main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey, Man of Steel had commentary. "Krypton is superior to Earth" is commentary. So is "kneel before Zod or he'll throw your ass into a building."

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    But MOS had incredible commentary. When darkness shadows everything, when the chips are down, when the future looks bleak, just break your enemy's neck and all will be well.

Hit Girl would.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey, Juliet316, there are an increasing amount of Ken Cuccinelli bumper stickers showing up in South Carolina and North Carolina. I've seen at least 10 cars passing through traffic in downtown Charleston, and my colleague noted a few when she returned home to Charlotte.

Unbelievable that this vermin is gaining traction. Is Terry a viable enough candidate to beat him? I get the feeling that many won't take him seriously, since he's essentially ridden the Clinton coattails to fame.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I hope Terry's viable enough to beat him. I'd rather not turn into nothing more than a human incubator under Cuccinelli.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    its me. im hitler

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Hitler Hitler.

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Cuccinelli would lose by 30-40 points in many states.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    IS THIS REAL???

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie withdrew from consideration as a Presidential candidate today after becoming embroiled in what a leading Republican strategist called “a career-ending empathy scandal.”
    After signing a law barring licensed therapists from engaging in so-called gay conversion therapy, Mr. Christie stunned his fellow Republicans by seemingly expressing compassion for gay children, thus disqualifying himself from any further role in the G.O.P.
    “Showing empathy for gays or children would have been bad enough,” says Republican strategist Harland Dorrinson, one of many party leaders who called for Mr. Christie to withdraw. “But empathy for gay children is a flat-out betrayal.”
    In a brief statement to reporters, Mr. Christie expressed remorse for what he called “my unfortunate and ill-considered display of understanding for people different from myself,” and urged the people of New Jersey to remember “my strong record of cutting funds for schools and the elderly.”
    While Mr. Christie might try to regain his fellow Republicans’ trust by vetoing more assault-rifle bans, G.O.P. strategist Tracy Klugian says that the governor does not deserve another chance, citing his “dangerous flirtations with compassion” in the past.
    “After Hurricane Sandy, Chris Christie worried a lot of us with his recklessly sensitive behavior,” says Mr. Klugian. “But we really thought he had put this problem behind him.”
    Mr. Christie’s latest empathy scandal has left Mr. Klugian, like many other Republicans, shaking his head: “It’s sad to see such a promising career end this way. But maybe this will force him to get the help he needs.”

Is this like an Onion article?

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. Read the author's other columns.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    lmao, that's awesome.

I did read Christie being "reluctant" about signing it and almost posted it in the derp thread. My impression of Chris Christie is that he is not a terrible person, but he has an attitude, and right leaning politics. The Dem in 2016 will be either Hillary or Joe, and one of them will get my vote. Christie however is not far right, he is not Rand Paul, he is not Ted Cruz.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And that's exactly why he won't get the GOP nomination in 2016, even if he does decide to run. My money is on Santorum. The GOP seems to often gift the second - runner up in the primaries with a chance to fail in the next General Election.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh please let it be in-Santorum!

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    santorum was only the anybody-but-mitt for a short time. i dont know that its fair to consider him the runnerup when others were frontrunner not-mitts for as long or longer. herman cain's probably done because sex + black dude but dwight newt could just as easily seize the "inevitability" mitt benefitted from as santorum could

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Why does everyone believe Borowitz's stuff? He's been doing satire for years.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Andy Borowitz is awesome, I subscribe to his Facebook feed and laugh my ass off, but given the crop of GOP politicians over the past few years, the line between reality and satire has become a bit blurred.

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What's particularly confusing is that it's happened about four times in the last six months on this forum. I don't even think it's the first time it's happened in this thread. And he's clearly billed as the New Yorker's satirist. How is it possible for people to get so confused?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Because what would normally seem like Satire to us is **** the GOP is actually doing.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Great satire is if you can't distinguish it from the reality.

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Because I cannot "like" this enough.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005