main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    WOW!
    That's soo cool
    I feel your pain in not going to CE2 Bro.

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Indeed, and Pacific Rim... ROARED!!! Did anyone catch the Han Solo quote? :p

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I guess I missed the Solo quote...what was it?

IKTIOT but I got William Shatner to sign my Bluray copy of "Fanboys" heeee.

4. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I know... sob!!! :_|I missed him because our deck decided it wanted to start tipping and Appo had to rescue it. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

And the quote ... "Don't Get Cocky Kid". [face_cowboy]

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  6. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    ok i read that there have been past issues with this particular organizer so I will not be attending any of the FandomFests in the future either... if need be I will go to comicon or something of the like but this one is a washout for me

7. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    This thing just seems to get worse every year. It was ok the year I went, but I didn't like how they stuck Jeremy Bulloch in the hottest hall there. He took it in stride, but they definitely do not know how to treat their guests. I probably won't go again unless there is just someone I can't miss there.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, that's the way it was for me this year. I hate to support him with my business but Stan Lee! and Firefly! I couldn't help myself. Watch next year he'll bring in someone like Felicia Day and I'll be back again.

9. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    LOL! I understand that completely! However, from now on, it's gonna have to be someone I can't live without meeting. That guy is a plague upon that con.

10. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Funny the local new reported it was a huge success. I wonder who they were talking took???

11. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    It was a success from the viewpoint that it had high attendance and I'm sure made a lot of money...........however, the total mismanagement of the con made it sure that a lot of fans and probably some celebrities won't be back...

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah what he said...it brought crowds downtown, it sold hotel rooms, people ate at the restaurants, the show probably made a lot of money (especially since people paid for tickets and photos and never got them) and it had an economic impact...but were the people there happy?

You'd think from a business standpoint he'd get his act together. If people can't get out and spend money because they're waiting in line for 4 hours or he has to turn people away that want to buy tickets and come in he's leaving money on the table. If it were better organized he'd make even more money!

13. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Dippity-Doodle Head.

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't see it changing anytime soon unless the fan base speaks out and boycotts. This guy has been running this con for 9 years now, and based on what I have read, it gets worse and worse every year. Too bad too, because it has great potential.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  16. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    id like to meet sam witwer... seems he is only on saturday and unfortunately i have to work :(

17. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    IKTIOT but does anyone have pictures from waaaay back when we went to showcase cinemas for the animated clone wars movie?? Mika?? Zannah??

18. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Sooooooo, when are we going to have another SW Trivia contest? Mika has held the trophy almost a year now, maybe over it, not sure. Time to hold a new contest!

19. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
  20. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Yea how about teams this time

lets say Jammies/Mika against the world=D=

ANY TAKERS [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

21. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    actually, I already have a plan. Thinking of doing it Jeopardy style, with a twist. ask 25-50 questions for everyone but Mika, then top two point holders play my version of SW jeopardy against Mika.

22. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    OK just make sure he has ear plugs.... he he he..

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Dang, I was going to go Sunday...where do you see this? I'm looking all over the site I'm sure it's staring me in the face.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I thought as defending champ I got to ask the questions...I have some real good ones I've been saving.