main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kathy Kennedy rumored to be next CEO of Disney

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by darklordoftech, Apr 22, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I figured such news is worth a thread.

2. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Hope the rumor becomes reality, then hopefully she'll reinstate Lucasarts and Lucasfilm Animation/Clone Wars.

ARAJediMaster likes this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    At least we know that all these changes weren't Kennedy's. Well, that's what I got from the article anyway...

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't know. I don't think that's very likely if you look at it from a business point of view.

Not only will these potential changes come two years from now (when Iger is set to step down), but why would you reinstate an animation division when you already have a state of the art facility in-house (Disney Animation)? I never like to see people lose their jobs, but wouldn't it make more sense just to throw everything under the same umbrella? I say give it a little more time. Disney will be pumping out a new animated Star Wars show soon enough.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Lucasarts has been dead for years. Disney's just making a stark reality, that the only good Star Wars games for most of a decade, have all come from third party companies, more official.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    She won't be. It's most likely going to be Tom Staggs, who is currently running the theme park business and on very good terms with Iger. He's the most likely successor.

7. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Hope she becomes CEO so she can revitalize the corporation so they can start to make great films that aren't from Pixar or marvel

ARAJediMaster likes this.
  8. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013
    Yeah, that might be nice. But in truth, I’d rather see the EU adapted into television shows or movies. I’m reading Heir to the Empire and I’m liking it so far. If she does become Disney’s new CEO, I’ll ask her to reinstate LucasArts and provide her with the alternate suggestions of adapting Zann’s stories and other’s as well. I think that would be a nicer option for me.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    LucasArts isn't really gone. They're just doing what every other LFL subsidiary has always done: Licensing the rights. And given how good literally every third-party Star Wars game ever has been compared to anything LA has made in the last six years, that's not bad.

Andy Wylde and darklordoftech like this.
  10. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013
    Well, I’d rather they keep the company intact. I mean LucasArts held something dear to me as well as many Star Wars fans here. And kicking out 150 employees? No way is that flying with me! If they just would have kept the company intact until 1313 (and if it was deemed), that might have okay with me. But it isn’t. I’m sorry if you don’t agree.

And I. Don’t. Want. The sequel trilogy. Made. At all.

11. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Where does these rumors come from? Anyhow Bob Iger just got a renewed contract so even if Kennedy is taking over Disney it's not going to happen anytime soon

12. Zatanna

Zatanna Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2013
    So, LFL's CEO may take over Disney after Disney bought LFL? Oh, the irony...

13. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I like the idea of this happening. Keep it all in the family. Go get em team Lucas!

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Kennedy for the win...

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

All is as I have foreseen...

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely Lucas as one of the major shareholders on the board would be more likely to be CEO than Kennedy.
    Although I suppose now she is head of a division of Disney she has the ability to move up within the company

17. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    Watch your back, Disney. Kathy Kennedy is rumored to be a sith lord, who plotted to overthrow George for the longest time.
    But then her secret apprentice married him, and got him to step down without a fuss. Love. Love. Love. All ya need is love. :p

18. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but all those things you didn't want to happen? Actually happened. Sorry

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It was his plan all along and he secretly controls Kennedy who would control disney so George would still be in charge perfect.