main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All CVII related news here!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Jul 28, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Hope Chris can make it!

If not, we'll have to do a room of awesomeness with myself, Grimby, Brandon, Matt from Austria and possibly Johnny from Baltimore!

nnaydolem likes this.
  2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If we do that, I'm hoping we can upgrade to one of the 2 bedroom suites at some point. They're not available now though.

OK, so it sounds like it doesn't matter whether you choose the Hilton or the Marriott, you still have to exit the building and cross the street to get inside the convention center. Either way, that's 1000x closer than where we stayed in Orlando. That hotel that was "right next door" to the convention center was a good half mile walk to the front doors.[face_plain]

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I'm staying at the Marriott for 6 days,reserved my room earlier this morning.

4. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    That's o.k. , I am going to take Cory to Disneyland instead; but would have loved to get a Jedi Knight badge.

catz44 likes this.
  5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am good with either and since we can request a fridge hehehe...it's the little things :)

SO EXCITED!

6. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I don't think it matters which hotel you stay at. We chose to stay at Hilton because it worked best for us ;)
    We don't all HAVE to be at the same hotel ;). There are plenty of other times to see each other :)

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Um, Hiton has mini-frigs. You have to ask for it, but I got one. The walk from the Hilton is a bit closer, but the Marriott is still close enough. It really doesn't matter which hotel you're at as long as we all have fun. Disneyland, here I come!

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!

9. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    If anyone wants to get rid of an extra Jedi Knight badge ,please let me know!

10. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    HILTON IS SOLD OUT ALREADY!!!

I have no idea if they're going to open up rooms again. I do know that the 501st Legion is working on a block of rooms somewhere, so maybe it is the Hilton. Who knows, I'm just speculating while my jaw drops in awe in how quickly the rooms are going!

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    When I looked a couple hours ago, it was just certain days that were sold out, which seems weird.

- Sent from my R2 unit

nnaydolem likes this.
  12. Luxo Jedi

Luxo Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2013
    Got my 4 day passes, and room in the Sheraton ! =D= Now the hard part.....waiting.

nnaydolem likes this.
  13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    The hard part is figuring out which costumes to make and finding the money to go so you can have FUN. We tried for the VIP passes, they sold out in mins. so that leaves us with additional fund-age to have fun.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    FanForced is strongly considering going!

nnaydolem, catz44 and FanForced like this.
  15. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    She should totally go!!!!

FanForced and nnaydolem like this.
  16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    LINDA COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FanForced likes this.
  17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Y'all have fun.

18. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    The hotels open up some more rooms/dates and I was finally able to get in. I'll be at the Anaheim Marriott too.

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003

Yeah, so I'm a tad bit behind in all of this. :p

At the end of CVI, I was thinking that would be my last Celebration. There wasn't a whole lot I found exciting going on with SW anymore. I went to CVI to see and hang out with RMFF, but that was something I could do in Denver at Starfest - where it is much cooler and less humid! I was certainly at my limit for going to Orlando.

Now CVII is in SoCal, not across the country. And a new movie will be coming out. When the movies were first announced, I was on the fence: could be awesome, could be terrible. I'm somewhat more hopeful on that now, given that JJ Abrams will be directing.

So with probably a decent amount of excitement for a new movie, a shorter travel distance, better weather and much of the RMFF going... I'll probably end up going as well.

However, I'm not really keen on giving them my money over a year and a half in advance, so I'll probably hold off on getting a ticket till a bit closer. (Seriously, why would tickets go on sale so ridiculously early? All I can think of is that they want the money early for some reason; but given the whole Disney connection I can't really see why they would need it.)

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    So...guess who has two thumbs and scored two Jedi Knight tickets? This guy!

FanForced will be going and using the other one so she doesn't have to stand in lines...the bane of her existence! ;)

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    A couple reasons: First, you're giving your money to the convention people - ReedPop - not Disney. They'll gladly take your money as soon as possible so they can start using it for things like booking guests and putting money down on the convention center. Second, they know Star Wars fans will buy tickets this far out - which was proven again as we saw a mad dash for tickets and hotel rooms the second they went on sale. I'm not sure exactly what the relationship is between ReedPop and Disney, but I've got to assume ReedPop isn't getting a bunch of money up front from Disney to set up the convention.

nnaydolem likes this.
  22. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm a bit hesitant to buy tickets this early myself, for the only reason as it's 20 months away and who knows what's going to be happening then. For example, I've been married for only 21 months.

The room is easy as there's very little invested in it. The only worry is a sell-out, but I don't think CV or VI ever sold out.

catz44 likes this.
  23. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    ReedPop is not affiliated with Disney or LFL. They were hired by LFL to handle tickets and convention volunteers. They are a seperate company. It's VERY common to sell tickets to these types of events as early as possible to secure guests fees, convention center fees, printing of tickets/passes (which are really fancy for the Celebrations), other marketing materials, payroll for paid staff (remember, LFL hired these guys to run the convention), website fees, and many other behind-the-scenes upfront expenses. SDCC and DragonCon usually sell out a couple years in advance! We're just used to the tickets going on sale 12 months out, not 18 months in advance. With the buzz of Disney takover and the new movie, this could very well be sell-out (CV and CVI didn't really have anything to celebrate except us geeks coming together). I'm still holding off on tickets to see if I get an exhibitor pass, but I would suggest getting yours (if you haven't already) sometime next year before the prices go up. We're still in no hurry of a sell-out, but don't wait until the last minute either. I've got a "good" feeling about this....

nnaydolem likes this.
  24. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    what does it take to get an exhibitors pass?

25. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Sorry, Jason, I should have explained more carefully. The exhibitor pass I'm talking about is for R2 BC members only who'll be volunteering a considerable amount of time in the droid room. I got one at CV but not at CVI (there were twice as many passes at CV). For those who want to spend the whole time working the convention, Reed usually has volunteer badges for free. However, the last two celebrations you had to buy your ticket, then if you put in so many hours during the convention they refunded you for what you paid (although some never got their refunds and some got theirs like a year later).

Exhibitor passes are reserved for those running booths in the exhibit hall (manning their table every minute of the convention) and for the big groups with their own rooms (R2 BC and 501st mainly). I don't know if FanForce will have exhibitor passes for their table or not (if there is a table). Normally fan tables in the exhibit hall only get two passes total, but each group can negotiate with Reed and LFL. RMFF is a local chapter of a bigger chain, so there will be no free passes for RMFF (just for the bigger chain).

I hope this explains exhibitor passes. Look into volunteer passes instead when announcements are made about them. Sign up for the newsletter at www.starwarscelebration.com (the complete and official source of all things SW Celebration).