main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Only Episode VII Now?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    As I think we all know by now discussions of Episode VII have split off into the NSA and the SA boards and the Episode VII and Beyond board has now been archived. So as of now there is no area to officially discuss Episode 8&9 or the spin-off films. So can we maybe get a board for the discussion of upcoming films not including Episode 7?

May the force be with you all...

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    At this time, we consider 7SA and 7NSA to be Sequel Trilogy forums - i.e. Episodes 8 & 9 may be freely discussed there within the rules of each forum. As for the spin-offs, they can also be discussed in these forums as well for the time being. We plan to open a new board at some point in the future when there is enough actual discussion happening for the spin-off films.

SithLordDarthRichie and eht13 like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lazy Storm Trooper , FWIW, during the prequel days, each film had its own forum for awhile. Those were archived on the IGN boards, not sure about here, and the PT forum became one forum again sometime after ROTS.

Not sure what the admins plan this time but that's the context that I have.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The old boards are still archived here. You can find them in the Inactive Forums category located at the very bottom of the main page.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 Well since Disney will probably be making Star Wars film from now to forever (or until they stop making money) and thought it would b better if we had an area to talk about future Star Wars movie that are not "officially" announced yet.

EDIT:
    I have seen them before but as as said above Disney will be making Star Wars films pretty much for the foreseeable future.

6. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    The reason there isn't a separate forum for it right now is the same reason there isn't an Episode 9 forum right now: We know a film is going to be made, but that's about it.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I am not saying that we should have SA and NSA forums for Ep. 8 & 9 I just personally thought we should have a forum for other upcoming film that don't have forums yet. Mostly because I thought that we could not post about anything but Episode VII in the SA and NSA forums so I am fine now.