main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite conversation of the saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darth_mccartney, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    What's your favorite conversation of the entire saga?

For me it's the one between Obi Wan and Jango in AOTC. The atmosphere is so tense and both Ewan and Temuera put in fantastic performances!

Actually AOTC it pretty good for conversations! Obi Wan and Jango, Obi Wan and Jocasta Nu, the Obi Wan and Dooku interrogation, Obi Wan and Dexter...a lot of Obi Wan!

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The lunch scene in TPM, although Obi-Wan and Jango comes as a close second.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    You fought in the Clone Wars?...

4. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I like Anakin and Padme's picnic conversation in AOTC, along with Obi-Wan and Jango's conversation in the same movie. I also like Luke and Obi-Wan's conversation in ROTJ, along with Lando's conversation with Leia and Han in ESB.

Darth Raiden and kainee like this.
  5. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'd have to go with Luke and Ben discussing Vader / Anakin etc in ANH and Luke and Vader discussing parentage at the end of TESB.

For comic value pretty much anything involving Han and 3PO.

The opera scene would be my favourite PT discussion.

kainee, Darth Dnej and Frank T. like this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan and Anakin talking on Mustafar

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I suppose if forced to pick one I'd go with Luke and Ben in Ben's home on Tattooine. "This is your father's lightsaber."

Right behind that would be Luke and Yoda when Luke returns to Dagobah in ROTJ.

8. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Some of those conversations with Luke / Yoda on Dagobah would have to be right up there.

'I'm not afraid.'
    'You will be...'

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Way too many to list.
    Han, Leia and C-3PO in ESB,
    Han on the Death Star to the Comm Official before shooting the board,
    Obi-Wan and Vader in ANH.

plaidphoenix, Minez01, kainee and 2 others like this.
  10. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    The conversation Vader has with the officers in the Death Star Briefing room in ANH, especially when Vader gets pissed at Admiral Motti.
    A close second is the conversation in RotJ when Palpatine is telling Luke to kill him. That scene always makes me giggle.

11. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed. I also liked the conversation between Palpatine, Luke and Vader in ROTJ.
    The Opera scene in ROTS is good as well.

kainee and Shadow Trooper like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That was the moment Yoda stopped being funny and got freaky scary. Love that.

14. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Every scene with Yoda and Luke. But definitely the x-wing scene as my favorite.
    "I don't believe it."
    "That is why you fail."

15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    My favorite scene from Episode I applies to this thread...

When Qui-Gon and Shmi are talking about Anakin's birth while he's off, innocently playing with his podracer in the distance. And the way Shmi talks about his immaculate conception, all while the Force Theme is playing... it gives me the chills. Feelings of destiny, forebodings, it's like a LOT of the saga's major events are beginning to unfurl in that scene, then you remember at this time, Anakin is just an innocent little kid... you'd never guess he'd become what he does.

16. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    has got to be Obi wan and Luke in Ep4 or the legend of darth plagueis in Ep 3

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

This one. ROTS, Kenobi's "this assignment is not to be on record" conversation. So well done visually, the lighting is brilliant, McGregor is at his very best, and it is one of few scenes that represents a point in which Anakin looks like the good guy during his downward spiral.

18. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    From the prequels, I like the words between Obi and Anakin right before Obi Wan heads off to Utupau. You can kind of tell it's a bit of an "end of the road" conversation, but I think in that single moment, Hayden and Ewan have more connection to each other than at any other point in the series. I actually believed they were good friends during that conversation.

Secondly, and I have no idea why, I just love the dialogue between Admiral Ackbar and Lando during the Endor space battle. Something about the frantic nature of the whole thing.

19. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Yoda talking with Luke in ESB

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The conversation as Palpatine is trying to goad Luke into joining the dark side, but is general dialogue is allowed, then the dialogue between Luke and Vader during the ESB duel.

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    That's my favorite as well, for the same reason. I like how everything seems to turn upside down for Anakin at that point: the council asking him something that is treason, the chancellor asking him to be his eyes and ears among the jedi, Padmé begging him to speak to the ones in power to end the war... You're right, it does feel every party wants to exploit Anakin, who is struggling with his feelings enough already...

22. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
    Vader and Luke on Endor has always been a favorite. Luke's very somber "Then my father is truly dead" is one of my favorite lines in ROTJ, and the Saga.

At this point I can't help but love and laugh at the droid's bickering like an old married couple, it used to drive me nuts but now it's hilarious. "Oh switch off!"

23. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    "This party's over"

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone saying Mace Windu's lines, except Jackson.

Though on the more serious side, Yoda in Empire Strikes Back. Once Luke realizes who Yoda is, Yoda immediately snaps out of his wackiness, and becomes deathly serious. After that, everything he says is immediately memorable.

24. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    The first time you see ESB (in 4,5,6,1,2,3 order) that statement by Yoda is haunting. Because you never really saw the heyday or the Jedi or how a Jedi trains, you really wonder what Luke will have to do to become a jedi? The Cave scene really echoes those words spoken by Yoda because it is a real test for Luke...and he failed.

25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    part of Star Wars i think is the juxtaposition of great dialogue and the woodeness its criticised for (ep 2 is the worst for this) Some great convos in Ep3, Darth Plagueis as stated above but also i love the "I'm so Sorry" conversation between Obi Wan and Padme. Ep4 is great too and love the duel of words between Obi Wan and Darth Vader as the come face to face again at last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.