main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

1. I don't care

20 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Hm, neat

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. OMG COOPER IS MY HERO

44 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Shame on you, CooperTFN, everyone should know by now that Gavin Darklighter was Biggs' younger cousin.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...son of a PANTS. *taptaptap* I mean, I don't know what you're talking about. [face_whistling]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Those dastardly Bothans also hacked your account and typed a swear word. Worry not, my friend, I have fixed it. :p[face_batting]

Which is amusing to me, as you know that I have gone on record that in real life I swear like a sailor on shore leave. [face_devil]

--Adm. Nick

Zeta1127 likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Oh, it didn't bother me. I just loved the chance to edit a post. :p

Great article, BTW, on the Bothans. You brought up one point that really stuck with me. Namely, that if Uncle George didn't use them in the Prequels or TCW that they might be one of those rare instances where he really didn't think the reference to them in ROTJ meant anything other than "these guys are spies".

--Adm. Nick

Zeta1127 and CooperTFN like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Which you're right is a major missed opportunity - where were the Bothans when the Separatist crisis blew up?

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That is awesome! Congrats, Coop. The group you have assembled and the caliber of article being produced is making waves, in a good way. :D

--Adm. Nick

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    We're just getting started.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    For the record, no, we're not, we're doing something totally different from what they're doing.

Anyway, I welcome ideas for more cross-pollination in discussions, whether that be reactions in this thread, or creating new threads if the clamor around a particular post is strong. ETE is a very different format from the boards here, but to the extent that the pieces prompt a desire for discussion, I would very much like to see that discussion blossom.

11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Today, twitter. Tomorrow, the world.

Also, making waves. Teehee.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Making waves? You aquatic dork ;)

edit: I should read the posts above mine and realize people already said that. d'oh.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    For the record, I was being diplomatic. :p

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Well geez all this positive stuff and then my opinion piece is uhh...probably not what people want to see. Here goes anyways! Let me know what you think in the comments or on here! Thanks!

Episode VII and the Death of Luke Skywalker

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good article s65horsey but I think Luke will live past Episode 7. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's deaths are the same! We do not have another Yoda-esque death. That will be Luke's death, not a Obi-Wan rip-off in Episode 7.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm pretty much with FS on this, my own suspicion is Luke will die in Episode IX.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It'd be interesting if the sequels took a page from Truce at Bakura and have Luke still be suffering from the aftereffects of Palpatine's lightning show.

18. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I can definitely see them waiting til IX to milk his character but he isnt actually old like Yoda so I dont like the concept of him going out like Yoda unless the time jump is a lot longer and Luke is 80 or 90. Even then though I always like my heroes to go out in a blazevof glory so I'd much prefer a battle death for him.

Mobile sock of s65horsey

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know the series loves symmetry and all and I expect to see some more things like this in the ST but another Mentor dies in the first movie of a trilogy? Yawn. I like Luke a lot so I might not want to see his death just yet but Yoda, Yoda died in Episode 6. Why not have a death symbolizing that? I expect the main character to have a Master who will report to Luke or something.
    It will be different from Obi-Wan. Plus I want to see Luke on Tatooine in Episode 9 with the Binary Sunset in the background and Luke disappears into the Force.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, how about this - it's the climatic battle, against the returned Darth Plagueis.

Plagueis, along with a dark-side army, is holed up in a fortress on the planet Bggr All, so they have to assault it. Luke and R2 are in an X-Wing, get shot down, so they have to head to the fortress on foot. En route, they get hit by a squad of Plagueis' troops, fight ensues, R2 dies. Luke gets to the fortress alone. The others catch up but not before Luke has cut a swath through the army and wounded Plageuis, who was able to defeat Luke briefly and then escape.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If the sequel trilogy was closer to the OT then yeah I can see that happening (maybe in a tv series between the OT and ST?). It was an interesting point in the Lord of the Rings that
    Frodo was affected yearly by the Nazgul blade or was it Shelob's poison(?) after the trilogy was over

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It was the Nazgul blade, not just any Nazgul blade either but the one wielded by the Witch-King.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If done properly, it could work. Not sure how much I care for Luke dying in battle though. If Palpatine couldn't kill him in ROTJ then I can't seeing him die in battle.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Only reason Palpatine didn't kill him in Jedi is Vader intervened, without that Luke was crispy fried. With it, he was still deep-fried!

ma_petite and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. Wasn't sure. I seem to remember one of the two acting up yearly and I wasn't sure if I should spoiler tag it or not. Better safe than sorry.