main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

Exactly, preseason is about seeing the young cats play, and seeing who is progressing and who is not. The score doesn't mean a thing, although you do want to see your depth chart compete.

It's not about wins and losses, the only game most coaches even game plan for is the third. That one is the dress rehearsal for the regular season and is approached most like a real game by most teams.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    He wasn't making the team anyway or at least not starting. I'm kind of shocked to see the Steelers so high up on the list for Vegas odds. I don't have high hopes this year.

3. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That could be the end of the road for Plax

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First weekend of football. NFLN playing live/replays of all games.

Ridley just busted a 62 yd run on the first play of the game against Philly.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Perhaps if I ever have the chance to be a fan of a team, then I'll soften up on the preseason.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i still think that the preseason is a must have, it's too hard to evaluate people outside of an actual game situation.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus for some die - hard football fans (like me), it's a tantalizing taste of actual football and a sign that we're nearly to a new season.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Panthers four points over the Bears in the third quarter.

That is all.

9. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I lol'd

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Saints win, 17-13. There was a lot of sloppy stuff (re: defense needs a bit of work), but the two back-up QBs were quite good. Slow start out of the gate with Sean Payton back.

12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Preseason. That is all. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Geno Smith ended up with an ankle injury in the Jets preseason game.

14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Giants need to work on run defense.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    HARD KNOCKS IS HERE!

I cried watching Larry Black's reaction to his injury. Seeing your dreams flash before your eyes like that...wow.

Other notes:
    Gresham vs. Geno!
    Gio is making me love him
    Taylor Mays is cracking me up
    James Harrison looks like he's going to murder someone at any moment

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hard Knocks is awesome, I watched the first episode on Friday night. I thought Hue Jackson was hilarious. Also, obligatory starting QBs gorgeous wife- although Mrs. Dalton still has nothing on Brodie Croyle's wife. Go Chiefs.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Adam Schefter answered my question in his ESPN mailbag. He's done it once before, a few years ago, but I'm nerdily excited, even if he pseduo-mocked me and took me to the cleaners.

18. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
  19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Guise, Marc Trestman's face really creeps me out :( and they keep on showing it.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Lucille Bluth said it best when she said "It's his glasses..they make him look like a lizard."

21. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    *cue pointless pre-season induced excitement in Cleveland*

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    And what's wrong with USC or UCLA football? Oh, it's not enough that LA has two NBA and two MLB teams, and an NHL team too! And two major colleges! Waaaaah, we don't have an NFL team! Freaking spoiled is what you are. [face_shame_on_you]

PRENNTACULAR and Thrawn1786 like this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    We only have 1 baseball team.

:p

Though I tend to despise almost anything related to college, college football is the collegiate sport I can tolerate the most, so I do watch some of that each late summer/fall. If I end up taking a rooting interest in either local team, I'd go with UCLA.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just got to catch the KC-SF game. Our special teams look amazing, great KO return TD. Alex Smith played well, defense clamped on Colt McCoy well, backups lost the game late, but pleased with the starters. Only bad thing was giving up a long run to Gore to start the game, but missed assignments are going to happen at this point. Ready for the season to start!