main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation BOOM or BUST?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Echo-07, Aug 10, 2013.

?

BOOM or BUST?!

1. Hell Yeah -- let the news flow through you!

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Hell No -- frozen in carbonite -- no news for you!

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Today August 10th, 2013 has the potential to be the next biggest day in the new era of Star Wars after October 30th 2012. Today at Disney's D23 Expo we have the potential to learn some BIG new information to our burning questions:

Are the BIG 3 returning?
    What is the subtitle?
    What date does it open? Will we get our traditional May release?

In fact George Lucas mentioned a while ago that he had already been in discussions with the BIG 3 as to being part of the new ST. He inferred that the deal was nearly done. In fact Carrie Fisher has come out no less than 3 times to say she will reprise her role as Leia only to retract the statements. All 3 of the BIG 3 have expressed joyous interest in returning:

So is today Disney's BIG "whoop-de-do?" Will the SW community go BOOM or will Disney BUST this opportunity to disappoint us all with marginally interesting tidbits about what kind of tweaks they make to their theme parks???

Tell me BOOM or BUST?!

cdgodin and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh yeah, I think this is the day we finally get at least the Big 3 announcemen. I think Bob Iger is downplaying so Dinsey can at least generate a little surprise since the cat's been out of the bag for months now.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I say Bust. Doubt they have enough/want to say that much to really make much of an impact.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Echo-07 like this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I say, if anything, we'll see the announcement of the Big Three. Probably not much more than that? Although, a release date probably wouldn't be out of the question.

We'll see what happens. Part of me still doubts anything will happen based on everything else we've gone through this year, but I'm more confident about this one than the others.

5. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bust. It would honestly be pretty lame if Igor said that we weren't getting any news, we spoiler-free folks let our guard down and paid attention, and then he releases something big.

If they've got a scheduled release date, that would be cool if they let us know, but I'm not sure I'd consider that a "boom".

ETA: This article says bust

Am I the only one rolling my eyes at the tweets at the bottom? For ****'s sake people, if it's a summer 2015 release and not a May release, we're looking at a full two years away. Even when I was in the "spoil me rotten for the movie" mindset, I wasn't expecting any news two years out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we were a year or less from release of AOTC and ROTS when we got the titles. What the hell is up with all the whining about Disney "disappointing" Star Wars fans?

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm not disappointed in general nor do I feel betrayed, let down or anything - I simply wanted to get some news, there were none, so I'm a bit disappointed :p

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can get that; that's different from a "Disney ****ed me without buying me dinner first" attitude.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Considering that the D23 expo is biannual and the next one won't be until after Episode VII debuts this was a bit of a wasted opportunity. Then again they may not have wanted to overshadow all the other announcements from the expo which Star Wars would have easily done.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    BUST as it turns out.

But I like big busts . . .

smh (Sorry, I know. Lame.)

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm reminded of the Jeff Foxworthy joke about rotating tires...

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No Disney just raped my not-yet-middle-aged-adulthood! :mad: :p

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    They could have at least told us that this will be "Episode 7", and is not a secret codename for Star Trek 3. :p

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    How 'bout boomin' busts? [face_mischief]