main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You used the downloaded, version, score!! Thanks :D

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yep- you owe me $1.29 ;)

No prob! Sorry I couldn't ID it end to end, though I'm inclined to think that some of that is just original transitions for the medley.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, you could have used the YouTube version :p But as pretty as that piece is, I think it's $1.29 well spent. Even if I wasn't dancing to it I would have considered buying it. You're probably right about the transitions. That might be why I was having trouble telling where one piece ended and another began. The transitions are pretty seamless.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I've been listening through it and trying to fill in the gaps to the list The2ndQuest had created but those parts could be variations or original compositions to bridge between the different tunes. But here we go...

1:18-1:24- At first thought it could be the shooting gallery but sounds more like a sped up version of one of the ocarina songs, Bolero of Fire? Saria's Song?

1:35-1:49- Could be freestyling with Saria's song?

2:34-3:00- ??? That one has got me too. At first it started to remind me of a slower Minuet of Forest but no. Could be an original composition to bridge Gerudo to the Main theme. The more I think about it, the more I agree that it is an original transition.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So now I owe $2.58? :p No big if you can't identify every single piece. What has been identified already is a huge help. I can break up the song enough now to create some passes for it. Sadly it doesn't have lots of silly sound effects like my last one did (Cello Wars) but it does oscillate between fast and slow and has lots of build ups. Already have a costume planned, nice and simple green crop-top style tunic, tan shorts with a brown "belt" attached. Not sure if I'll make the Hylian shield for my back or not. It would have to be really small and made out of soft materials.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Would you like me to try to layer some FX to that track for you? (no charge! ;)). I'd imagine a few Link yells (and, of course, Navi "Hey!"s) would fit well. Maybe open with a "puzzle solved" chime.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Let me think about it. I'm going to try to make this routine a little more "mainstream" and don't know if sound effects would distract from it or help it. I don't think enough people got my Star Wars routine and that may have hurt me. Though, opening it with the puzzle solved (or secret sound as I call it) would be pretty awesome.

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I can't believe they are actually promoting the copy-pasted overworld as one of the game's selling points. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's cool to be able to revisit the same version of Hyrule from arguably the top title in the series. They've more or less revisited or revised the OOT model several times now, so its a nice change of pace while still anchoring a classic that hasn't gotten much elaboration lately.

Plus it allows little neat touches like how that tree grew back, etc.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The reference to a wizard was talking about the events of ALTTP itself. In ALTTP, a wizard named Agahnim (who's really an avatar of Ganon) manipulates Hyrule in order to free Ganon, his magical hatred, and his forces. Speaking of which, I wonder if Ganon will be the villain of A Link Between Worlds.

About the movie thing, CGI movies could flesh out the timeline.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Jedi_Dajuan, can you ask the creater of the youtube video in the comments section concerning the inspiration/source for each section of music? Maybe she or her agent will answer?

Or write her a letter? :) http://www.lindseystirling.com/contact/contact-lindsey/

The early short parts that are hard to identify remind me a little bit of Zelda II. The 26 second gap toward the end, while very beautiful and uplifting, seems to be something original that she composed. If you do contact her and hear back, I'd loved to hear what she had to say.

12. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah, Lindsey Stirling, one of the finest violinists I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, and between her Zelda, Halo, and Skyrim covers, I am a very happy young man.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll give that a shot this evening. And if I hear back I will let you know :)

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I really hope that the original Ganondorf isn't dead for good.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Email sent, we'll see what I hear back. Fingers crossed :)

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ugh can't edit that from my phone. Quest, I'm considering having you add in the treasure chest sound at the end or middle and the secret sound at the start. Still on the fence though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He could always be revived again, just as he was prior to LoZ. Failing that he'll eventually reincarnate like the Ganondorf of Four Swords Adventures.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This is what I want.
    This is what I don't want.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sorry about the double post, but I think it would be interesting if they make another game with NES Link and call it, "Zelda III".

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So if one were to make a minimalist Link costume, what all should it have? So far I have green tunic (or crop top in my case) and light tan shorts with a brown "belt." I've considered making a small shield for my back and/or wrist gauntlets (after a fashion). The gauntlets might be too much of a pain for grip purposes, but I'm not sure yet. Oh and maybe a hat.

Included:
    Green tunic
    Tan pants
    Brown belt

Considering:
    Shield attached to my back
    Gauntlets
    Hat

I'm going with the less is more approach here because more clothes makes dancing very difficult in my case.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Little blue earrings might be a nice touch. And you can't not have that hat. Also, boots that resemble Link's would probably be another easy detail.

Out of curiosity, is this for cosplay, or a more one-off occasion like a Halloween party?

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm doing a pole dance routine to the song I linked up thread. The boots are impossible for me to do, but I was planning on doing brown footies. Will post a pic of my drawing when I'm home again. But hat and earnings are totally doable. Should the earnings be hoops or studs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pole dancer? Sounds fun. :p I'd suggest hoops for the earrings then. And yeah, I see how the boots wouldn't work here.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Are you part of dance studio or something? Will this routine be one act in a larger show? It would be cool to see your final outfit and practice routine before the big show.

I would suggest starting with the hat and maybe taking it off at some point OR maybe you can bobby pin it on so it doesn't fall off if you plan on being upside down at some point.