main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    It's a dodgy deal

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Stalin could be behind the whole thing, I'd still root for them against Miami.

xblackout likes this.
  3. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9544918/miami-heat-chicago-bulls-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-play-nba-opening-night]The[/url] 2013-2014 schedule has been released!

The clichedness of having the Lakers once again play on Christmas aside, why is it that the Lakers will travel to Houston twice before the Rockets play a game out here (February)? Meh! :p At least the tradition of plentiful Sunday home games at the beginning of the season remains intact: 6 weeks in row, from November 3rd to December 8th. I may heavily dislike their Sunday alternate uni's, but ending week with a game is always niiiiiiiiice.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    LeBron got jury duty. Chances he takes half an hour to announce the verdict and airs it on ESPN?

7. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Or that he already made his decision on the case years prior in secret?

xblackout likes this.
  8. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Or that when he gets patted down, the bailiff gets called for a foul?

xblackout and DarthTunick like this.
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004

Souderwan likes this.
  10. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Good ol' Lebron hate. It's so cute. It never gets old.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    DarthTunick likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The name is indeed great, but that pinwheel logo of theirs... damn, I can't begin to positively describe that enough.

Speaking of NBA name & uni related things, these two pieces:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9554965/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nba-uniforms-1-30]Uni[/url] Watch NBA rankings

The Lakers having those terrible Sunday white alternates ought to have knocked them out of the top 5, no matter how iconic the rest of the uni's are. And speaking of Laker uni's...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9586574/los-angeles-lakers-wear-short-sleeve-jerseys-several-games-next-season-source-says]Lakers[/url] set to wear short sleeve uni's next season

no, No, NO! Ahhhhhhh. :p And of course they'll be molded into those terrible white alternates (worn primarily on Sunday home games), which makes this into more of a uni sin (I'd be willing to accept this short sleeved idea (maybe) if they were at least yellow or purple). I may just follow Sunday home games via radio for next season.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ugh. why can't they just let the short sleeve experiment die... it looks terrible.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9601279/tracy-mcgrady-retires-nba-overseas-next]McGrady[/url] retires

I had an argument earlier today with someone, over Tracy's HOF potential... I say he's borderline, and if I had a vote, I wouldn't vote him in. Of course, that's under the current system. Say the HOF were structured as Simmons would like (it really is a bloody good idea), then I'd vote Tracy in as a level 1 HOF'er... he's the perfect player to fall into that category.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9601746/lamar-odom-los-angeles-hotel-dealing-unspecified-drug-problem-source]Something[/url] is wrong with Lamar Odom

I hope that this doesn't get worse for him, and that he gets to a better place before completely hitting rock bottom. Terrible to hear about, considering the all that he's been through already.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    For many years, a lot of fans have been petitioning the Lakers for an official (since these type of jerseys were available to buy, but never worn in a game) black themed alternate uni. Well, it has happened!:

[​IMG].

I think they look great. :D These ought to be the Sunday alternates.

Souderwan likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    That's a sharp looking uni right there! I'm not a Laker fan, but that is good stuff right there!

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    76ers have begun training hard... and by "training hard" I mean they forced Royce White to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dear Kyrie Irving,

I love you..

Sincerely,

Inty

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Welcome to the NBA preseason, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.

xblackout likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Those are some damn fine uniforms.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://deadspin.com/sources-magic-johnson-left-espn-because-of-bill-simmon-1443543687]Magic[/url] no longer a part of ESPN's NBA Countdown... perhaps because of Simmons?

Obviously who the hell knows if this ends up to be true, and of course each of them (on Twitter) spin a different story:

Bill Simmons@BillSimmons
    2h
    My first experience today with someone writing a "sources" report about me that's not true. Part amusing, part horrifying.

Earvin Magic Johnson@MagicJohnson
    1h
    ...Bill Simmons is smart, talented and knows his basketball & Jalen Rose is an emerging TV star who really knows the game! .