main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How is Darth Maul even still alive?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Graves101, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I gotta wonder if a Mysterion video wouldn't have been more appropriate. =b

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Maul must have had help to survive after the reactor fall, the big question that needs to be answered then is who helped him.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Morley

Jokes aside, Maul made it off of Naboo on his own... the bottom of the shaft was a pool. The ruined Sith Lord was flushed out with the waste fluids and broke free from the holding container after it was transported to Lotho Minor.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I guess the current EU explanation works well enough, if anyone had found Maul on Naboo and helped him you wonder how he ended up on Lotho Minor instead of healed up with proper mechanical legs.

And did he choose to hide his existence from Sidious? Surely if he wasn't dead his master would have been able to sense him.

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    AFAIK: When Kenobi cleaved Maul in half, it also severed the connection that he had with his Master.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sith apprentice connections to their masters are located in their pants.HEYO!

7. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC: Sidious felt a great sense of loss, when Maul was cut in half
    I think they using that to explain why the Zabrak was never sought out by his Master.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Its all a bunch of malarky. How in the world he survived is ridiculous, but more important, not finishing that story is worse. Maul still alive makes ROTS a joke and Sidious a dork. Maul can get cut in half, fall endlessly down a shaft and survive, but Sidious can get thrown off the death star and dies (the first time if we take the EU into consideration), but if we don't, he's a goner. Can't even float back up. This show is supposed to be right up there in canon with the movies, so yeah they got end that crap.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    His strength in the dark side kept him alive...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I really want to know how he processed liquid and solid waste.

11. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013
    He is alive because of Lucas brought him back to life.

12. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    /thread

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You too? Oh yeah Season 4 made me have to step away too, because there was just too much BS to sift through. Good thing the S5 trailer was good, bad thing that it lied to me about how cool the season as a whole would be.

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    He survived because of Duct Tape.

He got from Naboo to wherever it was via FedEx.

Lastly, Sith Lords don't use the bathroom, they just explode when they're 50.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Uhh not BS at all, how do you think Anakin survived with his burns on Mustafar, he tapped into the Dark Side and his hatred for Obi-Wan kept him alive, and burning alive is the worst way to die

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Not really because a little while later the DS gets blown to Kingdom Come.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well yes but he also got pretty immediate medical attention. I can buy Anakin keeping himself alive for a short period of time before getting aid but that is not really the case with Maul.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That is a good point, never thought about that

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think Anakin would have lasted very long if Palps hadn't shown up when he did. Hell, if Palpatine had thought that the Dark Side had the power to keep a fatally injured person alive just by being pissed off, I doubt he would have called for that medical frigate.

Random thought though...that would have made two Sith Lords staying alive just due to being pissed off at Obi-Wan. Maybe if Anakin wanted to keep Padme alive that badly, he should have just had Obi-Wan piss her off.

BigAl6ft6 and 07jonesj like this.
  21. eukaryote

eukaryote Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2008
    Well, you can't just not accept tea when it's offered to you by someone - that's just plain rude.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    So what? Palps can't do everything. The idea that Palpatine = omnipotent and omniscient is EU-crap.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

It's a good thing Obi-Wan was never involved in Palpatine's death! Palps would have probably crawled out of the reactor shaft then and there :eek:

Obi-Wan = the Jedi who keeps Sith Lords alive due to their sheer hatred of him.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's his own fault Vader survived. Shoulda have mercy-killed him instead of lecturing him one oh so important last time.

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

To be fair Maul shouldn't have survived being bisected and Vader shouldn't have survived being burned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.