main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Tickets & Hotels go on sale August 7th 7am PST

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning August 7th at 7am PST/10am EST.

There is absolutely no info on hotels right now, but here's what we have:

Ticket Pricing:

4-Day Adult $140
    Thursday Adult $60
    Friday Adult $60
    Saturday Adult $75
    Sunday Adult $60

4-Day Child $60
    Thursday Child $35
    Friday Child $35
    Saturday Child $35
    Sunday Child $35

Jedi Knight VIP $450

Jedi Master VIP $900

Information about VIP tickets: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Anaheim/Ticketing/VIP-Tickets/

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I got my hotel reservation in. Right now I'll be staying at the Anaheim Marriott. These hotel price are not much of a savings at all, in face I think they are more expensive then what you can find online. I am going to continue looking online to see if I can find a cheaper price.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Considering hotel reservations online are typically only 11-12 months out... good luck with that at this point? :)

(you may get lucky!)

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, there is right there on the main hotel page a pledge as follows:

Best Rate Pledge
    • The lowest room rates available have been negotiated at official hotels.
    • Other booking channels are monitored to track down rival rates.
    • Rates are lowered when necessary and applied to already-booked rooms.

So in theory you aren't going to get better at those 7 hotels. You might at the others, as people have at every other celebration.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Can't make a reservation as my credit card expires in November and the reservation site wants one which expires after the event. This is NOT helpful for some of us.

6. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Hotel reservation? I got mine with a card that expires this month.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    For those that already got their hotel reservations, can you confirm how they are doing the deposit? Are they automatically taking out a night's deposit to reserve the room or are they holding off on that until closer to the event?

I had the exact same problem with CVI. It was quite annoying. But maybe it worked out for the best because I ended up never going to the event.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    They won't take the deposit until 30 days out.

9. Airdave Jedi

Airdave Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm wondering the same thing. Typically they don't charge anything for the reservation. I'm thinking about reserving a room to commit myself to going, but I know I don't have any kind of deposit money handy.

Anyone have an idea when they might sell out of hotel rooms? I know it's early but I'd hate to miss out and end up staying too far away to walk.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    They might sell out of the main hotels (Marriott and Hilton), but there are so many hotels and motels on that street that I wouldn't worry.

In only annoyed that they're charging us double what we pay to stay in the same hotels during other conventions.

11. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    Bummed about not getting VIP. From comments on FB I should have been braver and actually hit the refresher button! But hey, saved a whole bunch of $$$ and still will be there to celebrate the past and the exciting new movie! Hope to see yall there!

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So where's everyone booking their room? Do we have an official JC hotel yet?

13. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    How? I just tried the Celebration's booking site (on peak) and it wouldn't let me use my Visa card which expires in November of this year.

14. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I have the same problem. I learned from Celebration 6 that you need to increase the year until it falls after the time frame for you reservations. For instance, my credit card exires 7/14, so I change the year to 2015 and the reservation went in just fine. You just have to remember to up date the reservation info when you get the new credit card.

15. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

I'm not looking to book a room today. I mean that I will be looking from now until the convention for a better room rate at the Anaheim Marriott or Hilton. Sometimes you can find better rates at places like Priceline or Hotwire...

16. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm thinking I'll pursue that. We're what, 20 months out? My guess is that people will cancel reservations and/or more rooms will be opened up. If push comes to shove, I may be able to take advantage of my folks' Disney Vacation Club membership and stay at one of Disney's properties.

17. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Rooms will undoubtably open up. Some of us booked blocks knowing that we will likely not need all the rooms but wanted to have them in case.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Purchased my tickets, but decided to hold off on the hotel for the time being for the reason that was already mentioned above. We're over a year out and I would like to shop around a bit.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Got my room reserved but I am DEFINETLY gunna look for something different as we get closer to the date. Got a nice place, just didnt have exactly the dates I needed/wanted, and it wasnt at the hotel I had my heart set on! No matter what happens, its gunna be a GREAT vacation for me and my hun!:D This will be my 4th Celebration and her 1st!!