main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I wouldn't joke on that! Too many years waiting. If you do a research on twitter you'll find people reporting it.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well then...

BLAH!

With all the hype, I'm hoping he's just toying with us - or someone is toying with us.

EDIT: I'm not a twitter person, so that would explain that. At this point, I think I'm going to crawl up into a corner for a while. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Exactly they wouldn't do that to the fans... Would they?

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Had a feeling they wouldn't give us news. I can't say I'm too suprised TBH. It is still early *I mean usually they do these epic panels we want once casting is done*. My guess is that we wont know the exact day we get info. It'll probably be on some random day of a random month that we never expected instead of some day that we convince ourselves MUST have news (like May 4th, comic con, that recent comic convention and now apparantly D23). The more we act like we know when something will happen, the more disappointed we will get if there isn't anything.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I sure hope not! [face_worried]

6. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I still wouldn't be shocked if the big three are announced tomorrow. But, as I said, I think other casting news will be parceled out over the next couple months.

7. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Does anyone think that we'll get a release date?

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I wouldn't be either BUT if they dont then I can see why they wouldn't announce it now. My top ideas would be either:
    A) They want to reveal them when the OT3 all look their best in order to avoid fanboy panic like "Oh god they look awful!"
    B) They want to announce the OT3 with the new cast in order to avoid stupid people assuming that the OT3 are the main characters because they were announced first and thus getting frustrated when a new cast is revealed. Like "Ugh who are these kids? They're side characters right? The OT3 were announced first so OBVIOUSLY they must be the leads right? Wait..they're not? UGH"
    C) They're pulling a "Mystery box" and will never officially announce it
    D) They dont care and they'll announce it whenever they dam well please.

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Iger's words are also "somewhat speechless." So, maybe a sliver of hope? Maybe exactly what Zuckuss said - I'll just be happy with a Big Three announcement.

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I hate to be the spoiled brat, but a release date, while it would be undeniably cool, would not satisfy much as far as I am concerned.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I still think we'll get something. I read that this message was at the animation panel today.

12. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    And "too many details"

HanSolo29 likes this.
  13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I'm reading some rumors. Apparently there is a "Major" name being casted. Someone that hasn't been mentioned before but a major movie star.

Could be complete bunk though. I think a major star would be someone like a George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelena Jolie etc....

Screw it, I'll play. For this to be a nuclear bomb your talking someone like Daniel Day Lewis or Denzel Washington.

14. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Source of these rumors?

15. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Come on D23, old buddy...Don't let me down.

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Pitt and Jolie are possible. Actually Jolie as a bad @$$ sith would be kinda awesome. DDL...never in a million billion years. Unless he's guaranteed to get an oscar no way will he be doing any franchises anytime soon. IF there are any "Major movie stars" I'm hoping its for the villain and not the new leads.

17. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah,

https://twitter.com/MarkNewbold1971

Again, could be total bunk...

I also had another twitter post that expanded/correlated what this dude was saying. But, I can't find it.

Its fun, but I'm not putting too much faith in it.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It probably is. We would probably have every MAJOR site reporting upcoming SW7 casting news. Wait till Deadline or somebody high-level reports it

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I have avoided the "What would ruin Episode 7 for you" thread because I could never think of anything that would ruin it for me. However, if Pitt or Jolie were cast, that would definitely do it. I would still pay to see it and eventually learn to love it being the fanboy that I am. But I would at least initially LOATHE the news.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  20. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Daniel Day Lewis sounds about right for me. He hasn't stared in a major tentpole film. He has a history with Kennedy etc. But, alas, I am just speculating on a rumor that probably isn't true.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They have to at least give us a release date. Quite ridiculous that they haven't given us one yet, actually.

22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, honestly its tiered. Your major trades like Variety are the places for absolute confirmation. Once they start reporting it you know its true. Latino review, Hitflix are the first sites that get scoops. Places like deadline, slashfilm, collider are basically rumor echo chambers.

23. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Ridiculous that they hype D23 with potential Star Wars news, but after Saturday is SOLD OUT because of Star Wars, they are disappointing the SW fans who bought Saturday's expo ticket, now have social media reporting they won't have any SW ep 7 news... Disney Comon!

This is how you treating the fans???

JainaSoloYJK and HegoDamask like this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am here to deter any rioting. :p

cdgodin, Mange and HegoDamask like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.