main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Tickets for Celebration Anaheim

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by halfmonkey, Aug 2, 2013.

1. halfmonkey

halfmonkey Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2013
    Hi everybody. I'm brand new to the forum and I was luck enough to find you guys.

I've never been to a Celebration event before and so when I found out that they're doing one in Anaheim in 2015, I was super excited because that's not too far a drive for me. In any case, I have a question about the tickets.

I know it says that they're going on sale on Aug 7th but can anybody shed some light on the ticket purchase process? When you to to the link, it just shows a countdown clock. Will ticket prices and options be released maybe a few days before they actually go on sale? Do you have to register in anyway before you can actually buy the tickets? I ask this because Comic Con is set up that way or can you just go to the site the morning of Aug 7 and place your buy orders?

Thanks for your help.

2. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    Hey Halfmonkey!

I ordered CVI tix online and it was easy. I have been trying hard to find out if the prices and packages will be posted prior to Aug 7 but no luck so far. The four day passes will probably be between $140-$160. My CVI pass was $135 for all days. I am going for VIP passes this time for all the perks
    so I really want to know the package price. My bet is that you will buy tix on the 7th and then later can upgrade to VIP when more details of the event are posted.

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    If they hold to past Celebrations, VIP won't go on sale until further down the road. However, you must already have purchased a regular ticket to upgrade to VIP (stupid, IMO), plus previous VIP ticketholders get first dibs. Kinda like SDCC.
    Would kill to score a pair of VIP this time around.

4. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I know I would kill too! I am going to try. I know they sell better here than in CEII, cause I kept getting notices that VIP tix were still available almost before it started.

5. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    Ticket prices and packages now posted on celebration website!

6. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Definitely getting the 4 day pass.

7. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Any thoughts on if they'd sellout of tickets?

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    VIP will sell out, no question. Very upset that they'd sell those just 10 days after announcing the con.

TheDarkKing likes this.
  9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't think the regular passes will sell out, not at least in a very long time. I'm not going to buy right now just because they get available.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Tickets might sell out closer to, but I doubt they'd sell out any time in the next year.

11. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Just amazed that tickets and hotel room block will be available this far out! I think it is funny that I'll have to wait until next summer/fall to book airfare.

I waited until the last minute to make decision on attending CVI and the hotel rooms were sold out. Not making that mistake this time!

Jlowe235 likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You got that right!

Although, if they aren't collecting deposits until 30 days out, I may go ahead and book tomorrow.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  13. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Has anyone purchased a VIP ticket for a previous Celebration? Would you say it was worth it? I'm trying to figure out whether to try and get one for Anaheim, or if I should just go with a normal ticket.

14. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    It was worth it for CE2. I just wished they were selling them closer to the time for Anaheim, too soon after CE2 to invest in a VIP ticket.

ffluff73 likes this.
  15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Man, I'm so annoyed. I cannot believe that. I was hitting refresh at 7 a.m. and even minutes before and yet I still didn't get a Jedi Master badge. I had it the last two times, so I'm definitely not happy about it. I like to be in the ultimate VIP class. I guess I'm happy enough with Jedi Knight, but no meet and greets is going to kill me because that's a huge part of what makes these so great. I think the Jedi Master badge is a better deal overall because it's just a more special experience.

But, no, of course I should have figured that because it's Star Wars and all of our fans are just as insane as I am, they'd sell out in less than a minute for the Master badges. And by 7:05 I noticed they were already sold out of the Knight badges. At least I got one of those...

ffluff73 likes this.
  16. ffluff73

ffluff73 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2013
    Same here (although I am not so much annoyed as I am please I got a Jedi Knight - its the seating in the main hall and private area that makes it for me) - so much for Essen being my only Star Wars Celebration!

btw TheDarkKing - if I had realised it was you I would have introduced myself properly!

[​IMG]

TheDarkKing likes this.
  17. halfmonkey

halfmonkey Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2013
    It looks like I'll be going to my first SWC in 2015. [face_dancing] I can't wait. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of the VIP packages. I wouldn't have spent $900 on it even if I had the chance but I would have spent $450. Unfortunately, fate was not on my side but I did purchase the 4 day passes. The crappy thing is I used my computer to access the site to purchase the tickets and nothing was happening. I know it's a virtual queue but I was waiting for like 20 minutes and so I figured I'd try on my cell phone in case my computer was acting up. Of course, my cell phone was able to access the site in about 5 minutes after I went into the queue on my cell phone. Go figure. Even after I finished the transaction, my computer still showed that I was in the queue. Oh well. I got the 4 day passes and so that's all that matters.

I won't be bringing the wife and kids but we should be renewing our annual passes to DLR so hopefully, there will be some tie-ins with the park. [face_dunno]

18. Professor5150

Professor5150 Jedi Knight

Aug 16, 2010
    Disappointed, I had VIP for the last two Celebrations in Orlando. This morning I was logged in immediately go into the queue and nothing happened. I left the queue open and then tried to login again in a new browser and I got right in. Unfortunately all VIPs were sold out by then...

Not sure what happened but nothing I can do now. Let me know if someone wants to sell their VIP pass, I will take it.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No luck on the VIP tickets for me either. I specifically brought my laptop on vacation just to try and get em. Oh well.

20. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    The Vip tickets sold out in five minutes.

21. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I missed out on VIP too. Was through the queue by 10:02 and they were already sold out.

22. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I got VIP Jedi Knight at 10:01, Master was already sold out when I got through.

There's a new nebulous benefit for Jedi Masters this year:
    Be interesting to see if this amounts to anything or not.

23. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    It took me until 7:35 to get through that queue. Crazy.

24. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I managed to get Jedi Knight at 10:02 ET. This'll be my sixth Celebration, and first one VIP. Wondering if I should still volunteer since I scored the VIP perk.

25. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Great picture! Hoping I manage Anaheim and then can say proper hello.

ffluff73 likes this.