main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
  2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...is-ebooks-cover-is-unintentionally-hilarious/

[​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn and VadersLaMent like this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't know that I could go back and do a "Derper of the Year award" as that would be a lot of work going back through this thread. But this dude would be a front runner:

The science of Oregon's GOP Chair

On nuclear waste: "All we need do with nuclear waste is dilute it to a low radiation level and sprinkle it over the ocean—or even over America after hormesis is better understood and verified with respect to more diseases." And: "If we could use it to enhance our own drinking water here in Oregon, where background radiation is low, it would hormetically enhance our resistance to degenerative diseases. Alas, this would be against the law."

His conclusion on the AIDS epidemic: Homosexuality might be a natural consequence of the gay lifestyle, and the federal government had cooked the books "as an excuse for all sorts of social engineering, especially in the public schools."

On diversity: The white-male imbalance at his alma mater, Cal Tech, Robinson argued, was due to the fact that "its applicants are weighted toward those who seek severe, difficult, total-immersion training in science—an experience few women and blacks desire."

[​IMG]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Multiple derp today.

Derp #1:

"I'll be as callous and uncaring as you can imagine. I have no interest in paying for your health care. I'd hate to see you get cancer, but that's your problem, not mine." Steve Lonagan, candidate for the New Jersey Senate, has backing of the Koch Brothers. Also plans to found his own version of Elysium, take his rich buddies up there in a luxury shuttle, and spell "**** the poor!" in exhaust fumes as he departs Earth forever. After all, Earth sucks, it contains poor people who get cancer.

Derp #2:

"I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by the majority of people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. In fact, quite candidly, our leverage in elections goes up as the voting populace goes down." ALEC founder Paul Weyrich, whose organization has been responsible for voter suppression laws in 34 states, including my own

Because nothing says "land of the free" like "Let me ensure that people who disagree with me, can't get to the polls." What exactly are you ALEC ***holes afraid of? That your principles are so ****ing stupid and outdated that you couldn't possibly win an election on them alone? ...Yeah, that's what I thought.

Derp #3:

Old derp but still derp, and relevant as this idiot has not retracted his statements and is running for Senate next year:

According to Tom Cotton, women should oppose no-fault divorce laws so that their husbands won't leave them

...because apparently, ya know, you men folks are utterly incapable of keeping your ****s in your pants and would never stay in a marriage unless the law made you do it. And we women should want to ensure that the law makes you stay because we are utterly incapable of functioning on our own and would probably do a Padme and "lose the will to live" if you left.

Well played, Mr. Cotton, you managed to insult both genders at once. And if your warped perception were the reality, feminists should be opposed to the existence of the institution of marriage itself.

Arawn_Fenn and Valairy Scot like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Wow, Lonegan. One quick google. That man is insane.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    My head hurts from all the derp.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    lol, this is just funny

...of Heritage Action's planned nine-city tour to promote the effort to defund Obamacare, DeMint was asked why Republicans should push legislation to gut the new federal health care law "when we know that President Obama won't sign it."
    "Well, we don't know that, do we?" DeMint replied.

Ha. Ha ha. HAHAHAHHA! Right. Obama will sign to defund Obamacare. I like one of the comments: This guy is a Koch Sucker.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That is hilarious.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Warning, the derp that follows may make your blood boil:

[​IMG]

So much derp...

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head." -Salzella, Terry Pratchett's Maskerade.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "One pissed off mother". It mated and created more. :rolleyes:

timmoishere likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think it's the 'Move or euthanize him' at the end that really really sends this over the top and makes my blood boil. What gives anybody the right to say that about somebody else's child?

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, that is one of the most infuriating things I've read in a really long time. What a whiny, entitled sociopath.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's on par or worse (since it's anonymous) with the family that tormented a child who had the same type of Hunington's disease as her mother, including putting a coffin with a corpse that looked like her mother in the front of their yard, because she didn't go to their kid's birthday party.

I really hope they find the letter author and out here. There's really no excuse for writing such a horrifying letter.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love how the letter gets more and more deranged as if the ****ing piece of **** of a horrible excuse of a mother gradually became more and more insane as she wrote it.

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You'd be surprised just how many people like to think they hold the power of life and death over others. Cases like this aren't particularly uncommon, just unusually vocal about it.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Too bad that Colorado politician wasn't an adult Eric Cartman, then it would make sense.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Derpity at 2:00

I don't recall the exact title but it was a naturalization clause I think to make the phrase "natural born citizen" clear; you can be born abroad but be a U.S. citizen and eligable for President so long as one of your parents was a U.S. citizen. So, Cruz is eligable. I wonder if this lady considers Mexico foreign soil, or South America.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    From the article:

DING DING DING!

Of course, the whole idea that heterosexual marriage is in some way threatened by homosexual marriage is complete bullcrap.

Heterosexual marriages are threatened by the behavior of the heterosexuals in them.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I wonder if that is what he will plead in his hearing. "Your Honor, I became inebriated and opertaed vehicles both on the water and on the road because...because...GAYS!"

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Clearly the only reason his marriage fell apart was because of the insidious machinations of t3h gay. In fact, whenever a straight couple gets a divorce, we LBGTQ types all give each other a silent, knowing nod, content with the slow and gradual spread of our tendrils into the fabric of society itself.