main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's a bit different from saying we don't know about 2014 comics though. Books are a very different matter! Who knows what's going on there?

Plus the solicits for November are expected soon, which will give covers for Force Wars and more.

Admittedly I just want the following:
    • Dark Times big arc concluded with A Spark Remains
    • As many TPB volumes as I can get my hands on of Legacy Vol 2 and DOTJ.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm fairly certain that if they don't already, they'll know well before SW fans do.

Keep in mind that the Disney purchase was a done deal by Celebration. There wasn't a single hint about that purchase anywhere during Celebration. None. They kept a tight lid then, and they'll do so now as well. Not to say leaks can't happen - but saying that LFL will be in dark about the EU and we'll all find out at the same time is really, really unlikely.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I agree that they'll know well before we do and will make a concerted effort to shape the release of that information in a way that suits LFL's interests--but I also think that if Pablo says "we don't know yet" as opposed to "I can't talk about it", he's telling the truth.

4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    They probably do know, that's why all we're getting is pre ROTJ, as for Crucible, and Legacy, the work was essentially done, when they found out about the deal. Denning did say, he had to edit the last parts of the book, due to the ST, he probably had to take out Vestara ever contacting the one sith, and any plot threads that would have lead to SOTJ.

As for Legacy, that can stay intact as long as the Solo's, and Skywalker's have kids, and it can have some minor retcons, to make it fit with the ST
    If not, thy'll just replace it with another series.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I just asked the Great God Quay if they know, but all I got was an ambiguous "Better Luck Next Time." Maybe if I ask tomorrow they'll know then.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I think it was Kathleen Kenedy was/is running the show when Clone Wars got canned, and it was showing on Cartoon Network (and even the Clone Wars movie was distributed by Warner Brothers) so I'm assuming, even a small amount, of cash generated by The Clone Wars was probably going to WB/Cartoon Network and the Mouse simply couldn't have that so they cancelled it. Also I think Clone Wars was fairly expensive (it looked crazy expensive too) to produce when compared to most animation. Less a creative decision and more financial.

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not surprising.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That would break my heart...

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hologram, flashback, Vision, Dark Side Cave, evil spirit. It could work.

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm crossing my fingers for Holocron.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    George did once say that he would have loved to do DE, as a sequel trilogy.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Ooohhhhhhh

I need a comic accurate movie adaptation of Dark Empire, high collars and all.

14. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If Palpatine is back, what if that means they reuse the Return of the Jedi concept whereby Obi-Wan Kenobi was reincarnated in the flesh, except instead it is Anakin Skywalker played by Hayden Christensen reincarnated to fulfill his function as the Chosen One?

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    If you could, in the future, out of the kindness of you heart, pretty please put what it is your talking about in your posts with the links instead of just an offsite link ?

Something like: Ian McDiarmid rumored to be in Epsiode 7 *cough(link)*

This way people can click on the link if they so choose, but still know what is going on without setting off into cyberspace on a journey around the web. While reference to where you get your infomation is of value for legitimacy, I'd also take your word for it and join in the conversation without leaving this site.

Thanks.

Edit: And I don't mean to make it seem like I'm specifically picking on Cooper here, a lot of people do this. It would simply be easier to say "Star Wars getting discussed in Business Week - link here" than writing "this is cool" as a link to the article.

Jedi Comedian likes this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Fair enough. It never really occurs to me that some people are unwilling to click a link without context. For my own part, if I have any doubt whatsoever I just hover over it first.

Robimus likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Its fun though, jumping into the unknown sometimes!

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It is funny viewing some of the conversations without knowing what is being discussed, but still :p

20. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Perhaps Ian McDiarmid is the young, fit female character we've been looking for.

21. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If it truly is Dark Empire's premise in some capacity, perhaps one of the young male roles is a young Palpatine. Like the late twenties confident guy.

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

>The ST forums in a nutshell

cdgodin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ^ I wanna see Paton Oswalt's Ep. 7 movie but that'll do.

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

For everyone saying Lucasarts wasn't working on anything

Robimus and Bib Fartuna like this.
  25. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, what do we have here, Shadows of the Sith as a possible title for Episode VII? Jedi Knight III: Brink of Darkness, now that could have been interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.