main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008

Well, I seem to remember there being multiple banners/themes on the Temp boards... perhaps they just haven't been implemented yet?

2. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Now, if I remember correctly, you could not see the title of the latest thread without entering the forum before the Move. However, since you can see the title of the last thread without even entering the forum with these new forums, there rises a potential problem of people who do not want to be spoiled of Ep. 7 and beyond being accidentally spoiled due to being able to see the last thread's title of the SA forum. So, since I just realized this, I thought that I would give you, the mods, a heads up and enough time to be able to find the solution to this problem.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Do markup codes not show up on Tapatalk? I went to my settings and BBCode is on but it still shows up like this:

[​IMG]

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Custom codes, i.e. the ones from the old boards we had to add, don't work on Tapatalk.

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    How do I un ignore someone?

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Grimby likes this.
  7. garrwars

garrwars Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2011
    Where is discussion about Star Wars themed Disney Parks attractions happening?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's an old one here in the SW Community forum. If you hunt around in the same forum you might find others on ride suggestions, etc.

9. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Is there a discussion thread or fanclub thread for the RPG game Star Wars: Edge of the Empire?

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Reminder: The purpose of this thread is to ask questions pertaining to the technical aspects of the boards.

If you are trying to find discussion on a particular subject - for example, the RPG game Edge of the Empire - the easiest way to find what you're looking for is to use the search function at the top of the page. Allow me to demonstrate:

Enter the keywords into the search field...
    [​IMG]

Try searching titles only...
    [​IMG]

Uncheck "Search this forum only" to search the whole site...
    [​IMG]

Search!...
    [​IMG]

Feast your eyes on the results...
    [​IMG]
    (Protip: The second one from the bottom is probably the one you're looking for.)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Perhaps a general questions thread for noobs who are trying to find their way around and don't know where else to ask would be helpful.

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, but people seem to miss it... perhaps making it easier to locate or more informative would be helpful.

14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't know how it could be made easier to locate short of redesigning the entire front page layout. WNU is the first forum on the list, and the category is auto-expanded unless you've intentionally hidden it. Anyway, I don't really think that's the issue. I think the issue is just that this thread title doesn't specifically say it's for technical questions. That's now been corrected.

benknobi1 likes this.
  15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I also think having a "ask your general questions here" thread would be beneficial. But it should be pinned at the top of WNU.
    It would minimise some of the confusion IMHO, and give the newbies a chance to learn before they start asking in the wrong threads/forums.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, if you look at WNU, the threads look like this

Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hug A Newbie!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    TEH Mole!!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Social Party!!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!
    Pillow Fight!!
    Hi I'm New!
    Hi I'm New!

There are links to some informational threads at the top, but they're in a light color, not bolded, and easy to miss. There are no real visible informational threads, and no Q & A thread.

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I realize there is a thread for star wars cosplaying and such but is there a thread for in general cosplaying for people who wanna discuss cosplaying but of non-star wars character?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    *points to thread title*

technical questions in here. ;)

That being said, I don't cosplay so I couldn't tell you an answer to the question.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

If you have any more questions like this (non-technical queries) about the boards feel free to PM myself, the WNU mod Skiara , or ask in WNU. :)

All the non-SW costuming threads are locked right now. There's a thread on planned costumes for 2013. That's about it. It's not really a discussion thread though.
    If you'd like to start a discussion on a specific costume or just cosplaying in general I'd recommend you PM the forum mods Miana Kenobi or Commander-DWH.

Skiara and Grimby like this.
  20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, and that is when I click on the "edit" key and the window comes out, I can't see what I have written previous, it is just a white screen where I'm going to edit my post. (The window where one write stuff. Not the whole window) So I have to click on "more options" before I can see that. Can somebody please tell me what is the problem here?

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Are you using Firefox version 23? If so there is a thread on the problem here in Comms. If not, what browser/version are you using?

22. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Yes, I'm using Firefox version 23.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I too can't edit my posts. The edit box comes up but I just get a white background with nothing to edit. Firefox version 23 and it automatically updates itself so changing back to 22 is useless.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the other thread after posting this with how to get around the issue until the Xenforo update.

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    How come we don't have the option of putting images for our signatures?

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Because image signatures are an eyesore that kill loading times for users on slower connections.

benknobi1 likes this.