main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit If you could kill one character, who would it be and when?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Droid, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    One character, huh? Hmmm...

I'd love to see what happens in the Prequel Era if Dooku were to die at the end of Attack of the Clones. How would Palpatine recover and move his plans forward? And, without a leader, does the CIS have the stomach for an actual war as a united faction, rather than splintering off and being demolished by the GAR? Also, without a galaxy-wide war to distract them, how long does it take the Jedi to rat out Anakin and Padme's relationship, and what happens when they do?

mes520 likes this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Thus dooming Luke to die alone, in deep space.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Vader kills kid Galen Marek the first time he meets him.

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, I thought they were setting up something with Daala and the Maw too. Seems like a huge missed plot twist opportunity, one that would have better connected the FotJ A plot and B plot...

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    IS THIS ONE GIANT CITY???

Point Given likes this.
  6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    IS THE SHIELD GENERATOR HIT? ARE THE DEFLECTOR SHIELDS AT MAXIMUM?!?

LightsaberAccident likes this.
  7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    But... If Panaka doesn't get used to having Captain Obvious around, he could get irritated of Hissa during the Terrible Glare Incident and may leave him to die. That would mean no Emperor Trioculus and no GoDV series.

You see the horrible future you have created?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    I was so disappointed when Zekk didn't bite it in Star By Star.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Allana, and it would be unexpected and over the top violent, because that's what readers dig according to my survey.

10. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Jacen, and it'd be in-utero. Something like he got strangled on Jaina's umbilical cord or something. I don't even know if that's anatomically possible, but it's Star Wars. I mean, let's face it there is basically an 82' suped up Cutlass Supreme cuttin ass across space with a guy in a vest who has a sasquatch as a partner right??, so...why not??

LightsaberAccident and COMPNOR like this.
  11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    No she would literally die on the first page meaning she would be standing on a piece of durasheet and dies.

12. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Well, as Admiral Wes has already pointed out, that dooms Luke to die alone in the middle of nowhere, so I certainly hope you hate Mara enough to sacrifice Luke just to get her out of the way quickly. Oh, and that wouldn't butterfly the worst Mara appearances in Allegiance and Choices, so your choice doesn't even accomplish its main objective very well.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I was joking. Plus I do like Mara because she gave birth to one of my favorite characters Ben Skywalker.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I cannot stand Mara but I read the Thrawn trilogy in 1999 or so and don't remember specific plot points so how is this: she dies immediately after keeping Luke from dying alone in the middle of nowhere.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Obi-Wan Kenobi doesn't survive his fall on Utapau. No one maims Darth Vader on Mustafar and as a result, we get to see what a fully unleashed Chosen One can do.

"Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

16. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Do you think they were originally planning something like this? We know almost for sure that Abeloth=Mortis wasn't decdied till close to the end, so maybe Daala/Abeloth was one of the original plans?

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    I also wish there was some way to kill Rosh Penin and remain on the light side. It's really doing the galaxy a favor.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I have no information to indicate that was the case. We knew the Luke plotline (Abeloth and the Sith) and the Han and Leia plotline (boring political bull**** and boring Jedi bull****) had to come back together at some point. And because Abeloth was from the Maw and Daala had spent a lot of time in the Maw, I just thought there was some connection.

Maybe the Palpatine-era Imperial weapons testing at the Maw Installation somehow helped to set Abeloth free (i.e. damaged Sinkhole Station before Centerpoint was destroyed). Maybe Abeloth was using Daala in some way. I don't think Daala could have been Abeloth, because we had Daala POV scenes. But I thought there was something there. Alas, no. A Daala/Maw-related plot twist would have been much better than Abeloth posing as Space Aung San Suu Kyi and taking over the Galactic Alliance...

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I would bomb all the clone tanks on Byss.

We've already seen that. It is an bloodthirsty idiot emo Sith who gets his legs and arms cut-off by a more intelligent Jedi.

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Gav and Jori Daragon before they landed on Korriban.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Or Anakin Skywalker if he never turned to the dark side. Jacen melted a guy -- imagine what Anakin could have done with the Force behind him.

22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Boba Fett. He should have stayed dead the first time.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dunno why I didn't think of him earlier!:oops:

On that note: Erk and Odie.

24. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    But theirs was a love story for the ages! :_|

25. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013