main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

They're confiscating all recording devices and phones at the panel. But as soon as I get my phone back I'll have something up.

2. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    They must be saying something...;)

3. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Eventually, they'll have to announce something!

Cast announcements at least have to be soon.

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    There are rumours that Disneyland is getting a full Star Wars make over for D23.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/08/d23-expo-star-wars-takes-over-disneyland-and-disney-world/

5. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Their "chatty source" is actually MiceAge who spews false rumors that don't come true.

Their latest bit of falsehood was that Disney would CHARGE EXTRA for Christmas at Disneyland this year, which Disney just debunked.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks. The article's kind of confusing, though... some of that stuff sounds more like rumors for Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios at Disney World. For example, the Cantina restaurant has already been talked about a lot for that. That doesn't all sound like stuff being done in Anaheim just for D23.

7. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    The Cantina is planned for Paris and will just be a redesign of Pizza Port.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I'm not too keen on rumors like that either. A lot of times, these websites get their information from cast members and they're not exactly the best source for things like this. I'm going to stick to this line of thinking - I'll believe it when/if it's announced this weekend.

But something interesting of note - Captain EO at Epcot is planned to close at the end of this year (I'm not up to date with Disneyland news, so I'm not sure if that one is going as well). Could it be making way for something Star Wars related (if the article is to be believed)?

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Anyone seen this official D23 Expo 2013 Guide Book? https://d23.com/download-the-d23-expo-2013-guide-book/

It's got tons of info, but no clues I could find just now. I see that there will be a "Darth Vader: The Evolution of a Villain" pavilion at the Consumer Products area though.

10. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah me neither. But I don't think they'd say "we're doing a big Episode VII reveal" beforehand.

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, definitely didn't expect to find that. I was looking more for "to be announced later" type descriptions at key points in the schedule... and I found one like that near the end of the day on Sunday that jumped out at me for that reason. But the category was Disney Interactive, which I think means it would be more for things like the new Infinity video game system.

12. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Heh, yes, the information given is indeed sparse. It's only mentioned on page 24 that Lucasfilm in included in the Live-Action event (but they do promise surprises and one can only hope it's Star Wars related).

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I think we'll get something about Ep 7.

Mange likes this.
  14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    It's interesting that Lucasfilm are slated to make an appearance but there is no representative for the company listed to appear on stage during the live action presentation. It could just mean that Star Wars will get nothing but a passing mention. And after the lack of news at SDCC and CEII I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. But I'd like to think that they're going to end the panel with JJ taking to the stage, like they did with Joss Whedon at the SDCC Marvel movies panel.

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm going to be the pessimistic guy everyone hates here now - but I don't think we're going to get Episode VII news at D23 other than a passing mention and an announcement of a Star Wars park. No evidence to support this, just a gut feeling.

Serve me crow if I'm wrong.

16. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    D23 is now SOLD OUT for Saturday. Looks like word is spreading about Episode VII...

17. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Don't expect any "Mind Blowing" information.If were lucky we will get the BIG three announcement which is wayyyyyyyy overdue and to the point of when they announce it everybody should yell "NO ****" in the audience.

Edit: Gotta star out the whole word.

Chewgumma and Darth Claire like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not really expecting anything either to be honest. I'm not even sure we'll get the Big Three announcement - they probably don't think it's way overdue. It seems like they still think:
    [​IMG]

jedinightwing likes this.
  19. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I'd like to think Disney will throw us something additional like a poster or a teaser trailer. Like how Duncan Jones' Warcraft movie already had a trailer unveiled despite not being filmed until next year. Even just the movie's title would satisfy me.

20. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    There wasn't a Warcraft trailer. It was just a concept piece.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I hate to say it, but I'm with you, KED. As much as I (we) am licking my chops in anticipation for some meaty chunks of information, until proven otherwise, I'm taking KK at her word when she said not to expect much this year and called 2014 the year of Star Wars.

But hey, prove me wrong and introduce the Big3 at D23, though, Lucasfilm! I promise I won't mind. :)

22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I will be rather surprised if the "Big three" are not announced. I will not be surprised if anything else does not get announced on top of that.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't think we'll get anything earth shattering - something like the Big Three announcement or a release date. But again, Disney is out to impress with their 'big event.' If nothing at all is mentioned this weekend, they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Do you remember way back before SDCC when it was reported that nothing would be announced until D23 so they could have all the spotlight? I'm taking them at their word on that.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I seriously think we're going to get the official release date. TBH, as of now, that's enough for me. It’s about time we knew when this thing is going to be released. At least then we'll have a specific date to look forward to.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    In my opinion, we'll get a release date AND something else. The other could be casting, a title, or something else. But what it is, I don't know.

And also, the expo is sold out on just Saturday as of now basically because of Star Wars. So if anything does not get announced, there will be backlash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.