main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The only Star Wars book for which Harrison Ford refused to sign on.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    In all seriousness, it's no more ridiculous than the whole "Humans and Twi'leks can now interbreed even though that one ep of TCW that could easily be explained without it" retcon or the whole backstory of how Spar exists in the EU. I mean, it's cheesy and weird and such, but it fits just fine with the wackier EU retcons.

Not to derail the thread, of course.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I feel like the EU introduces this stuff arbitrarily on occasion. Like the lightsaber colors being reduced to green and blue after AOTC. For some reason it really bothers me, especially when TCW starts showcasing different colors. I really doubt Lucas enforced anything and TPTB just decided to do it.

5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Like I said, not really inherently more ridiculous than a bunch of other EU retcons. Although I have to give Halagad_Ventor mad props for the sheer ballsy ingenuity of creating Spar and his backstory, whatever it might be post-Order 66.

EDIT: and, the Even Pielll bit is technically only Lit-Canon, i.e. we made it up as an unofficial retcon.

Halagad_Ventor likes this.
  6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999

Lucas could give a crap for the most part, but TPTB started enforcing it because he had said it was so.

7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    This book is about Luke, Leia and some Yuzzem (no, not those Yuzzum) searching for the Kaiburr crystal, the galaxy's first 4G hot-spot powered Force relic; you may be wondering what it has to do with the Kyber memory crystal, but I sincerely hope not, because that's just unnecessarily confusing.

AusStig and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Did he really, though? Yoda never visited Dagobah before ROTS anymore because of an ambiguous line in the screenplay. Palpatine lied about dying before ROTJ because I'm not even sure why. Maybe Lucas mandating that the prequel Jedi could have no lightsaber colors other than green and blue was actually just the fact that the prequel Jedi in the movies only have lightsabers that are green and blue.

9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I agree and don't believe that Lucas mandated any of those things. I think this is arbitrariness on the part of TPTB in executing Lucas' perceived will.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    My understanding was that he did in fact say both of those things at one point, and just changed his mind later. And even if he never overtly mandated that lightsabers had to be green or blue, after seeing scores of them at Geonosis, I think the lower echelons could be forgiven for attempting to nudge the EU further in line with that going forward.

11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    "Hey Leia, remember that time on Mimban, before I found out you were my sister?"

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Novel punched for a cheapie sequel probably just for copyright and branding purposes wherein Lucas tosses in that wacky crystal idea that had been kicking around the drafts of Star Wars and he wanted to put it somewhere, happily it turns out to be a decent read.

Gamiel likes this.
  13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I did hear that at the time of the OT the Lightsabers were just gonna be blue for the goodguys and red for badguys but that got changed to green at RTJ because the blue saber was blending into much with the sky and couldnt be seen.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This book proving once again that no one does incest better than Starwars

15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Episode 5, made on the cheep

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Lies! We lost Mara Jade through this monster!

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The first EU novel before there was an EU!

I think? I'm not good at keeping track of which book came first, just that this wasn't near as good as the Han Solo novels.

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Remember that time when Jaime and Cersei crash-landed on Mimban...

RC-1991 and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, "Splinter" came first, followed by "Star's End". And I think the only EU that predates "Splinter" is the Marvel comics and the Russ Manning newspaper strip.

20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey, I have an idea of a Star Wars novel that is a new story with new worlds, villains and mystical Force stuff, and people would always remember it as the one where Luke and Leia have cuddly scenes.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Star Wars novelization, with its various extra scenes (many of which were cut content from the movie) can be thought of as EU.

There's also Star Wars Poster Monthly- which goes right back to 1977:
    http://www.theforce.net/timetales/misc/arcana/arcana.asp

22. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    I didn't think of the novelization as EU, but you're right about the Poster Monthly. I'd forgotten about that, even though I have a compendium release of several issues.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelisations do expand the universe of the movies, at least.

24. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    Oh, my description of "Splinter":

Lord Vader says, "It's getting to be ri-g*****n-diculous!"

25. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    And Pellaeon too!

Random Comments likes this.