for the mistake, Bardan_Jusik .

This isn't necessarily about feats, but feats are a way of measuring an individual's power, along with their skills and abilities. Palpatine had feats which put him above many, many (if not all) Sith Lords to ever exist. Odion's feats don't compare to Palpatine's. To be able to achieve what he achieved (Palpatine) he needed not only a wide set of skills but also an immense amount of raw power and potential in the Force. He clearly did have all those things. So, yeah. It really depends on what you mean by 'raw power', because if you think Odion had more of it than Palpatine based on what we know of both, then our definitions of that term clearly differ.

But even if Odion did have more, as you think, he never really lived up to his potential, and since we're not talking what if's here, it comes down to the ones that actually demonstrated enough power to put them on the 'most powerful Sith' category.

21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I have to read the Wookiepedia on Lord Odion cause i'm unfamiliar with him.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    For what his goals was (killing as many beings as possible), Odion was very successful. He was able to whip entire armies, whole planets, into killing frenzies. And he would've destroyed all life in the universe were it not for contrived coincidences.

I've not seen Palpatine do anything that compares. Wormholes only have local effect, Odions deed would have universal effect.

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Odion didn't do that on his own though, he required an amplifier of sorts to boost his raw power to that level. Without the Helm of Ieldis he wouldn't have achieved those feats you mentioned.

You can't really give him credit for those feats without putting an * next to it, it is like a ball player who is roided up being compared to the natural greats of baseball. What did Odion do before the helm? His abilities were on a much smaller scale and were more localized without the helm.

24. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Exactly.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Who gives a crap whether he used artifacts and machines or not? Plagueis did so as well. The Sith don't mind artificial enhancers, they don't play by the rules.

Besides, he still whipped entire planets into killing frenzy without the helm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.