main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    The senate was thrown out the window in New Hope. Tarkin himself said so.

2. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    True. then I have no idea what they did. Maybe Palpatine executed them.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's all EU.
    They seem to be more than Senators.

4. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    They both became members of the imperial ruling council. Amedda was gathering sith artifacts and Moore was converting captured younglings. The question is: how long did they stay in that position before dying of old age?

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's all EU.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay, okay we get it. you hate the EU. Funny thing is, Sly Moore's Force Sensitivity is only canon in the EU. Can those two really qualify as the Shadows of the Sith?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Not only is "Shadows of the Sith" also EU (unpublished EU for that matter!), but "Shadows of the Sith" could refer to anything the Sith left behind.
    Okay, okay we get it. Anybody who doesn't expect the ST to be beholden to the EU hates the EU.

Pfluegermeister and Dra--- like this.
  8. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Well yes, anything the Sith left behind. But If their big legacy is two bureucrats....
    Well since half of your replies are: "That's only canon in the EU" You kinda don't have a right to be butthurt if I claim you are an EU hater.

But this has been almost two pages of Off-Topic. Back to the treatments. Don't want my thread to get locked.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That doesn't mean I hate the EU!

10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Although you maybe right that the Main plot can't be anything very much related to the EU since there wasn't much EU at time The first few drafts of the sequel trilogy(/ies) was(/ere) likely made. Like if the Shadow is an item, than it being a Holocron is much more likely than being the Darkstaff. I don't know when Moore and Amedda were designed as characters. Or the concept of Slightly sentient Holocron gatekeepers. Or Holocrons for that matter. Actually Bane might come up somewhere. At least his name came up very early. I'd wager the instant the Black Knights of the Sith became simply: The Sith, their backstory was written from Bane onwords.

11. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    As far as I know, there were never serious plans to kill off Han in ROTJ. Harrison Ford has sneered that he thinks Han should have died to "add depth" to ROTJ, and Gary Kurtz offered some idiotic version of ROTJ to his worshipful band of PT-haters (who hang on his every word no matter how big a lie he's spun, because he, while presenting himself as some sort of "elder statesman of SW," told them exactly what they wanted to hear in terms of the prequels and the Ewoks in ROTJ), saying that "the plan" was for Han to die, Leia to be crowned queen of some planet, and Luke to wander off alone, and "that would have been so much better" than the "Ewok luau" ROTJ allegedly was instead. And his worshipful band of PT-haters keep parroting that version, not because they necessarily like it themselves (I think it stinks, and substitutes needless angst for depth), but because they're Kurtz Kultists and whatever he says is golden to them.

Lucas already punched plenty of holes in the EU with the prequels. Whether or not Disney uses his treatments for the forthcoming Episodes, I hope they continue to punch holes in it.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012

^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Mav Edit: This thread has gotten way off topic; It isn't for debating the EU and you all know that.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Finally someone else noticed. Thanks ^^

15. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    So what we seem to be agreed about is this:
    It will be about the passing of the Torch to the new generation.
    Han won't be killed off any time soon.
    The Antagonist will be kinda related to the legacy of old Frankie
    The Luke's long lost sister plotpoint will become Luke's long lost daughter.
    Generally the story will be the mix of the original 7-12.

Is this about right?

Dra--- and FRAGWAGON like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth_Corvus: You praise modding of a derailed thread and then thank us by double posting. SMH. :p

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's all pure speculation.

18. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Like 99% of this whole FORUM. I was trying the things that most of the people posting here speculate.

A Chorus of Disapproval: Whoops, we were warned against double posting a few pages back. Gomennasai

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Kiotsukette kudasai. ;)

20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well I'm not sure I agree with that as I only see speculation... as that's all we have. I'd personally like to see one of the 'big 3' killed off at the end of Ep VII as it would add drama and mirror ANH... but I'd agree that logic dicatates that Ep VIi will help "pass on the torch to a new generation".

21. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Sumimasen kiotsukette wa nan desuka

Darth PJ: So what do you speculate based on the very little evidence we have here if not this? Wants are a totally different thing. I'm all for the old ones dying after they pass on the torch, but for the purpose of this thread we can only talk about Han dying since it was planned in ROTJ but most people don't believe it was ever given serious consideration.

22. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope we see a force ghost of Bane were he tries to continue the rule of two after Sidious is gone, maybe Sidious will come back as a ghost.Exar Kun yes plis !
    Anyways they will not kill of the big 3 all of them in the first new movie, maybe Han and Leia,can see Luke joining the force like ben in second movie, sacrifice himself to save someone else.
    Also new triloigy could take part on another plane of existence like in the world of the force were they all are still battling it out.What ever it will be we know Disney was very happy about the story GL
    had for the new trilogy so it got to be good.

23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    I don't know about Force Ghost, but maybe as a Holocron gatekeeper. I'm all for Bane showing up. With establishing the rule of two he became the most important Sith ever. Oh and since he is the Sith'ari we could have a battle of the Chosen Ones. :D And he used Revan's teachings to create the Valley of the Jedi, so he neatly tied together the two coolest EU Jedi.
    But I doubt the main enemy force is actually Bane. He lacks any corporeal form, so he cannot be actually fought. Of course he has a high chance of showing up since his character was developed very early in the saga.
    Maybe Lumiya got her hands on Bane's Holocron and her and Luke's daughter accidentally activated it to find some answers. It could work.

Welll the original plans did say that the Sequels are going to be a bit philosophical about good evil and the nature of the Force and all, but I doubt we will go to another plane of existence. Remember, the roots of these stories are from a time when even TESB was work-in-progress. So the core elements need to be things possible with the technology of that time.

24. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Surely, they would adapt and evolve the core elements to incorporate the technology of when it is made?

But to just reply in general, that's a helluva lotta EU in that there prose.

25. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    I meant nobody in their right mind would have written a story with the Netherworld of the Force in it. That would have required ungodly ammounts of CGI. With the technological evolution it would be easy now, but if there was no Netherworld in the previous treatments, it is unlikely that it has a place in the movies now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.