main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Racist & Prejudice Thoughts You've Had Today

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Aug 5, 2013.

1. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I went to the Rez for a Drs appt, noticed some flyers for addiction therapy....freaking fire water.....

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I was driving behind a Lexus that was going 10 miles under the speed limit tonight. When the street finally widened out to a two-lane, I pulled up beside him, and sure enough, there was an Asian guy driving it. Ugh.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was studying for ten hours today, and I'll admit my first thought was to blame it on the French. Here's a thought, Galois and Lebesgue: discover less math. Jerks.

Point Given likes this.
  4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, well, Galois was killed in a duel before he could discover even more maths, so stop picking on him!

5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    A moment ago one of my co-workers asked what I thought we should order for lunch. I replied "Fried chicken, watermelon, and grape soda." He looked at me like I had a screw loose.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I went to check out an apartment for rent, and just as I parked my car a black guy starts hurling verbal abuse at me from across the street so I thought **** this neighborhood. Granted, in the middle of his tirade I gleaned that he thought I was a cop, so maybe he's the racist one. All white people are cops!

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  8. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Personally, I think that sounds like a ****in' delicious lunch and I refused to be condescended by anyone to for enjoying it.

Don't expect me to announce that I'm having it or order it in public though - not because I don't want to be perceived as ordering or enjoying "black" food because it would be a bad thing, but because I don't want to be accused of "cultural misappropriation" or using my lunch to oppress blacks.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  9. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    I just wanted to see what kind of a reaction I'd get, honestly. Racial stereotypes are a huge source of humor where I work...as they should be.

Edit: And yes, I can say without fear of scrutiny that that would be delicious.

Zapdos likes this.
  10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Such intellectual humor. Some real high hanging fruit, there.

11. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought this was funny

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What's Paula Deen really like anyway?

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this didn't happen today, but the other day when i was watching the mariners play the brewers. a japanese player named aoki came up to bat for the brewers, and then later he came up again. when he came up to bat the second time i thought to myself, "i wonder if this is aoki again or a different japanese player". at first i thought this was pretty forward thinking, you know not assuming that the brewers would only have one japanese player, maybe they have a few. but of course what i was really apparently thinking is that all japanese people look exactly the same. seriously wtf, brain.

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998

I had no idea the Grand Wizard of the KKK had an office and a staff. I can see it now:

Mortimer's boss: 'morning Mort.

Mortimer: Morning, sir. White power!

Mortimer's boss: White power to you too, Mort. *pauses* Say, did you finish developing those new TPS report cover sheets? The Birmingham office emailed me this morning asking about them.

Mortimer: Yeah, finished them last night before going to the lynching. But I had an idea about something to add when I was shouting at a Mexican kid on my way home. I'll add that in and then email it back to ya.

Mortimer's boss: Sounds good. White power to ya, Mort.

Mortimer: White power!

Co-worker walks in taking off his hood and robes to reveal a sweaty gym shirt and gym shorts with running shoes on.

Co-worker: White power, everyone! Wow, I don't think anybody has run like that since Krakow back in '38. *sniffs self*, yeesh, I stink.

Everybody: HOT SHOWER! HOT SHOWER! HOT SHOWER!

15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    In rugby my freshman year of college, one of my black teammates apologized sarcastically for something to a new Korean teammate by folding his hands, bowing, and saying, "I so sorry."

It was one of the most hilarious moments I remember from rugby. We were practicing hand skills in a circle (ha, passing the ball, not a circle ****) and someone said something racist to the Korean again, and the same black teammate (who was a senior captain) said, "You know you're part of the team when you're the target of racist jokes."

Which was, well, true. Race and all didn't matter. Black, Asian, White, Indian - we all got mocked and we all mocked and everyone used every slur. No one cared and we all had fun.

The "racially conscious" attitudes expressed by everyone in my new school (higher social class) are honestly vexing - especially because now that I am a tall, straight, white male I have had even faculty make negative comments and offensive assumptipns about me - which they have no qualms in expressing. My experience has been that those people who do not joke about race and consider themselves liberal and enlightened tend to be rather effectively racist themselves, but merely oblivious to it.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Especially if you have short hair.

17. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Relax people. Out of context, you really can't know. So chill.

Jesus...

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... like Dave does TPS... anything.... or calls anybody "sir." :p

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    When I stand in line at my local Chinese restaurant I try to guess what each customer is going to order. I'm easily amused with my people watching. Through experience I always assume the black customers are going to order fried chicken wings and french fries. Lots of hot sauce! Stereotypes like this rarely fail me at this location. I'm spot on 75% of the time.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I stumbled upon a thread that used "prejudice" as an adjective.

I thought "******* homeschoolers".

21. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012

I should really be careful with what I say around here. I too often forget that you'll stride in on your high horse and **** on it.

Darth_Invidious and VadersLaMent like this.
  22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I can think of a few adjectives to describe you. :)

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Hahaha this thread

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I mean racist stereotypes is your work's main source of humor. Talk about laziness and low brow. Go ahead and accuse any critic of "being on a high horse," the real joke is on you.

25. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Boy do I feel terrible.

VadersLaMent and Zapdos like this.