main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Looks good so far

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Psmoke, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Hey how's it going folks? I am new obviously just introducing myself. I am a Star Wars fan obviously and have been since I was a kid watching the original trilogy. I am obsessed with the new movies 7-9 and google "star wars ep 7 news" at least once a day. I am currently reading dark force rising, the second book of the thrawn trilogy and enjoying it. I look forward to discussions with you all.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards, Psmoke!

If you haven't checked it out already, I recommend stopping by our EU Community and Literature boards. It's a nice crowd and they have some interesting discussion, as well as fanclubs and social threads.
    The Spoilers Allowed forum is also a good place to go.

If you would like any help or have a question for us, ask in this thread. It's here for you!

What would you say your favourite film is?

Psmoke likes this.
  3. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks a lot admiral :) Im looking forward to digging in deep within the forums. My favorite film....hmm. Hard to say really. As far as Star Wars goes I love the original trilogy because I grew up watching them but I am not in the prequel hating crowd either. I enjoyed episode 3 the most out of the prequel trilogy and probably ROTJ as far as the original trilogy. I love all three of the originals so its a hard choice lol

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not one for favourites either, they're all such good films!
    It's a close race for all of them. :)

Your avatar is great, by the way.

Psmoke likes this.
  5. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Psmoke: Failte Nua Duine. Glad to have you with us. "New Films" is my section, so feel free to touch base if you have any questions or concerns in there. I would encourage you to check out the entire site as well. Get involved, have a brilliant go on here, and should you require any assistance don't hesitate to @.tag one of us in here.

Psmoke likes this.
  7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, if you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Psmoke likes this.
  8. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks much ACOD I appreciate that

9. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks, much appreciated JediFalcon. Will do.

10. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    Welcome to the JC forums, Psmoke !! :)

Psmoke likes this.
  11. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Thank you Dark Lordess :)

TheDarkLordess likes this.
  12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Psmoke! :)

You've found a great place to get news about the new movies and to chat about whatever detail of SW you want. :)

Just a quick note:

If you like to quote multiple people from the same page, you just need to hit "reply" from all the people you like to quote in a row. The quotes will pop up in your quick reply field and you can add your text then. If people are from different pages, you can do the same (hitting "reply"), but you need to do the "copy & paste" dance: copy your quick reply field with all the added quotes, switch the page and then paste everything into the currently empty quick reply field of the new page. After that you can hit "reply" to quote more people again.
    This avoids double posting, which can be counted as spam at some point. Plus it looks better simply. ;)
    In addition, if the post isn't too long ago, it's often enough to just tag a person (like Skiara or like I did in the beginning of this post with your name). This way your post won't get too big with all the quotes in it and the person you tagged will get a note as well. That makes it easier to read. But if you need to quote someone, it often helps to put off everything that's not needed to get your answer.
    If you like to test it, feel free to use the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/practice-markup-codes.5092339/]Practice[/url] Markup-Code. It's the best place for testing things like that. :)

Keeping that in mind...

Have a nice stay and see you around posting! :D

13. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
  14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Well done! ;)

(And... You're welcome! :) )

15. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, Psmoke!

Great to have you here - please get stuck right in, there's so much happening out there, your social life will vanish in no time thanks to this place!

Just shout if we can help, but don't be afraid to get stuck right in! :D

Enjoy your time here and see you around the boards.

[​IMG]