main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camping?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by corran_r9, Jul 17, 2013.

1. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Did someone say they wanna do some camping. Maybe dig a hole and poo in it? Something like that? Lol.. Seriously, if anyone wants to go in the next couple weeks. Let's do it!

2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll be quite busy until September, but I'll be up for some "lux" camping in the Beast in the fall.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I remember having fun on the RMFF camping trips years ago. Wish I could join you guys!

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    If you pick a weekend/dates and a location, we can jump on board or offer alternative dates. When were you thinking?

5. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    I know of an awesome spot near Eleven Mile (Pike National Forest)... Not sure if you Denverites would want to drive that far (about 2 1/2 hours from Denver)

Its free, spacious (no one else around to bother us/ visa versa), and 10 minutes from a nice river..

GPS Coordinates to Camp Site: 38.901819, -105.435647

River //
    [​IMG]

Campsite //
    [​IMG]

6. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Sorry, can't get my motorhome there, and I don't do tent camping.

7. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah, no one seemed interested. Maybe the next time I come back.

8. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    When are you going to be back? I love camping in cooler weather.

9. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I like to camp at Rampart Rang/Jackson creek area,but haven't had the chance this year, or the extra money.(Celebration VII tickets next week) camping might not happen this year for me!

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I think the first RMFF camping trip was at Golden Gate State Park (or something like that). I remember it as being pretty nice. It wasn't too far from Denver, was nice pretty surroundings, good hiking (not that we went :p). If there are 6 people at a site splitting price, it isn't bad money wise.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, it's Golden Gate Canyon state park and FanForced and I will be going mid-September. It is tough to get a group of people together these days...everybody's too darn busy!

12. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    And still can't get the Beast there. No love for motorhomes, I guess....

I'm taking a break in September from trooping and events. I'm not burned out or anything, just need a little time to decompress from all the extracurricular activities I've done this year. I'm still hoping to take the Beast to Estes Park for Elk Fest if anyone wants to tag along.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Alas, our camping trip this weekend had to be cancelled due to the weather and road closures and general weather-related chaos. Sigh... We lost $28 of the $46 two-night reservation. They stop taking reservations after September 30th so we couldn't transfer it to a later weekend. We can always walk-in to the campsite on a first-come, first-served basis after that, so we'll see what the weather will be like in October in Golden...

14. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Hmm, maybe a backyard s'mores party would be the next best thing.

catz44 likes this.
  15. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    You could come camp behind our house. We can give you a unique experience including wild animals, princesses, fairies, and unusual wake up times. ;)