main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I took your hint and re-read the passage in the ROTS novel relating to Anakin's conversion in Palpatine's office. It addresses and illuminates the question I posted earlier. As you may remember... it describes in a beautiful and sinister way how Anakin disassociates from his conscience, once and for all. Thanks for the reminder.

I have not read the the TESB novel ....yet.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013

you're mistaking Anakin's POTENTIAL with how powerful he actually was. When him and Kenobi got into the "force push battle" he wasn't even able to overcome that...and don't say he wasn't giving it his all..he was enraged and trying to kill Obi-Wan..he wouldn't have held back.

Yoda would DESTROY Anakin almost as fast as Sidious destroys Obi-Wan. "force push battle" with Yoda? Smeared chosen one on the wall. (not literally but you get the point..Anakin is NOWHERE near as powerful as Yoda...at the time of Mustofar..even as engorged on the DS as he was..again..he was on par with Obi-Wan the entire duel.)

So it would have ended up like said above (forget by whom) Sidious handily kills Obi-Wan. Yoda hands Anakin a nice lava-bath or Lightsaber enema. Yoda goes to confront Sidious. Battle plays out pretty much exactly the same. Natalie would still have died in child-birth in between Yoda's Anakin and then Sidious duels. Yoda hides on Dagobah. The only difference is....Bail Organa possibly taking both twins..since Yoda may not even know about Lars..much less decide to drop Luke off there.

3. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I think it would have depended upon Anakin's emotional state when facing Yoda. If his emotions were out of control as they were when he faced Obi-Wan, I would say that Yoda would have easily defeated him. But an Anakin with his emotions - especially his anger - in control, I don't know.

I suspect many fans like to believe that Yoda will always easily defeat Anakin in a saber duel. Yet, at the same times, many of these same fans never seem to doubt that Anakin in ROTS was capable of defeating Palpatine. And I find this confusing. Anakin is capable of defeating Palpatine, but not Yoda?

I think you're overlooking the fact that during his duel with Obi-Wan, Anakin's emotions were out of control. Out of control emotions can only make one more powerful on a very limited basis. In the end, one's emotions can be a detriment. Anakin's emotions cost him his battle against Obi-Wan.

kainee likes this.
  4. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013
    Sidious would mop the floor with Obi Wan in short time.

5. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013
    Sidious would mop the floor with Obi Wan in short time.

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Not sure if this is the right place, but is there currently a "Favorite vehicles of the PT" thread?

7. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013
    -----that's nice but when did I say that? I didn't. Anakin, in RotS, would have had no chance against palpatine either. for the same reason he'd have no chance against yoda. and I'm hardly a "fan" of Yoda. He's fine, I don't dislike him...but I do think he's overrated. Though I do also believe, at the time, he was the most powerful jedi master. Still. I never even hinted that Anakin would have had a chance against Palpatine...so that point is moot in regards to my comments-----
    -----His emotions had really nothing to do with his losing the fight. It was his arrogance and overconfidence that cost him the battle. Not his anger or rage or any other emotion. Still even enraged he couldn't over-come Obi-Wan...yes he pushed Kenobi back almost the entire fight..but that's because it was an aggressive style vs a very defensive style. At no point does it really look like Anakin has any more of an upper hand than Kenobi did until they were secluded on the small "lava raft" when Anakin tells Obi that "this is the end for you my master" (or whatever.) Then his aggressive style was likely to overcome Obi's defensive style because Obi had no where to go until he lucked out at them coming near shore and he was able to jump off the "lava raft" to shore. It was (again) at this point that Anakin's arrogance and overconfidence caused him to lose the fight by him trying to jump over top of Obi-Wan...his emotions had nothing to do with it.----[/quote]

8. Tollhouse

Tollhouse Jedi Padawan

Aug 22, 2013
    Yeah actually come to think of it. If the battles were switched up, we would be losing a lot of epicness. XD Although I think Anakin could probably hold his own against Yoda. He was able to defeat Dooku so I think it's not too uneven.

9. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    What feeling do you think Obi-Wan felt as he stood helpless behind a force field as he watched his Master die in front of him by the hands of Darth Maul?

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Very upset" springs to mind.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    So much potential anguish he has endured, perhaps a test by the Force itself to see what remaining attachment may remain in his heart...? Reading your question I also recall in TCW TV series Darth Maul executing the Duchess Satine in front of him, as he was made to helplessly stand-by and watch.

Your perspective?

Also...the tenderness and deep love with which he held his dying Master in his arms and promised to fulfill his dying request to "train the boy."

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I think I missed some of the episodes with Darth Maul in TCW. I guess I was rewatching TPM and wondered did he feel anger for not helping his master or perhaps a feeling of failure for not stopping it.

13. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I also have another question how come people are so much hating on young Anakin Skywalker because they felt he was really whiny and stuffs? I mean I don't really feel he was that whiny as people have said he was very courageous at points throughout the film doing what he would do as he got older and put himself in harms way against peoples orders. And the parts where I may think he was whiny was when he missed his mother and you would all be a bit whiny if you had to leave your mother a slave to go on a big adventure to become a better person in your life and etc.

14. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I don't remember Obi-Wan giving into any feelings of anger at the time, even when slicing through Maul he seemed centered and composed.

Do you felt like he could have done something more to prevent it?

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well he could have force ran through that corridor of force fields so he was pass them and wouldn't get stopped by them so he could help his master defeat Darth Maul.

16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't see one in the first 5 pages, when using the search nor do I see it in the index.
    So I'd say no.

I think there's one in Saga for favourite vehicles of the Saga.
    Edit: Evidently I'm imagining things. There isn't one.

They feel he was. It's just their opinion. I disagree and I personally think your points are very valid, but that's not how everyone else feels.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Admiral Volshe For me I am just someone who takes the prequel trilogy for what it is an interesting trilogy and out of the trilogy my fav. is Revenge of the Sith. Order 66 gets me every time I watch that scene as the Clone Troopers kill there jedi generals.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Why does Obi-Wan's hair appear wet, slicked-back in the elevator scene in AOTC, like it was on Kamino, yet in the next scene with Jar Jar screaming that he was so happy to seein himsa, it's not?

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The elevator scene was a pickup, shot several months after principle photography. He had a natural beard during principle photography, but he shaved for another role later on, so they glued on a fake beard for the pickups.

Revanfan1 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Not sure about Yoda vs Anakin, after all Dooku held his own against Yoda and Anakin beat Dooku single-handedly. But of course, Dooku beat Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan beat Vader, so it seems fairly relative. Yoda vs Anakin would interesting to see, but I'd say Yoda has a good chance of winning here. But Yoda never trained Anakin either, so he doesn't know all of Anakin's moves like Obi-Wan did. It would be very interesting to see indeed.

As for Obi-Wan vs Palpatine, well....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, Obi-Wan's not walking away from this. He might do better than Mace's posse, maybe he lasts a full thirty seconds, as opposed to Agen Kolar's zero and Kit Fisto's five. Yoda had to run from Palpatine, uncloaked and weaponless. Obi-Wan doesn't stand a chance. Yoda himself admits it.

Yoda: Strong enough fight this Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will and painfully.

minnishe likes this.
  21. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Obiwan and Anakin would've been eliminated very quickly, probably leaving Yoda and Sidious to duke it out later. OT would've been much less interesting that way though.

22. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Yoda would have killed Vader by throwing Padme's unconscious body at him.

Obi-Wan would have killed Sidious by deflecting his lightening back at him until he dissolved into a puddle of bantha poodoo.

Cynicalx likes this.
  23. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Fantasies are so interesting.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Without fantasies, none of us would be here.

kainee likes this.
  25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan would have been sliced into tiny little pieces if he'd confronted Palpatine.

Yoda would have just thrown Anakin into the lava like a rag doll before Anakin could complete his first attack.