main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #143 today. Pretty good issue! I read it trying to hide from the 90 F+ temperature here in the Greater London area.

2. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I stopped collecting that unfortunately I may have to 're-sub' . . . . Yes, I can feel the force flowing out of it again.

Being honest I got fed up with all TCW coverage . . . . and I didn't particularly mind TCW.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It wasn't a bad issue. The short story Incognito was pretty good. It's a lead-in to the upcoming Kenobi book.

4. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
  5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest issue of Insider the other day.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Giant size Darth Vader figure arrived at my door today. Wow, images and videos don't do him justice. He's friggin' HUGE.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Picked up the 6" luke X-Wing and 3 3/4" Luke Throne room today.

8. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Just yesterday I got in the mail, the Vintage Collection Endor Rebel trooper figure. Great figure. Now I need to get another one to customize into the old bearded guy that was on screen for a bout a second when Han tapped that Biker Scout on the shoulder.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee - I haven't seen one of those yet - I would like to eventually get one. Where I'll put him is another story :p

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I saw him too. He's seriously the size of my 4 year old Nephew! I don 't know if it's Hasbro who has the license (I don't think it is), but they made a similarly sized Superman for Man of Steel that've been guarding the endcaps of my local Wal-Mart this Summer.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the Sep issue of the UK Clone Wars Comic magazine.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It's by Jakks Pacific, they are the same people who did the massive Superman & Batman figures. They're going to be doing clones next :rolleyes:

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] Clones?! I guess it was inevitable. I saw him again today, even snapped his pic to show my friend and fellow collector, but I didn't check to see what kind of articulation he has (I know you can rotate the head on the Superman figure because my OCD has caused me to stop and "fix" their heads half a dozen times). If it's essentially a giant statue I'm not sure where the play value is... and, from a kid's POV, what good is a giant Vader without a giant Luke or Obi-Wan to battle?

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think they've only got like 5 pts of articulation. There are rumors that Costco is going to get a version w/ a light up lightsaber for Vader.

Maybe they're just designed to lord over kids beds and give them nightmares ala the scary clown in "Poltergeist" :p

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Heck, I'd wager the "real" Vader only had five points of articulation in that bulky costume. Authenticity!

Lol!

16. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    He basically has vintage figure articulation, but his wrists do turn as well. He's just a sight to behold though, definitely now one of my favorite items. I also saw him at my walmart today, but the chain around his neck was busted. I hope this isn't a common problem...

My only complaint about him is he needs to get a job...
    [​IMG]

Today I found C-3PO and R2-D2 Action Masters diecast figures from the mid 90s at a rummage sale for cheap. I had the Vader as a kid so I was excited. They look cool together.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bwhahahahaha!

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like Darth has seen better days. Time for rehab!

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    He's the same size as my Batman figure that I have standing guard in my stairwell! When you said "giant size," I thought you meant the jumbo vintage figures, not a HUGE Vader!

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo! That sexy beast came to my home - aka the UPS man - and brought me my Wave 1 Black Series 6" figures!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought an Amazon UK order with SW: Agent of the Empire Vol 2. My copy of Kenobi was supposed to be in the same order but they split the shipment and that book hasn't shipped yet. :mad:

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought SW: Kenobi today. It's next on the reading list after my current book.

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I saw that at Wal-Mart. I'm really really tempted

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I picked up the 6" Black Series Sandtrooper. It looks great. I'm really sold on this series, I just wish they were a few bucks cheaper. If they were $14.99/15.99 instead of $19.99 I'd probably have picked up R2 as well.

I hope it does well because I don't want just a handful of these and then see it cancelled [face_worried] .

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't think there's going to be too much of a problem. Everywhere I look online collectors are going nuts for the line.

I get the price point - I just wish that included in that price was a stand.

Juke Skywalker likes this.