main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Riots in Anaheim!

TigerCraneFist and Immortiss like this.
  2. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I just wish they'd quit giving us news about everything related to starwars except Episode VII.
    You know talking about new TV series developments or whatever. We don't care about all that other crap.
    JUST GIVE US EPISODE VII NEWS ALREADY! :mad:What's the hold up? I still have this gut feeling that Mark, Carrie and Harrison are just messing with us and they aren't going to be involved at all. I'm about to lose interest in this whole new trilogy if we don't get something to spark our imaginations about how this could all turn out.
    Come on throw us a friggin bone here!

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    they will probably give us May 19, 2015 or whatever And maybe the title. I mean, the announcement at Celebration was that JW was scoring...which I thought we already knew. I have a feeling the announcement will be similarly lame and they will "officially" announce the Big 3.....which we already knew months ago.

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think the big three will get announced. I think the main leads announcements will be parceled out over the next couple months. I think that could be an effective way of keeping Star Wars "in the news."

But, who knows? They could do the "whole shebang" on Saturday.....

5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I would definitely say that's something theme park related. If you look at the crate on the left side of the screen, it says, "Figrin D'an and the Model Nodes," which suggests to me that it has something to do with the proposed cantina themed restaurant. Besides that, Orange Harvest suggests either Florida or California, so either DL or WDW.

But who knows...maybe they wrapped everything into one and are calling it Orange Harvest.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    One of the boxes is also addressed to Disney Imagineers.

8. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Unless "Orange" is a reference to Orange County which is the county I think that Disneyland resides in.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! I just edited my post to say the same thing! Disney World also resides in Orange County, FL (or the majority of it, anyway).

Hitchhiking-Ghost and TheBBP like this.
  10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I did not know that lol.

11. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The Orange Harvest thing is for the parks. That's in the Imagineering pavilion.

Early morning tomorrow. We're getting up at 4 for the first panel. Good thing I'm right across the street!

12. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Well orange harvest certainly has an interesting tag-line: "Speculation beyond imagination."
    [​IMG]
    I think it is probably something to do with the theme parks... but the speculation part leads me to think it might be something more. :confused:

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Maybe it's just my imagination but IMO the hole in that crate looks like it's roughly the same size and shape as R2D2. Other than that I have no idea what Orange Harvest is.

HegoDamask likes this.
  14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well D23 is tomorrow and I will be voraciously scouring the internets for new NEWS! If none I will become pissed!!!! At the very least I fully expect that we will hear the announcement that the BIG 3 are in fact BACK!
    Actually, that idea is so simple its brilliant -- Disney misses the boat for not putting this as a live stream on the web, say the SW official site. Could have had advertising and everything. Imagine that, millions of viewers worldwide watching the live SW announcements from Disney's D23 Expo?!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Just wanted to throw it out there...apparantly Marvel is doing a live blog of their Panel so...if Marvel can do a live blog...then maybe Disney will allow SW to do one too. Just some hoping.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The official realease date actually doesn't mean all that much to me, it's sometime in the middle of 2015, a week or even a month more or less doesn't make that much difference. I'd prefer some specifics about the story and characters. However, I doubt we'll get anything like that yet, but hey, I can hope.

18. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    1 more day to see what happens...I'm biting my fingernails lol.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I, personally, wouldn't go quite that far.

I mean, on the Star Wars front, there is nothing which excites me and peaks my interest more than Episodes 7, 8 and 9 (yes, especially as news relates to Luke and his son), but I'm still very much looking forward to the stand-alone features, Rebels, the possibility of a live action show, new action figures, novels, video games, comics, and the like.

Basically, I figure I'm the pretty much the ideal fan as far as Disney/Lucasfilm are concerned. I want it all and I'm standing here with the disposable portion of my income saying "take my money, please!" Oh, and my child is two years old, and can often be heard asking "watch Star Wars?" So I guess I'm playing my part in helping to bring the next generation of fans along, too. Around these parts, I can't imagine this makes me unique. :D

20. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Iger says no news in D23. They don't have too many details to share just yet... Downer.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Source?

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You know, you're going to start a riot saying something like that! :p

23. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I'm going to be the optimistic one hear saying they might be just lowering our expectations for a reveal tomorrow. I mean are they just going to bs the entire Lucasfilm presentation tomorrow?

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think he's joking. All the information I found online (all posted within the past couple of hours, btw) are reporting that they're still expecting a reveal. Unless he has another source, I wouldn't buy into it.

25. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.