main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    It said that there would be surprises so who knows.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'll agree with you there, that leaves room for interpretation. But surprises could mean anything anything from a live action version of Jungle Book to The Lone Ranger 2.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I can't decipher anything from that schedule either. I still think it's unnecessary to include them if it's just a passing reference and nothing substantial. If anything I think Iger's choice of words "speechless" is a bit odd if he meant nothing was coming. As far as I'm concerned speechless means blown away by something unexpected so I'm expecting to be blown away. :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Around what time would we hear anything?

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We're not for sure. The panel starts in less than an hour from now though and goes on for two hours I think. So if we hear nothing in three hours we know nothings coming. :(

Mange and newdawn12 like this.
  6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I just want the BIG 3 confirmed already! A release date would be cool! Anything else will be gravy!

7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
  8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Well Lucasfilm's acquisition is being talked about now. If they're revealing something it'll be soon.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's just the introduction though. I still expect it to be at the end if they give us anything.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    By gravy I mean release date. I am badly awaiting my countdown clock widget for my computer!!!

Yeah! They must build the suspense. LOL

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Welcoming Lucasfilm to the family!

Alan Horn, "Our priority is, of course, 'Star Wars,'" he says.

BTW -- Any football fans here? this reminds me of chatting while watching the game. LOL

12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, I like your optimistic way of thinking- it greatly decreases your chance of illness/medical disorders, per much research in the medical community; you are likely to live a long, happy life. :)

I just have my doubts given that Iger also stated pretty explicitly that there would be no Ep 7 news.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I was wrong because there was nothing. But hey I enjoyed the diagnosis of a long and happy life. At least I got some good news today. :p

Lee_ likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Indeed!

http://makethechange.com.au/health-benefits-of-an-optimistic-outlook/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...-to-lower-risk-of-heart-attacks-research.html

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Because I am a party pooper I will state that Pessimists have less accidents, especially ones that end lethally.

Also because we go to the doctor more often we live just as long.

leiamoody and TigerCraneFist like this.
  16. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Unless we just assume going to the doctors won't help because our situation is too dismal. ;)

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Precisely, and the fact that you have to go to the doctor to get treated means you are worse for the wear as it is.

Pessimists are right more often, but optimists live longer. This is not opinion, it is a highly validated and researched fact. Arguments to the contrary are only anecdotal.

Pessimists tend to be pessimistic about the medical establishment also, and generally don't go to the doctor more. Even if they did, going to the doctor will not alleviate the stress of a pessimistic lifestyle, they will only treat the resulting damage to the body with medications (medications that have side effects, which harm you along with the condition). There is no substitute for those rose-colored glasses, certainly not the medical establishment. I wish I could wear them.

But anyway, back on topic. I guess there is no announcement after all....:_|

Master Blaster likes this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I know the movie comes out in 2015, that's great, but as a die-hard fan I admit some disappointment and a lack of confidence has creeped into my outlook. Now, as Forrest Gump said, "That's all I'm gonna say about that."

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Not in all studies. That is also a researched "fact".

http://scholar.google.de/scholar?start=0&q=pessimists+live+longer&hl=de&as_sdt=0,5

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I wonder what McDiarmid meant when he said we would get some casting infos soon. Are there any other events this year?

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Who says it has to be on an event? As I've said on the forums before...most likely it'll just be on some random day like how most other castings are made (like Marvel didn't announce the cap casting on the 4th of July like some fans had expected. It was kinda just some random day I barely remember)

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, lets hope for it.

23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah we can hope but lately it seems like Disney is avoiding dates that we are predicting.

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Right, since science is inductive, nothing is 100%, including the most highly confirmed theory that we accept as fact universally; that is one of the reasons that repeated research on the same subject is necessary for any real validation.

However, the vast majority of research would confirm what I was saying. A positive outlook would decrease life stress, and decrease your likelihood to die of stress-contributing medical issues (which are BY FAR the most likely thing to kill you, high BP, heart disease, etc.).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.