main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitness, Health & Weight Loss 2013 - Prepare for CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So... does that make this thread like our bungee cords? If we start to fall off, holding ourselves accountable here helps us stay or get back on? :)

4 miles walked yesterday, total just 9.75 this week. Need to get a larger set in today.

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Honestly, I don't know why I even come in here.

Smartphones are neato.

3. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, hopefully we can all get a supportive network going for this stuff. Then it'll be a good place to come in. Every one of us has different challenges and moves at a different pace, so don't let yourself get discouraged.

So how is everyone doing? I'm behind this week, and over calorie budget. I didn't even bother logging yesterday. Back up on the wagon for me today.

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ow. My legs hurt. I thought I was at the point of doing ok on the 10mile walks, but apparently not. Maybe the pack made a difference.

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    22 miles this week. Wish I could have reached my 25mile goal, but I'm not budging a bit further today!! Wish I had a hot tub.

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I don't do anything. That's why I don't know why I come in here....

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I was doing better for a while until last weekend. Then I ate stuff I shouldn't, drank stuff I shouldn't, skipped exercising, and haven't been good since. :(

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    The above post was the start of a month+ period of not doing well on the fitness and weight front for me. I had almost made it down to my goal... but then the long time period of eating and drinking poorly and getting little to no exercise has set me right back to the bad spot. It's like a freaking game of chutes and ladders. It's really not fair that it is so easy to put weight on and so hard to get it off. Shouldn't it be more balanced, with the efforts being equal??

So today marks my latest "OMG, I have to get back on the wagon AGAIN" kick-off. I have to go back to tracking everything I eat, eating the right things, cutting out alcohol, and getting exercise.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  9. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I'll be starting health coaching at my doctor's office towards the end of May. I'm looking forward to it.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    My "back on the wagon" plan above lasted all the way until that evening, when I had mexican food and a margarita for dinner. :(Yesterday went better, but SUnday promises to be a problem with the whole mother's day thing.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  11. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I've been meeting with a health coach and I think it's going well. I weigh in tomorrow. I wish I could hire her to follow me around.

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    How's it going?

I am going to be starting weight watchers again soon. I had some success with them in the past and it's time for another go around.

13. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    They put me on yet another new medication, and what is the main side effect you ask? Increased weight gain. I have gained 5 pounds in the last week, and it also makes you nauseated, so I haven't been eating much of anything. So total so far, 20 pounds in three weeks while managing to eat 1 meal a day if I am lucky. Blah. Hopefully it is only a temporary medication.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ugh. That sucks. :mad:

15. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OK here we go....yes i have a goal and now a good reason to get off my @$$.....i have a pretty freaking awesome costume i wanna do for CVII and since it's a year and a half off i am going to start now...

so any one else in?

16. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    The weigh-ins have been going well. a couple pounds lost each time I see her. Now just to stick with it! It's been hard. I've had this insatiable hankering for fro-yo every other day. I just bought some snack size ice cream treats from the grocery store. That should help.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    nice good job!!!!!! :) i started weight watchers again this week. I am down three already...yes i know it's water, but it still makes me feel better. ;)

catz44 likes this.
  18. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I've just started riding my bike to work. I use to do it, but stopped last year, cuz I'm lazy that way.

Wow...simply out of shape. and my butt hurts. Stoopid seat.

19. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    ...of course that 50/50 ground bacon and beef burger didn't do me any favors, but BACON!

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok soooooo i am looking at going to a personal trainer. the city of denver have some available for pretty decent prices. IF i am going to do the costume i want for CVII i have to do something.

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm in. Jeff and I are going to start working out in the AM and hopefully move it to the gym soon and swim before work. Doggie walks in the evening before dinner and such. Pounds need to fall off. I would love to lose 60 but will be happy with 40.

Looking into WW recipes and apps to help with shopping lists and meal planning, that is the one thing we both suck at and enable the other to eat unhealthy crap.

nnaydolem likes this.
  22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEP me too...best WW site is laaloosh.com I also had a friend who is a dietitian offer to make a menu for me. i honestly would love 60, but 40 is more likely going to be the case as well.

we need to help each other!! i am contacting a PT and seeing what i can do to get my core back into some sort of strength since it went to shat since my surgery.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'll just sit here and eat my ice cream.

I've done nothing but change med doses and I've lost almost 20 pounds in the last year. My "good" jeans don't fit anymore.

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    This is the one used in our household and has been successful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    They have an app, too.